Shawne Merriman

He stays. He competes for a spot. If he doesn't earn a spot, so be it. But for right now, he very much stays. He's been a big locker room presence, and has been helpful in attracting FAs.

It doesn't hurt much to see if he can become Lights Out again. :)

Imagine a healthy Shawne?? WOW!!

You got it brother, one million to find out if he can get it back is an easy decision. Many called him a shell of his former self yet when he was on the field nobody on the roster was even in the same league as him setting the edge.

You got it brother, one million to find out if he can get it back is an easy decision. Many called him a shell of his former self yet when he was on the field nobody on the roster was even in the same league as him setting the edge.

I know it was preseason but he ate cutler up. Kelsay on run downs, merriman in subpackages while he gets back to trusting his injury. Just straight at the qb- screw setting the edge until he's an every down guy.

I have to imagine Williams would not have signed here if Merriman was going to be released. 1 Million to see if he can return to his former pro-bowl self. Easy decision. If he does, we have an all pro-bowl caliber D line.

Dareus is the only one not to go last time he completed a season healthy. If these 4 can stay together.... Bad things.

Shawne Merriman might surprise many of the naysayers that have written him off. It has been reported that his Achilles surgery went well and that he has been working out to try and get back into game shape. He knew his situation was problematic however he had elected not to undergo surgery when his Achilles had flared up in the past and when it became eminent that he was going to have to have the procedure he finally had the necessary surgery. This is very similar to Kyle Williams situation, but both finally had the surgery and both have seemingly recovered. Players come back from these types of injuries and with youth on his side I'm much more optimistic than pessimistic. I think if Kyle can come back so can Shawne, I think their the same age or close and had practically the same injury, sooooo we'll see.

Shawne Merriman might surprise many of the naysayers that have written him off. It has been reported that his Achilles surgery went well and that he has been working out to try and get back into game shape. He knew his situation was problematic however he had elected not to undergo surgery when his Achilles had flared up in the past and when it became eminent that he was going to have to have the procedure he finally had the necessary surgery. This is very similar to Kyle Williams situation, but both finally had the surgery and both have seemingly recovered. Players come back from these types of injuries and with youth on his side I'm much more optimistic than pessimistic. I think if Kyle can come back so can Shawne, I think their the same age or close and had practically the same injury, sooooo we'll see.

What a dream defense a healthy Mario Williams, Shawne Merriman, Marcel Dareus, and Kyle Williams would be upfront!

I have to imagine Williams would not have signed here if Merriman was going to be released.

So if Merriman is a bust and gets released in training camp, does Williams get pissed, and ask to have his contract voided? Merriman being on the team had ZERO to do with Williams signing on the dotted line.

Edited by LabattBlue