Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

In all the reports whether it be fox, CNN or similar, I still haven't heard anything about what distance/angle the gun shot was. I can't understand how that hasn't been discussed (unless I missed it)

That's not important.

Skittles, though...!@#$ing vital.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you are wrong. Can't be a Mars bar. I haven't seen one of those for sale in years :w00t: Now I can see that a box of Good n Plenty could be mistaken for a gun :doh:

What the ? How many lurkers are going to come out in this thread?

Oh, there's no way he's getting a fair trial, not with all the knuckleheads that with absolutely no basis declared it an obvious racial killing by a cold-blooded killer.

I don't believe I declared him a cold blooded killer, I said he looks like one based on the evidence we had at that time. As more came out, it turns out he didn't kill him in cold blood because he was black, but rather because he is a complete idiot and seems like he isn't wound to tight.

Now a special prosecutor has looked at the evidence and seems to think there is enough for a conviction. However, he is an American and deserves a fair trial. That's what I'm getting at.

I don't believe I declared him a cold blooded killer, I said he looks like one based on the evidence we had at that time. As more came out, it turns out he didn't kill him in cold blood because he was black, but rather because he is a complete idiot and seems like he isn't wound to tight.

Now a special prosecutor has looked at the evidence and seems to think there is enough for a conviction. However, he is an American and deserves a fair trial. That's what I'm getting at.

the thing that surprises me is the murder charge. Which leads me to believe there is a lot that isn't public knowledge. Hope it stays that way at least until after the trial.

the thing that surprises me is the murder charge. Which leads me to believe there is a lot that isn't public knowledge. Hope it stays that way at least until after the trial.

Or special prosecutor is under pressure to get a murder conviction. If they are most concerned to throw him in the clink they would probably be able to better prove manslaughter

The only way murder 2 (non-premeditated assault with distinct possibility of death) makes sense is if there is evidence Zimmerman was the aggressor and assaulted Martin first. Under "stand your ground laws," if Martin was the aggressor, Zimmerman had no obligation to retreat and instead to defend his life.

The only way murder 2 (non-premeditated assault with distinct possibility of death) makes sense is if there is evidence Zimmerman was the aggressor and assaulted Martin first. Under "stand your ground laws," if Martin was the aggressor, Zimmerman had no obligation to retreat and instead to defend his life.

Then Zimmerman shouldn't be charged at all. I've got a sneaky suspicion that the Grand Jury route wasn't taken because that process is confidential. They want a public trial to get all the facts out in the open. The prosecutor has to at least have some semblance of a case against Zimmerman or she would be wrong in bringing him to trial. On the other hand there had to be a lot of pressure on her to charge him. Face it, if he is innocent, going to trial and being acquitted may be the best thing for Zimmerman. It's his only (slim) chance of avoiding facial altering surgery and a name change. Thanks Al and Jesse.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/143585-trayvon-martin-case/page__view__findpost__p__2416882

You're an idiot.

That's what you're getting at NOW. I'm sure you'll deny in a week you ever said that.

Then Zimmerman shouldn't be charged at all. I've got a sneaky suspicion that the Grand Jury route wasn't taken because that process is confidential. They want a public trial to get all the facts out in the open. The prosecutor has to at least have some semblance of a case against Zimmerman or she would be wrong in bringing him to trial. On the other hand there had to be a lot of pressure on her to charge him. Face it, if he is innocent, going to trial and being acquitted may be the best thing for Zimmerman. It's his only (slim) chance of avoiding facial altering surgery and a name change. Thanks Al and Jesse.

I considered the appeasement angle, but if he's acquitted, that sets things up for a Rodney King type riot. And basically anything other than him being charged and doing time isn't going to cut it. So the only conclusion I can't come to is they have damning evidence against him. Although that still might be enough to get a conviction, which could lead to riots.

Edited by Doc

I considered the appeasement angle, but if he's acquitted, that sets things up for a Rodney King type riot. And basically anything other than him being charged and doing time isn't going to cut it. So the only conclusion I can't come to is they have damning evidence against him. Although that still might be enough to get a conviction, which could lead to riots.

I would think if they had damning evidence against him he would have been charged before or at least they would have went the Grand Jury route. I'm thinking the prosecutor is taking one for the team and charging him while the evidence is only so/so. If it's obvious at trial that this was self defense maybe the riots can be avoided. Or maybe I'm just being naive.

This may or may not be true, I don't know b/c, unlike you, I wasn't there & haven't met the guy. But wouldn't it be poetic justice for someone such as yourself to come home to find your wife and child the victims of a predator and later find out someone saw the perp lurking around but remembered this case & decided to mind his own business?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/143585-trayvon-martin-case/page__view__findpost__p__2416882

You're an idiot.

That's what you're getting at NOW. I'm sure you'll deny in a week you ever said that.

I love how you guys only look at two words in the post and act like it's some form of declaration. If you can't string all the words in the post together and read what it says such as "Holder getting involved because it looks like a cold blooded killer" you're an idiot.

This may or may not be true, I don't know b/c, unlike you, I wasn't there & haven't met the guy. But wouldn't it be poetic justice for someone such as yourself to come home to find your wife and child the victims of a predator and later find out someone saw the perp lurking around but remembered this case & decided to mind his own business?

I think he's an idiot more based on what he's been doing the past few days. He stopped communicating with his lawyers, then started his own website with some pretty weird stuff on it.

As far as for my wife and child, I would hope that person calls the police, but they don't need to get out of their car and follow that person especially if they have a gun. The chances are greater that something like this would happen where an innocent person ends up dead.

I love how you guys only look at two words in the post and act like it's some form of declaration. If you can't string all the words in the post together and read what it says such as "Holder getting involved because it looks like a cold blooded killer" you're an idiot.

I think he's an idiot more based on what he's been doing the past few days. He stopped communicating with his lawyers, then started his own website with some pretty weird stuff on it.

As far as for my wife and child, I would hope that person calls the police, but they don't need to get out of their car and follow that person especially if they have a gun. The chances are greater that something like this would happen where an innocent person ends up dead.

What makes you declare Martin innocent?

To your first point, depending on the area telling the cops that someone looking suspicious was here but wandered off & I have no idea where he is doesn't necessarily help. To your second point, do you have any data to support this or is that just how it seems to you? 'Cause quite frankly your credibility is a little low in that area.