KAMERION WIMBLEY

PDaDdy

This has been discussed over and over and over and over. What are you confused about when asking do you guys think he'll come?

I do not live on this website. I am 7000 miles away on another continent. Cut me a little slack, please. I don't get news here as fast as you guys do back home.

releasing kelsay would be about the dumbest move this team has made since signing lankston walker to a big contract

kelsay is your starting end and will have a career season facing constant single coverage. youre going to get above average production for below average cost (3.75m). you cant have superstars everywhere and kelsay will be the perfect compliment to three stud linemen and a star part time pass rusher (merriman)

people who rag on kelsay now might as well just tatoo im with stupid on their forehead

1332060978[/url]' post='2413149']

releasing kelsay would be about the dumbest move this team has made since signing lankston walker to a big contract

kelsay is your starting end and will have a career season facing constant single coverage. youre going to get above average production for below average cost (3.75m). you cant have superstars everywhere and kelsay will be the perfect compliment to three stud linemen and a star part time pass rusher (merriman)

people who rag on kelsay now might as well just tatoo im with stupid on their forehead

Jeez, Meathead, it's Sunday. Calm down. Kelsay is probably always gonna have his haters because he was signed to a very nice deal at a time when we had virtually no NFL talent and fans were pizzed off with terrible on field play. He is solid, rarely out of position and I agree he stands to benefit most from the improved front 4. His detractors may bemoan that he'll be the starter this year, but even the 'less informed' should quiet down when they realize he'll be beating out some serious competition simply to retain his rightful position.

Anyway, as the the OPs topic, I'm for adding speed at OLB wherever we can. Patriots* have re-invented the passing game with their tight ends and defenses now have to counter this. Especially in the AFCE. Stopping Tommy Boy is the key to winning the Division.

I have never seen teams double up on Kelsay.

barnett is going to see tons of snaps. shep is going to see tons of snaps. how many snaps does that leave for a 3rd LB? about 1/3 by my count. we'll be in nickel and dime plenty. i don't see the point in spending a ton of money on a 3rd LB when you can't offer him every down time. draft pick to push morrison makes sense, but a big ticket free agent makes none.

You must be a real idiot! We need another OLB and we run a 4-3 (meaning 4 DL and 3 LB's)**I feel like I have to explain this to you...

Also, when we play Nickel (meaning 5 DB's) we take out a DL, not a LB. This means that all 3 of our LB's will get plenty of PT.

Not sure about the money issue but I have a feeling we can sign him without spending too much money. I'm thinking like 4 years $20 million.

1332060978[/url]' post='2413149']

Dumber than drafting Aaron Maybin over orakpo/Matthews?? I get what you're saying. I agree. Keep kelsey

You must be a real idiot! We need another OLB and we run a 4-3 (meaning 4 DL and 3 LB's)**I feel like I have to explain this to you...

Also, when we play Nickel (meaning 5 DB's) we take out a DL, not a LB. This means that all 3 of our LB's will get plenty of PT.

Not sure about the money issue but I have a feeling we can sign him without spending too much money. I'm thinking like 4 years $20 million.

I like the part where your first post directly insults another poster.

You'll fit right in.... :thumbdown:

Dumber than drafting Aaron Maybin over orakpo/Matthews?? I get what you're saying. I agree. Keep kelsey

Holy crap, I hadn't even thought of that. Oh what could have been, can you imagine Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcel Darius & Brain Orakpo. As a starting front 4. That would be nuts.

Jeez, Meathead, it's Sunday. Calm down. Kelsay is probably always gonna have his haters because he was signed to a very nice deal at a time when we had virtually no NFL talent and fans were pizzed off with terrible on field play. He is solid, rarely out of position and I agree he stands to benefit most from the improved front 4. His detractors may bemoan that he'll be the starter this year, but even the 'less informed' should quiet down when they realize he'll be beating out some serious competition simply to retain his rightful position.

Anyway, as the the OPs topic, I'm for adding speed at OLB wherever we can. Patriots* have re-invented the passing game with their tight ends and defenses now have to counter this. Especially in the AFCE. Stopping Tommy Boy is the key to winning the Division.

Now ya got it. I haven't followed Kamerion's career but in addition to rushing the passer he can apparently drop back and cover well. Sounds like a guy that would make our base 4-3 more effective against both the pass(rushing/covering) and the run(OLB). We might not need to play nickel as much.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl The Tennessee Titans and Kamerion Wimbley have agreed to terms on a 5-year, $35 million deal with DE/OLB Kamerion Wimbley.

I hope this is BS. $7 million a year? We were all figuring $11+ million a year. This guy got stolen by the Titans.

Now ya got it. I haven't followed Kamerion's career but in addition to rushing the passer he can apparently drop back and cover well. Sounds like a guy that would make our base 4-3 more effective against both the pass(rushing/covering) and the run(OLB). We might not need to play nickel as much.

I hope this is BS. $7 million a year? We were all figuring $11+ million a year. This guy got stolen by the Titans.

Titans missed out on Mario Williams because they were preoccupied with the Manning sweepstakes :D:D.....They signed Wimbley as their fallback guy. They're also looking at Mark Anderson, who played DE for that Pats last year.