Bills Re-Sign Choice

I agree that Spiller should be on the field for 3rd downs. I think it was the blitz pickup that they were worried about. However, you've got to get Spiller some experience with that.

Johnny White did nothing to impress me last year.

If we're going to carry a 4th RB/special teamer I'd prefer a big, physical battering ram (not a guy who gets a concussion while being rag-dolled by a linebacker).

As for Tashard Choice, if he keeps Spiller on the bench again in passing sets, I might blow my brains out.

How a guy like Spiller is not a part of 3rd down packages is enough to make me question Gailey's offensive acumen… that and his comic/tragic over-reliance on the passing game last year.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riveting dialogue. Are you a screenwriter by trade?

Lol no sir. Just a guy who apparently had a little too much time on his hands today.

Nix wants to take care of him bad. And Freddy and his agent want to re-sign with the Bills bad. But there is a chance that the offer the Bills make, not negotiated by Nix, will not come close to what Jackson and his agent are asking for. The Bills have already once told him something that he did not like about his possible extension, that just because you signed a bad contract before doesn't mean we owe you any more money.

Personally, I think it will work out, especially the way the team has been throwing around money lately. But it's possible the offer will offend him.

I don't remember management telling Freddy that but if they did its pretty f'ed up.

Tashard Choice ‏ @tchoice23

It's official I'll be a Buffalo Bill this year. I wanna thank God, the organization, family,friends and fans. Hit the ground running

https://twitter.com/#!/tchoice23

that's a bit presumptious - who knows if he'll actually make the roster, all he's got at this point is a ticket for training camp and a shot at a job.......he's going to have to bust his ass to beat out white (and whoever else is brought in via draft/free agency to compete for 3rd string duty)

Nice depth and a capable fill-in; I'm sure the Bills didn't break the bank for him, if true. Another solid move by this front office. Good job, Buddy.

I dont fell the same at all. I though Choice was just putrid last year. 2.7 yars per carry. I am sure we can get a 5th round RB that would do much better

Honestly I was never impressed with choice. He was a very overrated talent coming out of college. As a 3rd string RB, I'm ok with the Bills resigning him.

And hopefully they don't "waste" one of their 9 picks on another RB.

Ive actually always been a fan of Choice's and thought he should have received more of an opportunity in Dallas. Was glad Bills picked him up last year and that the Bills resigned him.

Having 3 capable running backs on the roster is a good thing and gives this team depth without having to use a draft pick

Sorry, it was in response to Astro's post that this gave them a third RB and so they'd probably draft someone. I agree that White didn't show much either in preseason last year or during the season, but he also didn't have much of an opportunity to do so and I would like for him to have another chance before using a draft choice on another RB.

Gotcha. I'll address the hypothetical addition of a running back below.

I believe in buddy 100%. He said he would take care of Freddy and he will. Just imagine though if there's only a little wiggle room left to reconstruct his contract especially how we've been spending this offseason. The conversation would go something like this (words in parenthesis will be how we would pronounce the word)

Buddy Nix - Ha (hi). Freddy nah (now) I promised yewww (you) we would take care a ya bee four the season. With all the sighnings we've made, we just don't have that much left to give yewww.

Fred Jackson - Yea I don't know about that Buddy. You gave me your word man.

BN - Ah no ah no (I know I know). Tah (to) be honest wit cha, I ain't about thought this thang would end up like this Freddeh.

FJ - Well you know what F U buddy. F U...

He'll be taken care of though so no worries. Buddy's a man of his word.

Good Stuff!!!

They can do better than White in this draft. Lennon Creer in RD 6-7.

How about Antwon Bailey from Cuse?

Getting back to Carey Bender above, I actually believe that every year there are running backs who are undrafted who can become excellent NFL running backs but are never given the chance. A guy like Fred Jackson just wouldn't go away… he chased his dream until it happened. Arian Foster was undrafted. There are others… Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis, LaGarrette Blount, Jackie Battle, Ryan Grant… good RBs that weren't drafted. It's a very difficult position to evaluate and I believe a lot of RBs are discouraged after college and don't pursue a pro career.

This is why I don't understand drafting a guy like Johnny White in the 5th round. Sure he's a great guy and a model person but as a player, he's JAG, IMO.

Ive actually always been a fan of Choice's and thought he should have received more of an opportunity in Dallas. Was glad Bills picked him up last year and that the Bills resigned him.

Having 3 capable running backs on the roster is a good thing and gives this team depth without having to use a draft pick

I'm good with Choice being on the team. He's a good player, IMO. I liked him in Dallas and I'm not hung up on his stats from last year as some seem to be.

I just don't want to see Choice taking touches away from the top two guys and I'd like someone other than J White to be the 4th running back on the Bills.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Great move, as far as I am concerned. I see a lot (too much sometimes) of Dallas Cowboys football, and I always thought Choice didn't get a real shot with the Cowboys...injuries hurt him some, but I liked what I saw of him in Buffalo last year too...no problem with Gailey having one of his guys in there.

Everyone claims we had a bad line but we allowed one of the lowest sack totals last year

Its about how much time have to through the ball, what kind of routes they can run, and if have time to progress down the tree. Once Bell went down, we kept TE in most plays to help line, and had the RB atleast chip block, and still the amount of time to get the ball out was less than average.

Yes we have a qb that can get rid of the ball fast, and avoid sacks, but the offense suffered, as did his interception total, becuase had to shorten the paterns and get the ball out so fast that often didnt have time to let the play develope enough to avoid the interceptions. Because of the help they needed to give the tackles in blocking, the RB needed to be very good at passblocking, and Spiller is still developing there.

With a full training camp and another year in offence, he may be able to pick up those responsibilities this year, but he wasnt last year.

Yes they need to resign Fred not Choice.

Agree Freddo is a top priority but there is a whole year left on his contract, not like the Bills haven't made some overtures. I think both sides are waiting to see how FA and draft go before getting down to brass tacks. I'd be surprised if we don't have a new deal in place before training camp. Resigning Choice may be part of the maneuvers. Based on what he's done sop far this year I trust Buddy to get it done.