alshon jeffery, open even when he's not

Alshon is a guy that is very good at finding the soft spots in the zone, he wont amaze you with a straight line 40, but he can beat a jam, find holes in the zone, and will win almost any jump ball situation.

Imo, hes the typa of wr we need because we don't take alot of downfield shots, more crosses etc.

Agreed. If the ball is in the air, and near Jeffrey, he's coming down with it. Great hands, great hops, and lives to battle for the ball.

If I can advocate Floyd in the 1st, I can be happy with Jeffery at 10 as well. Especially if we go DE/OLB in the 2nd, like Curry.

Yeah My draft board looks like this for #10

(Obviously assuming Kalil, and Claiborne are gone)

Floyd

Martin

Adams

Reiff

Second round would like

Branch

Curry - Jeffrey it would be a crazy unlikely all 3 of those players are there at #42 if any.

Fans will loose it if we go OT, WR even though we got Mario. But I think you can get some nice OLB and DEs in 3rd through 4th.

once he has his pro day he will shoot back up draft boards. he didnt run at the combine and people thought hed be 250lbs. he was 216 so there is a lot of question marks.

he is a bad dude big guy who played with terrible QB play. and when lattimore got hurt teams just shifted the d towards him. people need to stop paying attention to the talking heads as much saying hes not this hes not that. go watch the games he is nasty same goes for coples just watch the games and look at what the teams are doing to counter each player its obvious. alshon to me is the best value WR in this draft. taking blackmon in the top 10 or alshon in the top 25 ill take alshon all day. and he will be drafted tehre as long as he doesnt blow his pro day. ill bet money that ingram/gilmore and alshon all have huge jumps in stock value once the pro days happen

once he has his pro day he will shoot back up draft boards. he didnt run at the combine and people thought hed be 250lbs. he was 216 so there is a lot of question marks.

he is a bad dude big guy who played with terrible QB play. and when lattimore got hurt teams just shifted the d towards him. people need to stop paying attention to the talking heads as much saying hes not this hes not that. go watch the games he is nasty same goes for coples just watch the games and look at what the teams are doing to counter each player its obvious. alshon to me is the best value WR in this draft. taking blackmon in the top 10 or alshon in the top 25 ill take alshon all day. and he will be drafted tehre as long as he doesnt blow his pro day. ill bet money that ingram/gilmore and alshon all have huge jumps in stock value once the pro days happen

Agreed 100%

I don't know enough about Floyd either way, but the Gamecocks are my favorite SEC team and I've seen a lot of Alshon. I'd be thrilled to see him in a Bills uni. I think he's game ready from day one in terms of being an NFL caliber wideout, and the guy just makes plays. He's got great size and he's been a difference maker for USC. Overall I still prefer defense with our top pick, but I'd be fine if we looked in Alshon's way.

It's a deep WR draft class. Why overpay for someone? Manningham is about the only FA worth a look at this point since Meachem and Jackson are off the market. I like the way Jeffery fights for yards after the catch. Shades of Andre from the old days.

I was referring to not signing Meachem or being in play for Garcon. Agree about Manningham. If we're drafting, I think we use our first pick on OT and our 2nd pick on a DE or OLB. Think those areas need to be addressed before we take a WR.

Alshon Jeffery was a hell of a football player before Garcia malfunctioned and screwed up South Car's season. Then AJ showed up this year fat and out of shape. The problem with Jeffery is that he's lazy. Not sure that I want the next Mike Williams. Here a pic of AJ right before the season started, he's the fat guy on the right. Btw, Ingram is on the far right.

http://thesportaholicnews.blogspot.com/2011/08/is-1-offensive-lineman.html

Agree, afraid open when not open that won't cut in the NFL

This is what i was thinking too.

And to say he was neutralized in college because teams played to him, isn't good either.

In the pro's he wont be able to out jump a lot of those db's or out muscle them. He needs to get seperation. Is he strong enough/quick enough to do that?

having said both those things...if Buddy and Chan like him and take him at 10, i will trust them. But i seriously think Buddy probably already gave Goodell his picks for the first rd. 3 OT. IF all those are gone, highly unlikely, then he takes a wr.

And i do not buy the pro- day making a huge difference for a player, save a qb.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975