sirius nfl

frogger

It was done by Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan. They do a mock every Friday, and take turns picking players. Today they had the Vikings trading down and the bills trading up and ending up with Kalil. While this scenario will not play happen, I think Pat and Tim were trying to show that you never know for sure what will happen on draft day. It did make me think however. I am trying to decide how much I would be willing to give up to get Kalil.

As much as I enjoy and respect Pat & Tim IMHO, a trade up goes against everything Buddy Nix believes in ... a trade down ... maybe, but a trade up .... NEVER!!!

As far as drafting Kalil, I sit firmly in the "Our #1 need is a solid OT" camp and would be glad to have him, but would I rather have Kalil and lose our 3rd round pick, or Floyd (who the Vikes took in our #10 spot) and keep our 3rd round pick .... I don't know ... we sure could use a good WR, and a pick is a pick.

Edited by macaroni

As much as I enjoy and respect Pat & Tim IMHO, a trade up goes against everything Buddy Nix believes in ... a trade down ... maybe, but a trade up .... NEVER!!!

As far as drafting Kalil, I sit firmly in the "Our #1 need is a solid OT" camp and would be glad to have him, but would I rather have Kalil and lose our 3rd round pick, or Floyd (who the Vikes took in our #10 spot) and keep our 3rd round pick .... I don't know ... we sure could use a good WR, and a pick is a pick.

Think of it this way, we went into the draft with 9 picks and with this trade (and the comp pick) we still have 9 picks and a guaranteed starter at LT. That's a win to me.

I missed it and caught on the recap there were numerous trades and the Bills traded from 10 to 8 (I missed the compensation...but above says a third -- less than I thought'd be). For Kalil at that spot -- YES. In the 2nd they had us pick up the #1 TE.

Each year there is a team (like Atlanta last year) who swoop in and mess up everbody's mock drafts. How many of you mocked Atlanta to get Julio Jones last year? Yeah, that's what I thought.

It is fun to speculate, but there are two things about which we can be absolutely certain.

1st... there will be a team choosing in the top ten or so who is not there right now.

2nd... The Bills will sit at #10 and pick the best player on their board at that time.

NFL GM's love to wheel and deal... but Buddy does not.

Edited by BuckeyeBill

Yes, it probably would be.

While I don't think it will happen, if Buddy somehow gets Kalil, this would probably be the best offseason in the history of the Bills or pretty darn close to it.

My guess is he's a top 5 pick but stranger things HAVE happened in the NFL draft so if Kalil is there at 8 and we give up a 3rd to move up and get him? You already know I'm up for it. But who's to say there won't be a team with a pick that's after our's that won't also want to move to that spot and instead of giving up their 1st and 3rd they'll be willing to go with their 1st and 2nd round pick?

Buddy has my blessing though if this dream scenario was ever to come into play.

I'd be all in for Kalil if we could make that happen reasonably. I'd be all in for Blackmon on the same note.

I'm on the fence with this Blackmon kid. It also feels weird calling these guys "kids" now cuz I'm turning 34 yet these athletes live a very mature lifestyle. The guy is definitely talented. But my knock on him is his height. When you watch him play he plays like he's 7 feet tall but in reality isn't. Also runs 4.5-4.6 on the 40. I'll still stick to Floyd over Blackmon and also is more of a realistic chance of Floyd being there for the taking instead of having to give up an extra pick for Blackmon who I wouldn't pick over Floyd if both of them were to be on the board at #10 anyway.