Dark Horse of the 2012 Draft?

Who will be the late round pick that has the most impact in the NFL this year?... let's see some prognostications so you can brag about it later during the season...

I choose Russell Wilson (I know, it's a homer pick, I live in Madison)... I think he'll be drafted in the 5th and find his way onto a roster, then the field... then ???

Note: I understand it's difficult to choose between a headline grabbing effort/highlight reel performance, and one who solidly contributes to his team having a successful season... so good luck and...CHOOSE WISELY...

So Wilson isn't your pick... who is?

and by the way, I said "in the NFL", not just by the Bills...

Good question. Good point. Was just surprised to see yet another Wilson post. 0:)

If we're talking 5th rd or later, I guess I'll go with Marquis Maze. Another guy who is considered a late pick due to size.

I think Vontaze Burfict slides to the 5th round but has a pretty solid year.

If he slides to 5th I'd take that. Good post topic. Some others I like. Darko, OT from Florida State, Brandon Lindsey (DE/OLB) from Pitt, Bruce Irving (DE/OLB) from WVU. 2 homer picks from me since I live in Pgh and hear a ton of Pitt and WVU football.

If he slides to 5th I'd take that. Good post topic. Some others I like. Darko, OT from Florida State, Brandon Lindsey (DE/OLB) from Pitt, Bruce Irving (DE/OLB) from WVU. 2 homer picks from me since I live in Pgh and hear a ton of Pitt and WVU football.

Hey!!!! That's Datko...

post-2970-049497000 1332698529_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Who will be the late round pick that has the most impact in the NFL this year?... let's see some prognostications so you can brag about it later during the season...

I choose Russell Wilson (I know, it's a homer pick, I live in Madison)... I think he'll be drafted in the 5th and find his way onto a roster, then the field... then ???

Note: I understand it's difficult to choose between a headline grabbing effort/highlight reel performance, and one who solidly contributes to his team having a successful season... so good luck and...CHOOSE WISELY...

Cordarro Law.

Physical Ability: Law has amazing physical ability for a defensive player.

Durability: Law is one of the toughest college players I’ve seen when watching him on film.

Size: Law is 6 foot 2 261 pounds. He has the versatility to play a 4-3 or a 3-4 scheme as a pass rusher. Some people say Law is undersized. I feel like he can bulk up if necessary to adjust to a 4-3 or a 3-4 scheme at the next level.

Learning Rate: Learns to adapt on the fly right away. It does not take Law long to learn your teams playbook along with the pass rushing schemes that your defensive coordinator will assign Law.

Football IQ: Very smart instinctive football player. Can adapt to a 4-3 defensive end or a 3-4 outside linebacker scheme. His favorite player to watch on film is LaMaar Woodley. Law reminds me so much of Woodley’s Steeler teammate James Harrison coming out of Kent State its not even funny. There is a part of me that wants to send a gift basket to quarterbacks that face Law on Sunday’s. I really hope the New England Patriots add Law in the 2nd or 3rd round if our team cannot get a pass rusher in the first round.

Awareness: Cordarro Law showcases great awareness at getting to the football. Law’s ability to get to the football as a pass rusher, run stuffer, or turnover machine is one of his primary strengths.

Intangibles: Law has great intangibles. He is a team leader on and off the field. Law got voted team captain for Southern Mississippi as a senior.

Strength: Law has the strength to play on the defensive line even though he may be a slightly better fit as that 3-4 outside linebacker pass rusher.

Speed: Law has the speed to play in a 4-3 or a 3-4. Law shows the burst and technique off the edge.

Team Leader: Law got voted team captain and continues to remain consistent with Southern Mississippi.

Pass Rusher: Cordarro Law is one of the NCAA’s most consistent pass rushers. Law had 7 sacks in 2009 as a sophomore redshirt. He had 6 sacks as a junior redshirt in 2010. Law finished his career with 9.5 sacks in 2011.

Run Stuffer: Law is a very effective run stuffer. Law has the ability to inflict tackles for a loss on plays.

Pursuit: Law manages to pursuit the quarterback reall well.

Finesse Moves: Law seems to have really good finesse moves for inflicting a loss of yards when you watch the tape.

Clutch: Law plays his best games on the biggest stage against the biggest opponents. Law also performs better as the game progresses. Law’s two best games of the year came against Houston and Nevada.

Work Ethic: Law has an outstanding work ethic. He’s a top notch pass rusher that wants to become a double digit sack artists.

Can Be Used as a 4-3 Right End: Law can line up as a 4-3 right end.

Can Be Used as a 4-3 Left End: Law can line up as a 4-3 left end against right tackles.

Can Be Used as a 3-4 Right Outside Linebacker: Law can be utilized as a 3-4 outside linebacker. Law has the size to be a 3-4 pass rusher. Law has more experience playing on the right side.

Can Be Used as a 3-4 Left Outside Linebacker: LaMaar Woodley who is Law’s current favorite NFL player plays that 3-4 left outside linebacker role. It may be difficult for Law to make an early transition. I believe he will have an impact at some point down the line.

Burst Off the Edge: Law has burst off the edge to win the one on one battles with his speed and aggressive ability as a pass rusher.

Production: Law has amazing production for a pass rusher with his consistent performances over the last few years.

Potential: I really believe Law has potential to be a draft day steal that molds himself into a pro bowler as his career progresses.

http://www.rantsports.com/mock-draft/2011/12/31/cordarro-law-scouting-report/

Korey Toomer, who sat on the sidelines in 2010 and was not considered training camp worthy by NFL scouts prior to the season, performed brilliantly in front of eight teams. The 6-2 Toomer tipped the scales at 236 pounds, then ran 40 times as fast as 4.49 seconds. His three-cone clocked 6.86 seconds, and he completed 20 reps on the bench. Toomer's vertical jump was a story in itself, as the athletic defender reached over the 40-inch maximum of the measuring machine on hand. Scouts decided to credit him with a mark of 41 inches.

Thus far Toomer has 16 official pre-draft visits scheduled with teams around the league. Not too bad for a prospect considered an afterthought just eight months ago.

he´s an OLB, so id love the bills to take a chance on him

Edited by playman

Korey Toomer, who sat on the sidelines in 2010 and was not considered training camp worthy by NFL scouts prior to the season, performed brilliantly in front of eight teams. The 6-2 Toomer tipped the scales at 236 pounds, then ran 40 times as fast as 4.49 seconds. His three-cone clocked 6.86 seconds, and he completed 20 reps on the bench. Toomer's vertical jump was a story in itself, as the athletic defender reached over the 40-inch maximum of the measuring machine on hand. Scouts decided to credit him with a mark of 41 inches.

Thus far Toomer has 16 official pre-draft visits scheduled with teams around the league. Not too bad for a prospect considered an afterthought just eight months ago.

Position?

This is weird.

NFL Draft Scout has him listed at 219 pounds but they report that he weighed 188 pounds at his pro day… 9 pounds HEAVIER than at the combine.

Something odd is going on with his weight.

Everything I have seen is 219lbs