JUST DO IT

The ideal situation would be to find a team in the #15-#20 range that could trade with us. Hopefully we pick up another 2nd rounder and maybe some late round picks. With our 1st round pick then, we select OT Cordy Glenn. Then, trade up into the end of rd 1 or early rd 2 and select DE Whitney Mercilus. Then, in the 3rd round select WR Brian Quick.

OR

If nobody is willing to trade with us we still select OT Cordy Glenn, this time with our #10 pick. Then in the 2nd round select the best CB available. Follow that up by selecting Brian Quick in the 3rd.

OR

Select OG David Decastro at #10, best available OT in rd 2 (Mike Adams?), and CB or WR in rd 3.

AND top all that off by selecting QB Russell Wilson with either or second 4th rd pick or 5th rd pick(I know ppl doubt this kid but if nothing else he could become a solid backup and serve as better insurance than Thigpen who I am not a fan of at all. Wilson has all the tools and just lacks height, but I think he makes up for it with arm strength, accuracy, and his abilities to make plays.

BTW, I'm not sure we should spend our #10 pick on Floyd, it just doesn't make sense with such a deep WR class and us having bigger needs. I just think we can effectively address this later on.

Edited by FredEx Delivers

1334195150[/url]' post='2435059']

The ideal situation would be to find a team in the #15-#20 range that could trade with us. Hopefully we pick up another 2nd rounder and maybe some late round picks. With our 1st round pick then, we select OT Cordy Glenn. Then, trade up into the end of rd 1 or early rd 2 and select DE Whitney Mercilus. Then, in the 3rd round select WR Brian Quick.

OR

If nobody is willing to trade with us we still select OT Cordy Glenn, this time with our #10 pick. Then in the 2nd round select the best CB available. Follow that up by selecting Brian Quick in the 3rd.

OR

Select OG David Decastro at #10, best available OT in rd 2 (Mike Adams?), and CB or WR in rd 3.

AND top all that off by selecting QB Russell Wilson with either or second 4th rd pick or 5th rd pick(I know ppl doubt this kid but if nothing else he could become a solid backup and serve as better insurance than Thigpen who I am not a fan of at all. Wilson has all the tools and just lacks height, but I think he makes up for it with arm strength, accuracy, and his abilities to make plays.

BTW, I'm not sure we should spend our #10 pick on Floyd, it just doesn't make sense with such a deep WR class and us having bigger needs. I just think we can effectively address this later on.

The only bigger need is LT and it's close as to which position is needed more. Fitz needs blocking, no doubt, but he also needs talented Wrs. We currently have 1 IMO. Nelson is ok, but I consider him an average 3/good 4 wr

Ill be honest all of them suck. Mercilius won't be there, I want a w.r in the 1st 2 rounds and you don't have any clue what peoples actual values are. If we want a w.r to have an impact day one it needs to be a 1st or 2nd rounder.

And I suppose you know everything? What I'd love to know is how you know for a fact that they all suck if nobody in the world knows which players are gonna turn out in the NFL. But hey, apparently you somehow know they already suck. Next time don't post if you don't know what you're talkin about.

The only bigger need is LT and it's close as to which position is needed more. Fitz needs blocking, no doubt, but he also needs talented Wrs. We currently have 1 IMO. Nelson is ok, but I consider him an average 3/good 4 wr

I know, our needs probly go OT, WR, LB/CB but i just don't think Floyd fits the value of the #10 pick, thats just my opinion i hope he turns out to be good but i think OT Glenn is versatile and could be very helpful for the future of our o-line. He plays both OT and OG, and everyone knows we need depth across our line.

If we don't draft a high profile WR, I predict Easley will prove to be our primary WR. by week 6.

I completely agree. I really see something in Easley and think he's gonna be a very good player for us.

I know, our needs probly go OT, WR, LB/CB but i just don't think Floyd fits the value of the #10 pick, thats just my opinion i hope he turns out to be good but i think OT Glenn is versatile and could be very helpful for the future of our o-line. He plays both OT and OG, and everyone knows we need depth across our line.

I completely agree. I really see something in Easley and think he's gonna be a very good player for us.

