Impeach the Supreme court for something they haven't done yet?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a conservative board I visit, they have to post a picture of Catherine Zeta Jones on every thread Dowd is mentioned.

Edited by Wacka

Haha, this is why Smith seems like such an out of control hot head to me right now. To sit from the bench in the 5th circuit and basically use an active case to demand an answer from the president through the DOJ about a comment he makes publicly regarding his opinion of the possible ruling in the States case? Get over yourself. Obama is the president he will do what all politicians do and he will speak his mind and lead his side as he sees fit. As a sitting judge you STFU when the President speaks (are you listening Alito?) act judgly and then go about your day. Nobody is threatening judicial review, but if you were smart you would show humility as a judge and appreciate the concerns about the recent (and more importantly possible future) trend in showing too little defernce (according to some not all) to the elected branches who are also sworn to uphold the constitution.

When someone accuses you of a power grab you don't threaten to punch them unless they take it back. Certainly not when they can just decline to take it back and you can't punch them.

I'm guessing that you are a kid. Well for your sake , at least I hope you are

What would be the benefit to this Nation of such policy? A sicker, less productive, segment of the Nation that feels downtrodden and at risk... how does that help this great Nation? The providers in this country take an oath which dictates the opposite of that very sentiment.

I get buying a home- if you can't afford it, you shouldn't get the loan

If you can't afford a Car, walk or take the Bus

If you can't pay your Cable Bill, tough.

If you get Cancer, and everybody just strugged and says "sucks to be you", how would that make us a more benelovent people? Sickness does not seek out the Poor or People with Unhealthy lifestyles, its indiscrminant.

What happens if you get idiot from your parents? I can assure you idiot doesn't seek out poor people or unhealthy life styles either. The typical VC firm has at least one partner who inherited gobs of money, yet suffers from severe idiot. At one point in time Jane Fonda was the healthiest woman in the world, yet she still suffers from idiot.

What is idiot's cost to society? If we are going to base health care on this argument, shouldn't we also require people to buy "idiot insurance" so that when they do stupid things that cost society money, we can file a claim against that insurance? Knocking up 5 different women with 0 chance of supporting any? What is the cost of treating cancer....compared to that? What is the cost of treating cancer, compared to Dick Fuld's severe case of idiot causing Lehman Brothers to fail?

What is benevolent about using this argument for people who get sick, and not using it for confirmed idiots? We don't know who's going to get sick, but we do know the idiots. Isn't that a stronger case for forcing idiots to buy insurance?

That piece did not contain one legal argument. Just a bunch of fuming rhetoric.

And factually distorted, at that. But it's Maureen, so the fangirls will gone wild.

What happens if you get idiot from your parents? I can assure you idiot doesn't seek out poor people or unhealthy life styles either. The typical VC firm has at least one partner who inherited gobs of money, yet suffers from severe idiot. At one point in time Jane Fonda was the healthiest woman in the world, yet she still suffers from idiot.

What is idiot's cost to society? If we are going to base health care on this argument, shouldn't we also require people to buy "idiot insurance" so that when they do stupid things that cost society money, we can file a claim against that insurance? Knocking up 5 different women with 0 chance of supporting any? What is the cost of treating cancer....compared to that? What is the cost of treating cancer, compared to Dick Fuld's severe case of idiot causing Lehman Brothers to fail?

What is benevolent about using this argument for people who get sick, and not using it for confirmed idiots? We don't know who's going to get sick, but we do know the idiots. Isn't that a stronger case for forcing idiots to buy insurance?

:thumbsup: Excellent!