Luke Kuechly discussion

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Barnett might have something to say about that, but you could be right. That would give us 3 LBs that could play on passing downs: Barnett, Scott, and Kuechly.

I hear you...But I also think this is the one area (pass D) where Scouts believe Kuechly truly can be a difference maker...Especially in zone...If it's Nickel, Kuechly and Barnett...Dime, they battle it out...And Scott rotates in as a specialty player...Like I said before...I'm really just guessing...But nonetheless I hope it's an educated guess... B-)

I hear you...But I also think this is the one area (pass D) where Scouts believe Kuechly truly can be a difference maker...Especially in zone...If it's Nickel, Kuechly and Barnett...Dime, they battle it out...And Scott rotates in as a specialty player...Like I said before...I'm really just guessing...But nonetheless I hope it's an educated guess... B-)

i think the potential is there to use various combinations of the three in different packages. I am starting to warm up to the idea of drafting of Kuechly.

if wanny wants to tune up his defense to include this kid then thats alright by me. not my pick, but really this kid is going to do some team a favor when drafted by them. I dont think he fits for us now even though its easy to see how he could create depth at all 3 LB positions possibly. And start at most of them. I just dont see the perfect fit when drafting at Ten. He would have to replace someone. Do you guys see Buddy thinking that is a goodish idea. I don't. Even Morrison, i think they have been waiting to play him for this season. No knock on this guy by any means, i am talking about Bills right now. Be a great addition if the wannster could make it work though with all the packages and versatilty he seems to provide. in theory.

Not really. Care more about whether he can cover Tight Ends and Running Backs. It's a passing league. Rather have a guy like David from Nebraska than a tackling machine like Kuechly.

Kuechly's 6 INTs the last 2 years compared to David's 2 INTs tells everyone he's a better cover LB

Sure! Why not? There are many people advocating for CB's at 10th overall, and all CB's do is cover. They're not even expected to do much in run support, let alone rush the passer.

A LB like Kuechly, meanwhile, will be on the field for all 3 plays and is actually faster than the best TE's and possession WR's in the game...in addition to his ability to stop the run.

I really don't understand the Kuechly outrage. Oh right, he has the same skin color as Poz. Therefore, Kuechly = Poz.

Exactly. Just like this Buffaloed in Pa guy comparing him to Poz. Why? Most likely because he is white, that's why. Poz couldn't carry his jock.

It's a tough question...I'm really unsure...I do know Mayock says that Kuechly is the best, and most instinctive, LB in coverage he has ever Scouted...So...I'm not sure there is any way to compare what Kuechly potentially brings...And it's not that he can't blitz and help out there...I think it's more like he was so good at covering he did not rush the passer much at BC...That's just my guess...

The Bills have guys to rush the passer now...And it's a passers league...In the Bills Division the Patsies have Brady, Gronk, and Hernandez...The Jets have Keller who can be a handful...The Fish TE Fasano had 2 TD's vs The Bills last year...So...I'm not saying I think Kuechly will be, or should be, the pick at #10...But I think it's easy enough to make an argument for a great cover LB who is a tackling machine, and REAL fast...I can see it...That's all... B-)

:thumbsup:

That's cool, because I've only seen him play once or twice. Anyway, why not change your sig?

You most have missed all my other discussions on him :lol: . I've been talking about him for 2 years now even when some thought he going back to WR and not real QB but He just has something special. I had him as my number one for quite some time but took him on and off now then when I thought he wouldn't be unavailable, and I just took him off 2 days ago when it seems pretty clear that we don't have a shot at him so I went with the BPA who could start right away and fits our system and that is Kuechly.

LBs typically don't fit the bill at #10. I would be surprised if he was the pick unless they strongly feel he is a Urlacher/Willis/Lewis type impact.....

What player was the number #2 Pick Last Year? And What Position did he play? Was that Von Miller a Linebacker? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. No Not at 10 but 2

What player was the number #2 Pick Last Year? And What Position did he play? Was that Von Miller a Linebacker? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. No Not at 10 but 2

Also C. Bennett, S.Conlan....I'm sure there's more but 2 Bills that come to mind quickly.

That comparison is silly. Miller was drafted as a pass rush guy, period. ILBs are valued significantly less than 3-4 rush backers...

Another thing I'll add about Kuechly is the fact that LB is clearly a need Position for The Bills, but there has been almost no talk concerning him out of OBD (at least very little compared to some prospects)...And I'm thinking The Bills like that...Kuechley has visited, but there was not much made about that either...Lastly, something I just read on buffalobills.com struck me as interesting...Kuechly commented that he's been compared by some to Zach Thomas, who played (and played very well) for Wanny in Miami...

Trying to connect some dots here...And just saying... B-)

actually Miller is a Defensive End primarily (they play 4-3 in Denver).

Miller plays LB on run downs and DE on pass downs, similar to Matthias Kiwanuka for the Giants. Neither guy is a useful comp for Kuechly.

Miller plays LB on run downs and DE on pass downs, similar to Matthias Kiwanuka for the Giants. Neither guy is a useful comp for Kuechly.

I've been racking my brain trying to think who would be a useful comparison in the NFL to Kuechly...I'm thinking maybe Sean Lee in Dallas...He's a VERY good player overall...My friends who are Cowboys Fans love that Kid...Totally different Defensive scheme though...B-)

I've been racking my brain trying to think who would be a useful comparison in the NFL to Kuechly...I'm thinking maybe Sean Lee in Dallas...He's a VERY good player overall...My friends who are Cowboys Fans love that Kid...Totally different Defensive scheme though...B-)

Its Brian Urlacher.

If you take Kuechly at #10, you're taking him to be the QB of your Defense.

I don't understand why you take the #10 overall pick then put him in a position where he is jogging with TEs all day.

I'm worried that bills fans are forgetting how awful our run defense is. It seems like everyone is assuming our entire D is going to get better because of Mario and Anderson. I'm actually very worried that teams are going to be able to run it down our throats next year. That is the main reason why I want Kuechly on this team.