Jim Irsay loves Ryan Tannehill

"Longtime NFL executive and current ESPN analyst Bill Polian strongly advocated that path Tuesday for the Miami Dolphins, predicting the Vikings could net the Dolphins' No. 8 pick along with their second- and third-round picks in return. Wednesday, Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay veered from the usual bizarre nature of his Twitter feed to suggest a similar tack:

Tannehill is a hidden gem in this draft, a quiet secret who was always sneaking up to #3..you want him, you better talk to Zigi"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/40568/jim-irsay-tannehill-suitors-must-deal

Aside from having the blind dumbass luck to fall into Peyton Manning, what exactly has Jim Irsay done to distinguish himself as an NFL talent evaluator?

Keep beating the drum on your crusade.

I've said it before but the fact that Tannenhill is being discussed in the top 10 baffles a lot of people who have watched him play the past two years. I'e watched Tannenhill a ton (on TV and in person) and not once did I think I was watching an NFL QB, let alone a top 10 pick. I'm just an arm chair QB but he wasn't a winner and wasn't productive (despite having a ton of offensive talent). Yes he is athletic but if he can't put up big stats in a passing league like the Big 12 how is going to do it the NFL.

The more TNnehill get talked-up, the higher the likelihood he gets picked before the Bills' turn (I'm still not convinced he will be, but it's a strong possibility), allowing someone else to drop down. Now I've made no secret I want Fleener, who wil be there, but if a player a team a few spots after the Bills wants, they could trade down, get and extra pick, and still take him.

I've said it before but the fact that Tannenhill is being discussed in the top 10 baffles a lot of people who have watched him play the past two years. I'e watched Tannenhill a ton (on TV and in person) and not once did I think I was watching an NFL QB, let alone a top 10 pick. I'm just an arm chair QB but he wasn't a winner and wasn't productive (despite having a ton of offensive talent). Yes he is athletic but if he can't put up big stats in a passing league like the Big 12 how is going to do it the NFL.

Teams get desperate this time of the year for what they perceive to be the "franchise" QB they have been looking for, they literally talk themselves into it. Mike Mayock states the guy isn't an immediate starter and will need time to develop, like a year.

On another note, Jim Irsay is such a tool IMO. The man had Peyton Manning, and let him walk. If the Rams can get 3 #1's for RG3, I gotta wonder what the Colts could have gotten for the #1 overall? Keep Manning and rebuild the team almost instantly. Instead of that #1 in 2014 get extra #2, #3 this year and next. Draft Kalil and solidify that LT spot for the next ten years.

Teams get desperate this time of the year for what they perceive to be the "franchise" QB they have been looking for, they literally talk themselves into it. Mike Mayock states the guy isn't an immediate starter and will need time to develop, like a year.

On another note, Jim Irsay is such a tool IMO. The man had Peyton Manning, and let him walk. If the Rams can get 3 #1's for RG3, I gotta wonder what the Colts could have gotten for the #1 overall? Keep Manning and rebuild the team almost instantly. Instead of that #1 in 2014 get extra #2, #3 this year and next. Draft Kalil and solidify that LT spot for the next ten years.

Manning is 1 bad hit away from Paralysis, there was good reason to sever ties.

Jesus Pete, it was only 2 #1's, they SWAPPED first's this yr.

The more I hear from Jim Irsay, the more I believe he is a complete f*@!ing a##hole. -AND a narcissist. There is something grimy and untrustworthy in all of his mannerisms. I DO NOT like the guy.

That said, -He could be up to something.

There's a very good chance that Tanneyhill is the fool's gold in this draft. -Why not get out there and spread more hype, and disinformation about him? Why not decieve competing franchises by dressing up a prospect who, in any other year, is MAYBE a 4th-5th rounder? I don't believe Jim Irsay loves Ryan Tanneyhill at all. -I DO believe that Jim Irsay loves himself, and apparently, the SPOTLIGHT as well.

Edited by #34fan

"Longtime NFL executive and current ESPN analyst Bill Polian strongly advocated that path Tuesday for the Miami Dolphins, predicting the Vikings could net the Dolphins' No. 8 pick along with their second- and third-round picks in return. Wednesday, Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay veered from the usual bizarre nature of his Twitter feed to suggest a similar tack:

Tannehill is a hidden gem in this draft, a quiet secret who was always sneaking up to #3..you want him, you better talk to Zigi"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/40568/jim-irsay-tannehill-suitors-must-deal

What i take from that is Irsay is friends with the Vikes owner, and thus trying to help a friend. He is helping add more chum in the water.

Tannehill is way to unproven and raw to be taken this early. I have been saying that for awhile. He could develope into a great QB or he could be the next Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch etc...

The more I hear from Jim Irsay, the more I believe he is a complete f*@!ing a##hole. -AND a narcissist. There is something grimy and untrustworthy in all of his mannerisms. I DO NOT like the guy.

There's a very good chance that Tanneyhill is the fool's gold in this draft. -Why not get out there and spread more hype, and disinformation about him? Why not decieve competing franchises by dressing up a prospect who, in any other year, is MAYBE a 4th-5th rounder? I don't believe Jim Irsay loves Ryan Tanneyhill at all. -I DO believe that Jim Irsay loves himself, and apparently, the SPOTLIGHT as well.

Spot on. Irsay loves Irsay. Twitter is the perfect outlet for his narcissistic personality disorder. He truly believes that there is a great throng out there waiting with bated breath for his next tweet. The guy never had to earn anything, daddy gave it all to him and it shows.

Manning is 1 bad hit away from Paralysis, there was good reason to sever ties.

Jesus Pete, it was only 2 #1's, they SWAPPED first's this yr.

No he isn't, You honestly think Manning is that stupid to jeopardize his future away from football to play a few more years. If you watched the NFL network they had a doctor on that has performed hundreds of those neck surgeries over his 25 year career and stated That Manning's neck won't be any more susceptible to further injury then any other NFL player.

Also, according to the Bronco's WR's Manning's arm strength is 100%. Like I said, Irsay was a fool to let Manning walk as the man was the face of his Colt franchise.

Yea they swapped first rounders, 2 extra #1's in 2013, 2014 and an extra #2 pick this year

He is a chip off the old block, his father Robert was the biggest !@#$ owner in the league. He gave his QB Bert Jones a house as a bonus when he signed with the Colts. But Bert didn't read the fine print because when he left the team Irsay took the house back, needless to say Jones was stunned he lost his home. This was one of the reasons John Elway refused to play for the Colts.

I kinda feel bad for Andrew Luck as he doesn't have Bill Polian to build the team around him. At this point I'm kinda surprised Jim Irsay hasn't made himself the GM like Cowboys owner Jerry Jones

Edited by Fear the Beard