Estro

Using that chart, we could easily put together a draft that gets us:

1. Floyd, WR

2. David, LB

3. Hayward, CB

4a. Norman, CB

4b. Potter, OT

5. Sanders, OT

Addressing our 4 biggest needs, and getting what I believe is the most bang (talent) for your buck. I feel that a draft like Glenn+Hill would be severely underwhelming and would leave talent on the board.

Edit: added Sanders in the 5th after being inspired by ...lyBob's draft, and swapped WR Toon for CB Norman.

Edited by DrDareustein

Using that chart, we could easily put together a draft that gets us:

1. Floyd, WR

2. David, LB

3. Hayward, CB

4a. Toon, WR

4b. Potter, OT

Addressing our 4 biggest needs, and getting what I believe is the most bang (talent) for your buck. I feel that a draft like Glenn+Hill would be severely underwhelming and would leave talent on the board.

I think no matter who you pick, you're leaving talent on the board. I would just be shocked if Nix doesn't grab an OT in the first 2 rounds. It would take incredible patience and discipline to wait and see if someone like Martin falls to you in the 2nd.

I think no matter who you pick, you're leaving talent on the board. I would just be shocked if Nix doesn't grab an OT in the first 2 rounds. It would take incredible patience and discipline to wait and see if someone like Martin falls to you in the 2nd.

True, but I feel that after Kalil, any OT taken over the next couple of rounds is going to be about equal. With Hairston holding his own in 7 starts as a rookie, we dont have to reach based on need. We found a decent OT in the late 4th last year. I believe they could do it again in the 3rd or 4th this year as well.

If we identify our biggest needs as WR, OT, CB, & LB (not in any order), we can go BPA at those positions and leave considerably less talent on the board.

We again have 5 picks in the top 125, and I think Nix and Whaley will use them wisely. Not sure I can advocate picking Cordy Glenn at 10 as acting wisely. Sounds more like panicking. So.. patience and discipline it is then! :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein

If that Big board is the real deal- I'd might like this- Heavy on LBs because we need at least three more that can fit in the 4-3 and fill out special teams

1.Michael Floyd WR- I really think Brockers is going to the pro-bowl after his third season but Floyd improves the team the most this year- I think Floyd is a step below legit #1s like AJ Green and Julio Jones but with his size and hands he will be a chain mover and red-zone threat plus he a good blocker for a WR.

2. Trumaine Johnson CB - strong consideration for Lavonte David but a big CB is harder to find than a smaller athletic LB

3. Bobby Wagner LB- Should be able to play all three LB positions will back up this year and vie for a starting job next year

4a. Josh Norman CB- another good size CB - but am I over emphasizing size over speed and ball skills?-

4b. Donald Stephenson OT- Good size and athletic ability but very raw

5a. Zerbie Sanders OT- very good size, some nasty and good experience but only average athletic ability

5b. Demario Davis LB- a tad undersized a little raw but very athletic and a hard worker and very good special teams guy.

6. Tank Carder LB- pretty athletic, smart, made plays, a little undersized

7a Vontaze Burfict LB- maybe not a great person and sucked it up in workouts but taking a chance that some of the ability he showed in 2010 can still found with good coaching

7b Travis Benjamin WR/PR- A Parrish type WR

Overall this is a very hard draft to settle on players- very glad the Bills took care of DE in free agency because all five of DEs predicted as a possible #10 pick had something that made me a doubter- I really don't have a lot of love for any of the OTs after Kali- I Like a couple of the DTs a lot but DT is probably the place the Bills have the least need- Kuechly looks like a very safe pick but I don't think he has very much big play ability, he's probably better than POZ but I think he's going to have some of the same problems POZ had- I've been a little resistant to Floyd because do you want to spend the #10 pick on a number #2 WRs even if he's a really really really good #2 WR but he does seem like an almost perfect fit for the Bills, and he seems like he will be NFL ready right away which is good because I'm really desperate for the Bills to be in the playoff hunt.

If that Big board is the real deal- I'd might like this- Heavy on LBs because we need at least three more that can fit in the 4-3 and fill out special teams

1.Michael Floyd WR- I really think Brockers is going to the pro-bowl after his third season but Floyd improves the team the most this year- I think Floyd is a step below legit #1s like AJ Green and Julio Jones but with his size and hands he will be a chain mover and red-zone threat plus he a good blocker for a WR.

2. Trumaine Johnson CB - strong consideration for Lavonte David but a big CB is harder to find than a smaller athletic LB

3. Bobby Wagner LB- Should be able to play all three LB positions will back up this year and vie for a starting job next year

4a. Josh Norman CB- another good size CB - but am I over emphasizing size over speed and ball skills?-

4b. Donald Stephenson OT- Good size and athletic ability but very raw

5a. Zerbie Sanders OT- very good size, some nasty and good experience but only average athletic ability

5b. Demario Davis LB- a tad undersized a little raw but very athletic and a hard worker and very good special teams guy.

6. Tank Carder LB- pretty athletic, smart, made plays, a little undersized

7a Vontaze Burfict LB- maybe not a great person and sucked it up in workouts but taking a chance that some of the ability he showed in 2010 can still found with good coaching

7b Travis Benjamin WR/PR- A Parrish type WR

Overall this is a very hard draft to settle on players- very glad the Bills took care of DE in free agency because all five of DEs predicted as a possible #10 pick had something that made me a doubter- I really don't have a lot of love for any of the OTs after Kali- I Like a couple of the DTs a lot but DT is probably the place the Bills have the least need- Kuechly looks like a very safe pick but I don't think he has very much big play ability, he's probably better than POZ but I think he's going to have some of the same problems POZ had- I've been a little resistant to Floyd because do you want to spend the #10 pick on a number #2 WRs even if he's a really really really good #2 WR but he does seem like an almost perfect fit for the Bills, and he seems like he will be NFL ready right away which is good because I'm really desperate for the Bills to be in the playoff hunt.

