Say Weeden is there in Round 2

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you draft Weeden in R2?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if a great need is filled in the first round

I have to think this would at least be entertained by the Bills if Weeden falls to #41. Yes, he's old. But if he weren't... it seems like he could be looked at as a top prospect available for pennies on the dollar.

I like some other undervalued guys like Kellen Moore - round 4 or later - for Chan's system, but I wouldn't mind it if they went in this direction. Is it great to draft a guy who will be 28 and whom you have no illusions of starting in 2012? Maybe not. But, he provides an upgrade over Thigpen at the most important position on the field, and maybe even an insurance policy if Fitz bombs (which few of us are hoping for, of course). It's possible that the Bills could feel the same way, and there are ways to spin not upgrading in the first two rounds at WR, OT (less so, IMO), TE, or CB.

Given who will be on the board when the Bills make selections in the first two rounds, this might be the most interesting draft the Bills have had in awhile (and hopefully not for reasons like trading up for a bum!).

1332466481[/url]' post='2419477']

I have to think this would at least be entertained by the Bills if Weeden falls to #41. Yes, he's old. But if he weren't... it seems like he could be looked at as a top prospect available for pennies on the dollar.

I like some other undervalued guys like Kellen Moore - round 4 or later - for Chan's system, but I wouldn't mind it if they went in this direction. Is it great to draft a guy who will be 28 and whom you have no illusions of starting in 2012? Maybe not. But, he provides an upgrade over Thigpen at the most important position on the field, and maybe even an insurance policy if Fitz bombs (which few of us are hoping for, of course). It's possible that the Bills could feel the same way, and there are ways to spin not upgrading in the first two rounds at WR, OT (less so, IMO), TE, or CB.

Given who will be on the board when the Bills make selections in the first two rounds, this might be the most interesting draft the Bills have had in awhile (and hopefully not for reasons like trading up for a bum!).

Did you see kellen Moore at the combine? Looking at him was the highlight of the weekend

1332466662[/url]' post='2419480']

The Dolphins will take him in round 2.

After they take Tannehill in rd 1?

No to Weeden. I could get behind it if he were 22, but he isnt.

Big NO to Moore. The kid will not be a pro. Sure he looked good throwing in the dome, with no defense, at his leisure. But he's Fitz with a weaker arm.

JMO

I fully understand no on Weeden due to age and more importantly, injury history. But aren't you a bit dismissive of K. Moore for a guy who likes Tebow (another "will never be a pro" type)? Just wonderin'.

I fully understand no on Weeden due to age and more importantly, injury history. But aren't you a bit dismissive of K. Moore for a guy who likes Tebow (another "will never be a pro" type)? Just wonderin'.

I support Tebow because I watched him all through college, and there is just no way you can do so and not pull for the kid. I never say that he will be a great QB, or that he has all the skills to play the traditional QB position. My support has little to do with his actual skill set. It's admittedly a bit irrational. But I should also note that I will not be cheering for him now that he's a Jet.

Major differences between Tebow and Moore.

Moore has the brain, and the motion, and some accuracy, but I dont think he has the size or strength needed to succeed in the league. Tebow can/has been able to fall back on his running. If Moore wants to "fall back" on something, it will be checking down with amazing accuracy.

Also, I saw Tebow compete with and beat the best teams in the land. Moore looked good against the Mountain West, and I'll give him some bowl games against real competition. But I've also seen him make throws against teams like Fresno that went for TDs, which would've been pick-6's in any real conference.

I respect that Moore can read a defense, and make short-to-intermediate throws accurately. But I see him as a softer McCoy.

Again, JMO after watching a lot of both QBs play in college.

Edited by DrDareustein

I support Tebow because I watched him all through college, and there is just no way you can do so and not pull for the kid. I never say that he will be a great QB, or that he has all the skills to play the traditional QB position. My support has little to do with his actual skill set. It's admittedly a bit irrational. But I should also note that I will not be cheering for him now that he's a Jet.

Major differences between Tebow and Moore.

Moore has the brain, and the motion, and some accuracy, but I dont think he has the size or strength needed to succeed in the league. Tebow can/has been able to fall back on his running. If Moore wants to "fall back" on something, it will be checking down with amazing accuracy.

Also, I saw Tebow compete with and beat the best teams in the land. Moore looked good against the Mountain West, and I'll give him some bowl games against real competition. But I've also seen him make throws against teams like Fresno that went for TDs, which would've been pick-6's in any real conference.

I respect that Moore can read a defense, and make short-to-intermediate throws accurately. But I see him as a softer McCoy.

Again, JMO after watching a lot of both QBs play in college.

Well answered. To that, I'll reply:

I haven't seen much to indicate that Moore is soft. And his bowl games were pretty impressive to me. You and I both know that there are players who have been dogged for size or arm strength who have gone on to have great careers in the NFL. I'll agree that Moore is really small compared to your average QB and this is a different era than the one that allowed Flutie, for example, to succeed. But I wouldn't mind a McCoy that wasn't damaged goods (read: suffered with the Browns) and I would take my chances with the guy who is smart, accurate and knows the game over the physical specimen who has neither of those intangibles. I wouldn't take Moore till R4 for exactly the reasons you cite, but a smart backup who at least has the upside of Fitz at present wouldn't preclude the Bills from drafting a more highly touted prospect someday, and who knows what he could actually bring...

Well answered. To that, I'll reply:

I haven't seen much to indicate that Moore is soft. And his bowl games were pretty impressive to me. You and I both know that there are players who have been dogged for size or arm strength who have gone on to have great careers in the NFL. I'll agree that Moore is really small compared to your average QB and this is a different era than the one that allowed Flutie, for example, to succeed. But I wouldn't mind a McCoy that wasn't damaged goods (read: suffered with the Browns) and I would take my chances with the guy who is smart, accurate and knows the game over the physical specimen who has neither of those intangibles. I wouldn't take Moore till R4 for exactly the reasons you cite, but a smart backup who at least has the upside of Fitz at present wouldn't preclude the Bills from drafting a more highly touted prospect someday, and who knows what he could actually bring...

Fair enough. Moore in the 5th or later as a backup, I could deal with. But I'd personally rather see them use that pick on another WR/OL/TE/CB/whatever. I do hate our backup QB situation though, and like your point about him not stopping the Bills from upgrading the starter down the road. Agree to (baaarely) disagree :thumbsup:

based on?

Plus, what this poll presupposes is, maybe they didn't.

I think the Dolphins will feel (as I do) that Weeden is the best QB after Luck and RGIII - and that he is mature enough to start right away, having pitched in the Yankees farm system for 3 years before walking on at OSU.

Personally, I like Weeden a lot - but don't see what he adds to the Bills equation. He's as old as Fitz, but doesn't have the 6 years of NFL experience, the instinctive knowledge of the our TEs' and WRs' route-running habits, nor the rapport with and respect from our receivers, o-line, coaching staff, and entire team that Fitz has built over 3 seasons here.

I think the Bills are going to select Arizona's Nick Foles on day 3 of the draft - probably in round 6 - as a QB to develop behind Fitz for 3-4 years. JMO.

Edited by The Senator