Alex Smith to Miami??

BRAWNDO

ESPN is reporting that Alex Smith has arrived in South Florida. After being rejected by Manning, they bring Smith in. Do they realize his success was based on Jim Harbaugh's coaching? This bodes well the Bills future in the AFC East :thumbsup:

My link

Edited by BRAWNDO

I think some of us fans need to keep our egos in check. Alex Smith IS a better QB than Matt Moore, who coincidentally, was part of the Miami squad that dominated the Bills last season.

I guess San Fran is getting excited about Manning. I am so glad that the Bills signed Mario. I really believe that it will be like the year that Brees and Culpepper. I know it is a win now league, but the team that wins the bidding war for Manning is going to get the winners curse. Even Polian on the NFL network stated, that the problem is that it takes so much money to pay Manning that the team cannot pay other talented players. Polian also said that it was worth it because Manning makes the rest of the team better, but I'm not sure how long that will last.

I guess San Fran is getting excited about Manning. I am so glad that the Bills signed Mario. I really believe that it will be like the year that Brees and Culpepper. I know it is a win now league, but the team that wins the bidding war for Manning is going to get the winners curse. Even Polian on the NFL network stated, that the problem is that it takes so much money to pay Manning that the team cannot pay other talented players. Polian also said that it was worth it because Manning makes the rest of the team better, but I'm not sure how long that will last.

So far the numbers that were leaked out regarding Manning's possible compensation was startlingly low… 5 years and $90 million which is about half of what the top QBs are starting to get now.

If these rumors are true, Manning's contract won't be the yoke stone that it was during his later years in Indy.

So far the numbers that were leaked out regarding Manning's possible compensation was startlingly low… 5 years and $90 million which is about half of what the top QBs are starting to get now.

If these rumors are true, Manning's contract won't be the yoke stone that it was during his later years in Indy.

Gotta be packed with incentives though right? Sounds to me like Teams are being cautious about throwing guaranteed money at that neck...But if he performs I'm sure any deal will get Manning up there to Bradyland dollars-wise... B-)

$90 million over 5 years is $18 million/yr.

He's might be better than Fitz. Not sure why Miami would be a joke and we wouldn't be. Matt Moore beat Fitz twice.

And Grossman beat Eli and eventual superbowl champion Giant twice last season, you point is? Grossman > Eli?

$90 million over 5 years is $18 million/yr.

Thanks, Rob.

I shouldn't post when I haven't finished my cup of coffee.

Nevertheless, Manning received $26 million last year without playing a down and was schedule to make $28 million this year before the Colts released him.

So in that context and with what Drew Brees is trying to get, Manning's price tag doesn't seem to be one that will be too burdensome to his new team.

I'm more interested in how this would effect the QB jockeying in the draft. If the Phins are going to sign a FA in Smith, that leaves Seattle open to take Flynn. Now, that pretty much drops the big competition for Tannehill, which destroys leverage for the Bills to trade down to help someone get him.

That said, if Nix wants him, Tannehill would likely be a lot more open for the taking.

Thanks, Rob.

I shouldn't post when I haven't finished my cup of coffee.

Nevertheless, Manning received $26 million last year without playing a down and was schedule to make $28 million this year before the Colts released him.

So in that context and with what Drew Brees is trying to get, Manning's price tag doesn't seem to be one that will be too burdensome to his new team.

I know the feeling. If I ever come off as a raging pissed off !@#$ on here it probably means I'm not three cups deep yet.