Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

My understanding was that it was not a double safety gun, or something like that. Some guns have a latch, lever, button, or other you push to release the safety before you rooster the gun rack. Those guns generally do not require much force on their trigger. Zimmermans gun, to my understanding, was loaded when the rack was cocked and required 4.5 to 7 lbs. of force to pull the trigger. This is why it is ideal for self defense. You do not have to rooster the hammer back like on a revolver or a shot gun.

That is where people are confused, and the woman I spoke to was confused. I am not sure I understood it right, as I know little about guns. But, the argument is that because his gun was loaded with an extra bullet, one in the chamber as is standard and even my GF's concealed is this way, and ready to fire it shows more of an intent to inflict bodily harm.

See the link: GZ had one in the chamber as law enforcement is taught. Without one in the chamber it takes two hands to put the first one there.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/03/foghorn/the-truth-about-george-zimmermans-kel-tec-pf-9/

"The Kel Tec PF9 is a self-defense handgun, pure and simple. There are no bells and whistles. For example, there’s no external safety (a switch that must be flicked for the gun to fire), no flared magazine well (a wider opening to make it easier to put bullets/cartridges into the gun under pressure).

The PF-9 is classified as a sub-compact handgun. In other words, it’s an extremely small firearm that’s relatively easy to conceal. As Kel Tec’s website proclaims, the PF-9 is one of the lightest (18.2 oz. fully loaded) and flattest (0.88″ wide) 9mm pistols made.

The PF-9 is what’s called a “double action only” handgun. When you pull the trigger, the movement cocks (pulls backwards) and releases (allows forwards) the hammer (the bit that strikes the cartridge, ignites the charge and sends the bullet out of the muzzle). In that sense, the PF-9 shoots like a revolver (that hasn’t been pre-cocked)."

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

!@#$ you, shitburger. Not three days ago you were arguing that Zimmerman was criminally negligent, which is entirely disagreeing with what I posted.

"@#$ you, shitburger," is - quite possibly - the funniest sentence I've ever read on this board.

- Gugny

Bona fied White Hispanic

The NFL is jealous of how many commercial breaks HLN takes.

That screaming Latina with the three word name who has the show at 7PM - with 4-5 screaming people in boxes. If I were in hell and given the choice to burn in eternity or watch that on an endless loop, I'd take the fire.

Who is the rhinestone cowgirl?

It's amazing that her show has any success. Even she seems stressed out by her screaming.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if you'd have some Ryan L Billz type in the jury who already made up their mind before even hearing the evidence.

It's an easy decision to make...GZ's checkered past kinda paints a picture. Hit him with 3 years for being a shmo, the real life Paul Blart. Call the police don't be a hero.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if you'd have some Ryan L Billz type in the jury who already made up their mind before even hearing the evidence.

Involuntary manslaughter would have been so much easier, since all they really would have had to prove was that Zimmerman created the situation, which a reasonable person would not have created, that ultimately led to Martin's death. Which I think is something that most people on this board would at least not dismiss out of hand.

Trying to prove a "depraved mind" in this case is utterly ridiculous. As demonstrated by the prosecution's circular reasoning that the crime itself proves a depraved mind, therefore proving the crime.

Yea call me crazy but "George Zimmerman, kind of an idiot" seemed like a better angle than "George Zimmerman criminal mastermind, and damn lucky no one saw"

Edited by NoSaint

It's an easy decision to make...GZ's checkered past kinda paints a picture. Hit him with 3 years for being a shmo, the real life Paul Blart. Call the police don't be a hero.

Yes Lord knows I hope a jury will be as fair to you the day you get your ass in trouble for being an asshat.

Lord knows one would simply need to pull your idiotic posts from PPP to paint a picture. I'd say you deserve life in prison.

And FYI, HE DID CALL THE POLICE YOU !@#$ING ASSHAT.

Edited by meazza

He wins the prize for the being the 1 Millionth nitwit to say "Call the police" when that is exactly what he did.

Most murderers call the cops before committing the murder and then wait for them to show up after they've hunted the prey down and killed them.

We've had this same kind of childish reply at least once every few pages.................................... No surprise that RLB did it too.

It goes "we have to convict him of something because we don't like who and what he is".

So simplistic phrases like "checkered past" and "schmoe" are thrown in with absolutely nothing to show how that pertains to real life.

He should only be found guilty if he committed a crime bozo, not because you don't care for him.

:lol: If it helps you sleep better at night buddy...

Sorry man but if I was as brain dead as you ...

:wallbash:

Some people just can't move past the Skittles.

Neither can this guy apparently:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/zimmerman-defense-and-media-need-to-stop-making-trayvon-martin-a-hypothetical-murderer/

For the shooting to be anything other than murder, Zimmerman’s legal team needs to demonstrate that he feared for his life enough to shoot Martin in self-defense. But given the fact that 17-year-old Martin was armed with only a can of iced tea and a bag of Skittles, the idea that Zimmerman had no choice but to pull out his gun and shoot should, in theory, be a bit of a stretch. With Martin dead, the trial is essentially Zimmerman’s word against no one, with only scant evidence that the fight that ensued between the two men could have been life-threatening to either party without the presence of a gun.

We've had this same kind of childish reply at least once every few pages.................................... No surprise that RLB did it too.

It goes "we have to convict him of something because we don't like who and what he is".

So simplistic phrases like "checkered past" and "schmoe" are thrown in with absolutely nothing to show how that pertains to real life.

He should only be found guilty if he committed a crime bozo, not because you don't care for him.

Is this the same guy who got fired for being the top sales guy at three jobs but for being 5 minutes late?

Or am I mixing him up with another asshat.

How can anybody make out those screams on the 911 tape? There was the people talking, and some inaudible stuff in the background.

And, how could it possibly be Trayvon. Did he have any wounds to his body except for the final gunshot wound?

How can anybody make out those screams on the 911 tape? There was the people talking, and some inaudible stuff in the background.

And, how could it possibly be Trayvon. Did he have any wounds to his body except for the final gunshot wound?

The original narrative (if you look at page 1-50) was that he was stalked and gunned down like a rabid dog. Now that evidence finally showed that it was not a gun shot from a distance but close range, the narrative switched to "he initiated the confrontation".

The original narrative (if you look at page 1-50) was that he was stalked and gunned down like a rabid dog. Now that evidence finally showed that it was not a gun shot from a distance but close range, the narrative switched to "he initiated the confrontation".

Ignore that his fist and George's head have all the injuries, George was totally in control as indicated by those injuries not being worse.

Ignore that his fist and George's head have all the injuries, George was totally in control as indicated by those injuries not being worse.

George was criminally negligible

/dog

Edited by meazza

Martin was shot dead, how do we know he wasn't fighting Zimmerman over the gun Zimmerman pullled and yelling for help?

We don't. But its certainly not more likely based on evidence and generally convictions take more than "how do we know it didnt happen?!?"

Boy, you know the trial is boring when the entire thread devolves into one idiot repeatedly posting laughably stupid things just for attention.

Regarding the trial, when are the riots scheduled to start?

Edited by KD in CT