alshon jeffery, open even when he's not

youtube.com/watch?v=He63Wocae1g

cant think of another wr in the draft that fits that description better

Agreed. If the ball is in the air, and near Jeffrey, he's coming down with it. Great hands, great hops, and lives to battle for the ball.

If I can advocate Floyd in the 1st, I can be happy with Jeffery at 10 as well. Especially if we go DE/OLB in the 2nd, like Curry.

Edited by DrDareustein

Id like to see a wr added in the draft - the remaining free agents just don't seem like real upgrades to me or don't fit the mold of what the bills need (ie a decent sized burner like meachem). Manningham certainly isn't that guy.

Who are the big/fast wideouts draftniks?

dont think he makes it that far, too much talent.

i would trade down from 10 and grab him and pick up another 2nd and 3rd or so.

Doubt we find a partner to trade up to 10. Im thinking we would have to either pick him at 10, or trade back into the 1st, to get him. Anyone know how far up our 2nd and 1 of our 4ths can move us?

i've been interested in jeffrey, but i don't really know much about him. i like the size/athleticism/hands combo. but how is this kid wired? to be a pick at 10 (we can't just assume a trade down) you really have to know that the player has the drive to go along with the talent, and i think that's true of any prospect, not just jeffrey.

Doubt we find a partner to trade up to 10. Im thinking we would have to either pick him at 10, or trade back into the 1st, to get him. Anyone know how far up our 2nd and 1 of our 4ths can move us?

Not enough to get back into the 1. See if he falls?

personally, the kid put on a bunch of weight and played extremely unmotivated at SC once Garcia went away. Now he dropped the weight and got into shape for the combine. So can spin it 'he wants to get paid', or 'he realized he has to take his career seriously'. Buddy and Chan have talked to Spurrier i am sure, about him and Ingram

Not sure he has the mental toughness? any SC guys would like to hear your take on the kid is?

I've been calling for this pick for months. Alshon is EXACTLY the type of WR we need. The weight issues have been severely blown out of proportion IMO. He's had zero run ins with the law. His game tape speaks for itself. Personally, I think his pro day will solidify his 1st rd status, but I kinda hope he blows it so we have a chance to snag him in rd 2. As a USC Alum I'd love an All Gamecock draft of Ingram, Jeffrey, Gilmore.

Disappointed that we didn't add that open even when he's covered WR in FA.

It's a deep WR draft class. Why overpay for someone? Manningham is about the only FA worth a look at this point since Meachem and Jackson are off the market. I like the way Jeffery fights for yards after the catch. Shades of Andre from the old days.

Edited by MaineMoxie

I've been calling for this pick for months. Alshon is EXACTLY the type of WR we need. The weight issues have been severely blown out of proportion IMO. He's had zero run ins with the law. His game tape speaks for itself. Personally, I think his pro day will solidify his 1st rd status, but I kinda hope he blows it so we have a chance to snag him in rd 2. As a USC Alum I'd love an All Gamecock draft of Ingram, Jeffrey, Gilmore.

I would LOVE that draft as well.

would be a great draft.

I really like alshon, could be a first year probowler.

youtube.com/watch?v=He63Wocae1g

cant think of another wr in the draft that fits that description better

Totally agree and I've been saying so for Months now...Jeffery's got to stay serious about his conditioning, which I think will be no problem with this Bills locker room keeping him in check...He has serious talent...The type of stuff some guys are just born with...Going all the way back to his HS Highlights he's been a difference maker...

That being said there are concerns about Jeffery's work-ethic, quickness, and ability to get off the press...He was hurt badly by the QB change at SC...But he showed what he can do at the Bowl Game when properly motivated...He's going to have to have an amazing Private Workout to work his way back into the 1st Round...But that is possible still...

But no question Jeffery is the exact WR I though of when Buddy made that comment...I think he would be a steal in the 2nd Round... B-)