What do you base your strong opinion of Easley on? Considering he has not caught a single pass in the regular season yet. Playing a bit vs. pre season scrubs is not much to base an opinion on. I look at Easley as a rookie receiver with a whole to prove yet.

Typically, I'm for anything that involves getting Decastro.

From a pure talent point, if everyone else on the board is gone I agree. He will be a monster. For someone

I honestly dont think Floyd will be there at #10. if he is the Bills take him but I see jax taking him at #7. Its hard to belive we are in such a hard spot with a top ten pick. I have the Bills taking Reiff in my full mock, Floyd I belive would be the better pick.

I'm just not on board with drafting a guard that high. Decastro looks great, but championships aren't built by stockpiling guards. There isn't enough of a talent gap between Decastro and the kind of guards you can get in later rounds to warrant using the 10th pick on him.

I'm all about Floyd. He and Stevie would be a great duo. I don't like any tackle besides Kahlil. I think Glenn, who started like 32 games at G in college, is a G. I know he started 18 or something at T but, I think he is probably a natural G. If it can't be Floyd, I haven't the foggiest as to what they'll do.

OR

OR

I like it!

Seeing as thou Buddy did not attend ND pro day and he is not scheduled for a visit to the Bills complex, i find it hard to believe the Bills take Floyd.

I think it is Glenn in the first

then they go best player at postion of need for round 2-4. LB, WR, CB. In that order of need.

5-7 it is just best player available.

It really is that simple. the complexness comes from grading the guys and your need. I think the coaches and Buddy know the needs very well. I think Buddy and Whaley can grade talent well.

and then out again during weeks 10-16, only to finish strong in a meaningless week 17 bout, giving all his fans hope for year 4...I gotta be honest, right now I can't even think of his first name...

Marcellus

ok yawl, i gotta give props to the OP here !

I've watched cordy, and it looks like he may be the real deal. don't think he can just jump in on the left side yet, but he sure plays like a tackle. he can run block, has decent feet, and i would like to install arms like that on ALL our linemen !

i have nothing against decastro, it's hard to find anything, but... in a way we already have him. he seems like a stronger version of andy: a very athletic guard who may also be able to handle the tackle position, but why switch him? he does have shorter arms and i think that matters for longevity sometimes. but i'm glad our boys are taking a close look at glenn.

floyd certainly has it all on paper. he tests well, has the production and all that. but when i watch him, he looks a bit stiff, and does not seem to get consistent separation. but like most everyone is saying, there are a lot of interesting receivers out there. i'm expecting a good one in the 3rd round.

with mercilus... i'm kyna leery about drafting anyone named "whitney", and i'm not sure she can play linebacker, but we do need at least one of those.

i would like to see a CB in the 2nd or 3rd, especially a ballhawk, now that may actually have a pass rush. josh robinson is an amazing athlete.

so, i'm looking at four needs: tackle, receiver, corner and linebacker, and it seems the level of available depth will influence the order in which they are selected. i have faith in our old boys to handle that.

now, if they take a RB or 225 lb lineman, ima call 911 immediately, if i can manage it. :wallbash:

can't hardly wait for draft weekend!

~AS

In Buddy I trust... I'll take anybody over Jonathan Martin... I have my own preferences of who i would like us to draft but I've posted a lot about them and frankly am tired of talking about it...

We can narrow it down to about 5-10 players that will realistically be there for the taking at the #10 slot, be it the Reiffs, the Floyds, the DeCastros, the Poes, the Ingrams, the Glenns, the Martins, the Kuechleys, and a couple other guys.

The one name I would actually get upset to be called is Jonathan Martin. I would also be upset with Coples but I doubt he would even be on Buddy's radar with the 10th pick.

Side note - I'm team Ingram and team Floyd...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

I'm all about Floyd. He and Stevie would be a great duo. I don't like any tackle besides Kahlil. I think Glenn, who started like 32 games at G in college, is a G. I know he started 18 or something at T but, I think he is probably a natural G. If it can't be Floyd, I haven't the foggiest as to what they'll do.

If Floyd isn't there I wish they would just play it safe and take Kuechly.

call me stupid/crazy but I still think Richardson is going to fall to us, and we are going to use our #10 pick on yet again, another RB (which I would not be mad at figuring how late we got him and how old Freddy is)... I have come to expect things like this from the Bills :blush: