Justin Blackmon was in town last night

Here's the math -

The Bills have visits scheduled with 30 draft-eligible players, plus local prospects; the Bills have 10 draft picks...

Every year, roughly 2 or 3 of the draft-eligible players that visit OBD are drafted by the Bills, the other 27+ are not.

Just sayin' I don't think a visit by anyone to OBD is any sure indicator that means Buddy means to trade up.

(FYI - Cam Newton visited last year.)

That said, Blackmon is a great steal for the Bills if he falls to the #10-spot!

And hey, anything can happen on draft day...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

+1

PFT has just reported that the Bills did not let Blackmon leave and have in fact drafted him.

That's really amazing. This is a whole new front office. No one would have imagined the Bills could, let alone would, do something like this until this year. I'm thrilled with this, and now that they already drafted Blackmon they can now concentrate on drafting an LT

(FYI - Cam Newton visited last year.)

That said, Blackmon is a great steal for the Bills if he falls to the #10-spot!

And hey, anything can happen on draft day...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Yes but they would have taken HIM if he were there at the three pick. Personally I jumped in the air when Newton was picked cause I was sure that Dareus was what we needed to start turning this team around. I still feel that way. But man, Newton came on day 1 and threw for 900 yards or so in the first game, or was it 438? Regradless I was blown away that he was able to do it. I am ecstatic with our big man Dareus though.

Yup... It is just the Bills exhibiting due diligence, nothing more. If he falls (which is not unheard of on draft day), the will be prepared. They are definitely not trading up.

This. It's the Bills contingency planning. They have a notion where Blackmon will fall, if the unexpected happens and he's there when they pick, they want to know what to do.

Sure, I got no problem trading up for a CB that ran a 4.5 40 at the combine, and had surgery on his wrist a week ago to repair a torn ligament.

Just remember, he probably won't be able to participate much in any of these:

• Friday, May 11 – Sunday, May 13 – Rookie & First-year players Mini-camp
  • Tuesday, May 29 - Organized Team Activities
  • Thursday, May 31 and Friday, June 1 - Organized Team Activities
  • Tuesday, June 5 - Organized Team Activities
  • Thursday, June 7 and Friday, June 8 - Organized Team Activities
  • Monday, June 11 and Tuesday, June 12 - Organized Team Activities
  • Thursday June 14 and Friday, June 15 - Organized Team Activities
  • Tuesday, June 19 – Thursday, June 21 - Mini-camp (Mandatory for all players)

What should Buddy offer for a chance to move up and draft the speed-challenged gimp? Our first and third round picks, and our 2nd 4th? :beer:

The point is that the Bills appear to be investigating guys that will not be around at pick #10. I think it's worth it to give up a 3rd rounder to move up and take someone at #7 who is both worthy of the pick and a position of need, instead of staying at #10 and drafting the Best Player Available who most likely won't be a position of need. Bills are hopefully out of the rebuilding stage and need to find playmakers at specific positions.

PFT has just reported that the Bills did not let Blackmon leave and have in fact drafted him.

There's a Twitter report from a lady who owns a hotel saying that Blackmon just checked out of his room with Chad Kelly.

He complained of seeing deer and got creeped out.

Now I just saw a Bleacher Report post that Denver somehow added a clause to his contract that states The Bills owe them $5 Million dollars if he does sign with us.

Just remember, he probably won't be able to participate much in any of these:

• Friday, May 11 Sunday, May 13 Rookie & First-year players Mini-camp
  • Tuesday, May 29 - Organized Team Activities
  • Thursday, May 31 and Friday, June 1 - Organized Team Activities
  • Tuesday, June 5 - Organized Team Activities
  • Thursday, June 7 and Friday, June 8 - Organized Team Activities
  • Monday, June 11 and Tuesday, June 12 - Organized Team Activities
  • Thursday June 14 and Friday, June 15 - Organized Team Activities
  • Tuesday, June 19 Thursday, June 21 - Mini-camp (Mandatory for all players)

Senator, please add these dates to this thread....

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/143745-bills-offseason-activitiesthanks-to-timba-for-providing/