WTH are the Dolphins thinking?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really thought that Flynn signing with the Seahawks likely meant that Philbin just didn't like him that much, so he likely wasn't going to be good. But now I think Flynn just ran for the hills, worried the team around him and the management and ownership was such a clusterfukk than even though he loved the coach he would never succeed.

As much as I hate the Fins, I feel bad for their fans. They were being smothered with rumors of Peyton Manning,Matt Flynn, and RG3, only to be stuck with Garrard and Moore. The Bills don't exactly have a world-beater in Fitzpatrick, but they've been let down alot from that regime. I'd be pissed too.

That said - :nana:

As much as I hate the Fins, I feel bad for their fans. They were being smothered with rumors of Peyton Manning,Matt Flynn, and RG3, only to be stuck with Garrard and Moore. The Bills don't exactly have a world-beater in Fitzpatrick, but they've been let down alot from that regime. I'd be pissed too.

Really? I despise their fans, as well as Patriots and Jets fans. They all deserve every bit of misery they dredge up

Really? I despise their fans, as well as Patriots and Jets fans. They all deserve every bit of misery they dredge up

Exactly !!

For me, the Dolphins represent an entire decade of losing. The Bills never once beat Miami the entire decade of the 70's. Even Jim Kelly & Co keeping Marino from the SB didn't quell my disdain.

Lets not forget they are the ONLY undefeated team ever in the history of the NFL, and all those 70's players crack open champagne when the last team falls every year.

Take a guess which team came closest to beating the 72 Dolphins that year

Couldn't have happened to a better team, besides the Jets and Pats of course

As for what are they thinking? Probably "Its hard to win in the NFL"

And we thought the Bills were a disfunctional franchise, Miami couldn't even get the 2nd most coveted QB available this offseason to sign with them after the brought in his former co-ordinator to be the Head Coach. Then, Alex Smith passes them over to go back to the team that was actively looking to replace him with Manning after sayign they weren't interested in Manning, and saying that Smith was their guy.

Feel bad for their fans? Dude they swept us last year.. badly..

Dolphins fans protest offseason, GM

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark piled on. Once courted by Ireland as a free agent, Clark took a veiled shot at the GM on Twitter, saying no one wants to play for Miami.

"I almost went there but it was (an) easy decision not to. Not a good guy making decisions," Clark tweeted over the weekend.

This offseason is almost surreal...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7714817/miami-dolphins-jeff-ireland-asks-patience-fans-protest-offseason

Owner Stephen Ross stressed that the top offseason priority was to upgrade at quarterback, and two weeks ago the Dolphins were considered the favorites to sign Peyton Manning. They finished fourth among four finalists.

The Dolphins were then regarded as the front-runners for Green Bay Packers backup Matt Flynn, but after visiting Miami, he opted for the Seattle Seahawks. Ireland then brought in Alex Smith for a visit, and when it appeared he would instead remain with the San Francisco 49ers, Miami signed David Garrard, who didn't play anywhere in 2011.

While some fans took to the street, the discontent also went viral.

"Jeff Ireland, you are the reason I am never happy," comedian and Dolphins fan Daniel Tosh tweeted Monday.

A rogue edit to Ireland's Wikipedia entry, quickly removed, described him as "the most incompetent human being in the history of existence."

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark piled on. Once courted by Ireland as a free agent, Clark took a veiled shot at the GM on Twitter, saying no one wants to play for Miami.

"I almost went there but it was (an) easy decision not to. Not a good guy making decisions," Clark tweeted over the weekend.

There's speculation Ireland's reputation hurts him in free-agent negotiations. Some players remember the GM's inappropriate questioning during a predraft interview in 2010, when he asked receiver Dez Bryant whether his mother was ever a prostitute.

I'm lovin it

The nfl.com article was funny.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827bbcb1/article/angry-mob-of-dolphins-fans-stage-organized-protest?module=HP11_headline_stack

The South Florida Sun Sentinel reported that about 30 people, "including four men with paper bags over their heads and another one clutching a Dan Marino doll" were outside the team facility in Davie, Fla., in a protest that began around noon.

CORRECTED

"We have the most passionate fans in football, all 30 of them, and they are not shy about letting their sentiments be known," Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene said. "We understand, and we are working hard on giving them something to cheer about this season."

Edited by ACor58

Remember the mass hysteria around here when the Fish went from worst to first in 2008?

I used to like the Ravens. Then came that fluke play in OT that ruined MY perfect O-fer season.

In the last 12 months the Dolphins have been spurned by Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher, and Peyton Manning.

And Flynn. That one was the most telling to me.

This whole FA period has been SURREAL. Suddenly Buffalo is "where the cool guys are" and Miami's weather isn't that beautiful anymore.

I'm loving it.

A rogue edit to Ireland's Wikipedia entry, quickly removed, described him as "the most incompetent human being in the history of existence."

Gotta wonder if that rogue editor ever heard of a guy named Rich Kotite.

South Beach by no means has a monopoly on AFC East dysfunction.

After a crash and burn season which featured a "toxic" locker room including a very public pissing match between the QB and the number one receiver, the Jets then entered the Peyton Manning derby.

When Manning wasn't interested they gave Mark Sanchez a "kiss and make up" contract.

The ink hasn't even dried on that contractual "commitment" to Sanchez, and now the Jets trade for Tim Tebow.

You can't make this stuff up.

South Beach by no means has a monopoly on AFC East dysfunction.

After a crash and burn season which featured a "toxic" locker room including a very public pissing match between the QB and the number one receiver, the Jets then entered the Peyton Manning derby.

When Manning wasn't interested they gave Mark Sanchez a "kiss and make up" contract.

The ink hasn't even dried on that contractual "commitment" to Sanchez, and now the Jets trade for Tim Tebow.

You can't make this stuff up.

great, ain't it?