Always gonna Be negative People

To say Mario was chasing the money...DUH!....most free-agents do that.... But other teams were willing to make him the highest paid Defensive player ever or atleast for this year.....

He choose Buffalo because of the pieces we had...and because Mario Williams is not a Big Spot Light Guy...but he is a guy that wants to be appreciated....

bears were willing to do 43-45 Million up front....Bills did 50....we are talking 5-7 million dollar difference....

Im exicted...wish the draft was today and the season started next sunday

To say Mario was chasing the money...DUH!....most free-agents do that.... But other teams were willing to make him the highest paid Defensive player ever or atleast for this year.....

He choose Buffalo because of the pieces we had...and because Mario Williams is not a Big Spot Light Guy...but he is a guy that wants to be appreciated....

bears were willing to do 43-45 Million up front....Bills did 50....we are talking 5-7 million dollar difference....

Yeah next season will be interesting to be sure. Nix went all-in and we get to see if he was right or wrong. Not so much right or wrong to bring Williams to Buffalo, I think his record speaks for itself. But for cap considerations for the other positions of need. If he pulls off another strong draft this year, this could be an interesting season indeed.

Clever!

Still, there's a lot of holes on this team and not a lot of salary cap money to fill those holes.

I wonder how flexible Ryan Fitzpatrick is to restructuring. Otherwise,...... :censored:

That's true but there also a number of guys who are collecting salaries they don't deserve. We've got a good portion of Williams salary tied up in guys that are mediocre football players. Evans and Parrish are gone so they're no longer an issue. I wouldn't be shocked to see Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Brad Smith or Chris Kelsay cut.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I get the same feeling. Mario seems to truly want to be here. He is a quiet, let my work do the talking guy. As for the money, I think he would have got 96+ anywhere. Maybe not as much guaranteed though. Its all water over the dam now. He's ours and that line is going to be great.

To say Mario was chasing the money...DUH!....most free-agents do that.... But other teams were willing to make him the highest paid Defensive player ever or atleast for this year.....He choose Buffalo because of the pieces we had...and because Mario Williams is not a Big Spot Light Guy...but he is a guy that wants to be appreciated....

I don't think this is true. The Bills were the only team to offer that--that's why he signed.

Where is that Bears offer referenced?

Other teams fans before the signing: Mario Williams is a beast! He's the best defensive player out there! If (fill in the blank) signs him they'll win the super Bowl!

Other teams fans after the signing: Mario Williams sucks. He's injury prone and only plays at half speed anyway. The Texans were better without him! He's just another greedy player.

Hell before the signing: hot and humid

Hell after the signing: cool and breezy!

Message boards don't exist without negative people. It's the point or counterpoint of which message board excellence is born. :D

That being said, I see no negatives for either owner, team, player or fan with the events of this week. It's been a fine week for Bills Nation.

Other teams fans before the signing: Mario Williams is a beast! He's the best defensive player out there! If (fill in the blank) signs him they'll win the super Bowl!

Other teams fans after the signing: Mario Williams sucks. He's injury prone and only plays at half speed anyway. The Texans were better without him! He's just another greedy player.

Hell before the signing: hot and humid

Hell after the signing: cool and breezy!

You see the same thing here about players that don't sign or leave. It's the same all over.

RALPH IS CHEAP

Williams is over rated, what has the guy done?

oh yea and....RALPH IS CHEAP!

Devils Advocate: Wilson realizes he overpaid an average QB while at the same time is mandated by the NFL to spend a certain percentage of the salary cap. So Wilson gives the green light to sign a big name defensive player but manages to overpay him, too.

Salary cap implications leave not a lot of money for other players.

But stadium tickets and jerseys create large revenue.

Just sayin'. :flirt: