Fantasy Football

Are you a fan of fantasy football? Personally, I can't stand fantasy leagues and fantasy chatter.

When a sports radio show like the Simoncast or Shoop & THe Bulldog bring in a fantasy "expert" I change the channel.

There's nothing worse than hearing a guy call in and ask, "I can start two of my three runningbacks. I've got to choose between Holmes, Tomlinson and Henry. What, for the love of God, should I do?"

Leave the decisions to the real coaches and Gm's and become a regular fan again.

I think that there should be a ban on all fantasy geeks clogging up radio shows and chatboards.Who is with me?

Flame away fantasy geeks!

Personally, I love my fantasy league. Its 13 of my friends from buffalo talking s#it for 14 weeks. That, and it makes the other games (non- AFCEast) muuuuch more interesting and important to me. I normally couldnt give a good god-damn about how Bubba Franks does this year, but since he is on my team, and could help me win the first prize money of $1500, I'll be psyched if he scores a TD.

Just adds to the fun outside of what happens in the Bills games.

I love playing FF. However I can't stand seeing reports on TV or radio shows that talk about it. FF is for fun, its not news therefore keep it out of your radio shows and Sportscenter and stuff like that. The callers are the worst, why the hell do I want to hear that Joe Schmo has problems picking his lineup. If he's a fan, he should be able to pick out his own lineup, if he's not a football fan - Don't play fantasy football.

I used to hate FF stuff, then about 4 years ago I began playing with some friends. Now it's the greatest thing. I'm a convert. I don't need to hear it on radio and TV shows though,,,,,there's plenty of info on the net or in newspapers/magazines.

If you don't play it, you're a hater! If you do, you love it.

Are you a fan of fantasy football? Personally, I can't stand fantasy leagues and fantasy chatter.

When a sports radio show like the Simoncast or Shoop & THe Bulldog bring in a fantasy "expert" I change the channel.

There's nothing worse than hearing a guy call in and ask, "I can start two of my three runningbacks. I've got to choose between Holmes, Tomlinson and Henry. What, for the love of God, should I do?"

Leave the decisions to the real coaches and Gm's and become a regular fan again.

I think that there should be a ban on all fantasy geeks clogging up radio shows and chatboards.Who is with me?

13154[/snapback]

No 'flaming' necessary here.

I am a fantasy football junkie. I will probably end up with a dozen different teams this year. Heck, I even moderate the fantasy football forum here at TBD! I can't help it. I love football; fantasy football has given me a reason to not only watch more NFL games (thanks to the Sunday Ticket we have!), but to pay attention to them to monitor my players. I can see how it wouldn't be everyone's thing, though. Heck, I feel the same way about reality TV that you do about fantasy football. In the end, it's just something you have to deal with. Just like reality TV, fantasy football is going nowhere any time soon.

Question:

What do you do when the star of your fantasy team is playing the Bills? Don't you sometimes get into a conflict of interest?

Case in point, I watched Super Bowl XXV in a bar in Niagara Falls. The bar had one of the super bowl squares for $100.00 a square.

As Norwood lined up for that fateful kick, one guy stood off to the side of the bar looking squemish. Someone said, "What's wrong with you?" I'll never forget when the guy answered, "I've got the 0-9 square. If he makes the kick I lose $5,000. I'm gonna be sick."

When the kick sailed wide right, there were about 50 guys in that bar ready to beat that guy's a$$. He left without the money and came back for it the next day.

I realize that this is an extreme example, but I wouldn't want my league championship riding on a guy scoring a TD that puts the Bills out of the playoffs.

And it very rarely comes down to that.

Fantasy Football is wonderful. Yahoo has a great stat tracker that is an add on to your team and can help you see how you are doing against your opponent live.

I'd still watch all the games I could but FFootball enhances the game.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

13154[/snapback]

I think their should be a ban on all people going on boards and complaining about football fans who play fantasy football. I don't need 'experts' to tell me who to start. :P

I want to know what the non-fantasy football playing, sports radio listening geeks have to say about THAT! :angry:

:P:D;):D:D:D:P:P

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Question:

What do you do when the star of your fantasy team is playing the Bills? Don't you sometimes get into a conflict of interest?

Case in point, I watched Super Bowl XXV in a bar in Niagara Falls. The bar had one of the super bowl squares for $100.00 a square.

As Norwood lined up for that fateful kick, one guy stood off to the side of the bar looking squemish. Someone said, "What's wrong with you?" I'll never forget when the guy answered, "I've got the 0-9 square. If he makes the kick I lose $5,000. I'm gonna be sick."

When the kick sailed wide right, there were about 50 guys in that bar ready to beat that guy's a$$. He left without the money and came back for it the next day.

I realize that this is an extreme example, but I wouldn't want my league championship riding on a guy scoring a TD that puts the Bills out of the playoffs.

13261[/snapback]

THAT'S WHY I NEVER start divisional guys who go against the Bills. Fantasy policy, and PLAYOFF GAMES are NEVER used in FFL with me.

Question:

13261[/snapback]

Actually, I love to lose if it means that the Bills won. It's not much of a consolation, but the flipside of that is that if the Bills lose you can feel like a smart GM for playing someone against the Bills. It really stinks when you think the Bills are gonna stuff _______________, so you bench him for the week. Then you watch the game and he has 150 yds rushing, 8 rec for 87 yds and 3 TDs. Then it's a lose-lose situation.

I am a fantasy football addict and will never give it up, but you are right one thing...the people who call up a radio show and want to know who they should start that week.

Newsflash...the "experts" you are talking to don't know anymore than you do. I don't play FF to have somebody else tell me who I should start.

I have a fantasy football addition. There, now I am on the road to recovery.

I have been playeing fantasy football since high school - before scoring was done by computers and other services. I used to open up the box scores in teh paper and score all the teams by hand - and I loved it! (Though my spanish teacher was not too keen on the idea).

It is a great hobby that incoporates my favorite sport - plus, one of the greatest events of the year is the draft! Getting together with the buddies, trash talking, trading, trashtalking, and drinkin beer. The draft is the best part.

I encourage you to join a league jsut to see what the fuss is about. You will get hooked.

I agree with you Chevy, and I think Bulldog on WGR has a similar view to mine. I HATE the concept, because success in fantasy football is predicated on selecting and rooting for players that you HATE. Or players on teams that you HATE. This to me takes away one of the fundamentals of football -despising your opponent. I can't watch a game between say, New England and Seattle and hope that New England scores "one more touchdown" but still loses the contest. This concept is screwed up folks! Maybe the whole fantasy thing works for the casual fan, but if you have football in your blood, meaning all Bills opponents are the ENEMY, all teams in the running for the playoffs with the Bills are the ENEMY, then you will not succeed at fantasy football. Casual NFL fans only need apply. B)