remember Da'quan Bowers???

Nothing negative about him...but last year I remember when he fell in the draft so many Bills fans was getting excited with the possbility of having him and Dareus playing together but the Bills to Arron Williams.

And some of us were upset.....even in draft cj spiller two years ago...we was like what the hell...now we can't wait to see him next year....

My point is Buddy Nix has a plan and it has been coming together ... every team has a 3 year plan.... Decisive decision making and some luck is how the good teams are built

Edited by EldaBillsFan

At the time, I thought I had heard something about his injury rehab being an 18 month thing, and that he wouldn't get back to full health in his rookie season but that he could be at or near 100% for his sophomore season. At least, as close to 100% as a guy with little or no cartilage left in his knee can get.

Too early to tell. But knowing what we know about Bowers knee injury it was easy to pass on him if you were Buffalo with a high second rounder. But if Bowers recovers (He did start the last 6 games for Tampa Bay and recorded 1.5 sacks) and is a stud Tampa Bay's chance looks like gold and a lot of teams look stupid for passing on him in round 2.

But if A.Williams is a solid corner and Bowers sucks Nix looks like gold.

Too early to tell. But knowing what we know about Bowers knee injury it was easy to pass on him if you were Buffalo with a high second rounder. But if Bowers recovers (He did start the last 6 games for Tampa Bay and recorded 1.5 sacks) and is a stud Tampa Bay's chance looks like gold and a lot of teams look stupid for passing on him in round 2.

The Bills were committed to the 3-4 last year and Bowers isn't a 3-4 DE.

Nothing negative about him...but last year I remember when he feel in the draft so many Bills fans was getting excited with the possbility of having him and Dareus playing together but the Bills to Arron Williams.

And some of us were upset.....even in draft cj spiller two years ago...we was like what the hell...now we can't wait to see him next year....

My point is Buddy Nix has a plan and it has been coming together ... every team has a 3 year plan.... Decisive decision making and some luck is how the good teams are built

I remember wanting Brooks Reed. Who looked awesome.

hes the one that came in with the bad knee right? even tho he went later in the second that was still a risky pick. i recall the report being that he had very little cartilage left in that knee and that he might never fully recover. i wonder if there is any more recent details on the condition of that knee

He got those 1.5 sacks in one game against Carolina.

In all but a few rare instances pass rusher talent in college is nearly impossible to project at the pro level. Thats why I favor acquiring in FA like they've been doing recently.

The problem with the proven FAs you pay through the nose for them. But, when buddy and the gang found Rinehart, Urbik, Pears, and Chandler FAs looked like the best deal in town...

In all but a few rare instances pass rusher talent in college is nearly impossible to project at the pro level. Thats why I favor acquiring in FA like they've been doing recently.

I do agree with you but I'd add; any talent in college is nearly impossible to project at the pro level.

Thats what drives some sport fans insane. Trying to project the abilty to transition. It might be worth noting the team that drafts you plays the biggest part imo in a college players abilty to develop and succeed in the pros. i think we have all seen teams that floundered(?) a player by not getting him ready or in a position to contribute to the team soon enough. Whats his name is a small example. That End we had last year that couldnt get on the field for us then went to the Jests and got some stats. small example and almost meaningless but there have been many that stood out. QB's have it hard these days.

But i had forgotten about Mr. Bowers, thanks for reminding me and interesting point. i might have to keep an eye on him next year.

Tough break for the kid

The problem with the proven FAs you pay through the nose for them. But, when buddy and the gang found Rinehart, Urbik, Pears, and Chandler FAs looked like the best deal in town...

You're right, that's why you have to determine which position it makes sense to draft, which to satisfy in FA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said Bowers was a risk in round two. Yes he was a risk, but if he didn't have that injury, you would never have a chance to get near him in round 2.

Without the injury he was projected to possibly be the FIRST pick in the draft! When you drop from a top three pick to the 2nd round that is a LONG way. So sure it's a risk. But if he can get back to 100%, you have the STEAL of the century. I live in SC and watched Bowers when he played at Clemson. Before the injury he was an animal. Double teams couldn't even contain him. I guess it all depends on how much of a gambler you are and how lucky you feel.