I like yours as well. Same deal, address the "Big 4". I really like how you cover them over your first 6 picks even.

4. Cordy Glenn the #2 rated OT in the draft, as I suspect he is on Buddy's board. I've made numerous posts about Cordy Glenn, so no need to dive in again other than to say this: All signs continue to point to Cordy Glenn being a Buffalo Bill.

Glenn is an interesting case. Clearly has the huge body that Nix and Chan covet at a position of need, but there are questions about him as a LT (can he stay with speed rushers coming off the end? can his mammoth body and long arms compensate for his second tier athleticism)? I heard Charley Casserley say on NFLN that he has Glenn as a RT, due to the above questions.

With Fred Jackson in the backfield (rated as the most efficient pass blocking RB in the NFL), does this allow you to take a chance on Glenn? Can't wait to find out.

It's not that hard to predict 1 team, especially if you are updating your draft right before. I think half the football world has us taking Reiff or Floyd. Does that make Nawrocki a genius?

Again. He follows Buchsbaum's format, but he's no Buchsbaum.

BTW, if you follow Nix's comments that he doesn't see guys the same way, maybe he's not talking about Cordy Glenn. Maybe he's talking about a completely different position like LB. Just a random thought.

2 things:

1 - In the interview with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan, Nix and Kirwan were specifically on the topic of Offensive Tackles, when Nix talked about see a few of the O-Lineman different than others. He clearly wasn't talkin about any other position. If I could post the interview I would, as it was a great interview, but it was on Sirius, so can't find it anywhere

2 - The morning of this years draft sit down and do a quick mock draft yourself. It's tough enough to get 6 or 7 players to the right team, let alone 12. He actually went 15 for 32 the year before which to me indicates he clearly has connections to some of these teams. If he picks Floyd or Reiff for us in his final mock draft it doesn't make him a genius......but predicting Marshawn Lynch, Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Maybin, C.J. Spiller, and Marcell Dareus as the Bills 1st round pick in his Final Mock draft the last 5 years, is enough for me to put a lot of stock in his draft evaluations.

Nawrocki had Maybin as the number one DE the year he came out. He also trashed Newton last season, attacked him personally. Feel the guy is scum and should be ignored.

Mayock had Aaron Curry as one of the best and safest prospects in the 2009 draft. Should we discount all of Mayock's draft evaluations because he swung and missed on ONE evaluation? You have to keep in mind, the better media draft gurus (Nawrocki, Mayock, Wes Bunting) evaluate 250-350 prospects each year. To expect them never to misevaluate talent is impossible.

Here is my dream scenario: trade down w Dallas to 14 so the 'Boys can take Poe, pick up an extra 2nd, then grab Glenn at 14 and then Randle and a CB in Round 2.

I'd love that. Big Rueben Randle fan, too, that's Rueben's mug on my Home alone avatar if you didn't catch that.

This is the same guy that shat all over Cam last year right? I'll take his "insight" with a giant grain of salt

He has his personal opinion, but the PFW draft value is based on his perception of how the actual teams are rating the players - and historically is one of the more accurate

Last year his draft value correctly had Cam Newton going #1 regardless of his personal view.

Hmmmm. Very interesting how Nawrocki had the OLs sooo completely differently rated than most other media outlets.

I noticed that - has Martin and Adams down in the 2nd

I really can't tell what the Bills are going to do. It wouldn't surprise me if they draft Glenn. It wouldn't surprise me if they draft Kuechly and take a tackle in the 2nd.

I guess I would be a little surprised if they take Floyd or Gilmore

I'm not aware that anyone else even publishes a Draft Value Chart.

People seem to continue to have a hard time separating this document from his player evaluations.

To further your point, here is the definition of their value chart versus their actual evaluations:

The value board below is based on considerable feedback from NFL teams and projects the league value of players, pinpointing a specific area where players likely will be drafted. It is important to note that these values do not reflect where PFW thinks the players should be drafted or what type of pros they will become; that is better reflected in PFW's grades.

I'd predict a Cordy Glenn and Stephen Hill combo for rounds 1 & 2.

I would be fine with that. In fact, I'd love it. I am so high on Stephen Hill - I like him as much, and there is something I can't really pinpoint - no, I think it's that he looks to have the best of both worlds, when it comes to recievers - he's tall, and he's tough, a good blocker, and FAST. Anyway, getting him in the second, and also getting another Tackle, a guy who could swing tackle opposite Pears and Hairston, and give us depth and solidify the line, between the three Tackles. Yeah, I'd love that scenario.

Because, Keuchly at 10 kind of scares me. I know we could really use a dynamite LB, but I just don't think Keuchly looks like the type of LB that is explosive, like a Clay Matthews. He seems more like a London Fletcher. I guess, when it comes to drafting high, a dependable LT is more valuable than a dependable LB.

Solving our LT and WR needs in the first two rounds would be just great. I'd like to walk away from this draft with another WR in the first 4 or 5 rounds, too - just because there are so many really intruiging WR's in this draft, I think you could get a bonafide starter in rounds 4 and 5, and it'd be great to walk away from this draft with the O-line settled, and having WR's be a strength, and having two exceptional RB's - Fitz would have to prove it this year, or we'd have a great offense for a rookie to step into next year.