Rob Johnson!

Coach Tuesday

Manning was interviewed at halftime tonight. He said the team is fired up for this week's game against the Broncos, because they want to end the season on a high note and get Dungy his record 13th win. He said they learned their lesson AGAINST BUFFALO A FEW YEARS BACK, when they came into Buffalo with nothing to play for, got embarassed, and lost in the first round. He said they won't let that happen again.

THAT WAS ALSO THE "ROB JOHNSON GAME." The famous thrashing of the Colts when Iron Rob looked like, um, Peyton Manning, enough so that Wade "Charlie Brown Sweater, No Headset" Phillips annointed him the starter against Tennessee, andwellyouknowtherest!@#$.

Anyway - perhaps, just perhaps, that was all part of the Divine Plan. Ole' Iron Rob comes thru in the clutch afterall, God willing.

(Go Bills.)

Manning was interviewed at halftime tonight.  He said the team is fired up for this week's game against the Broncos, because they want to end the season on a high note and get Dungy his record 13th win.  He said they learned their lesson AGAINST BUFFALO A FEW YEARS BACK, when they came into Buffalo with nothing to play for, got embarassed, and lost in the first round.  He said they won't let that happen again.

THAT WAS ALSO THE "ROB JOHNSON GAME."  The famous thrashing of the Colts when Iron Rob looked like, um, Peyton Manning, enough so that Wade "Charlie Brown Sweater, No Headset" Phillips annointed him the starter against Tennessee, andwellyouknowtherest!@#$.

Anyway - perhaps, just perhaps, that was all part of the Divine Plan.  Ole' Iron Rob comes thru in the clutch afterall, God willing.

(Go Bills.)

181423[/snapback]

Unbelievable the Karma the CowBell is digging up!! Nice post Tuesday!!

Geezus, grow up!

When he left the game, we had the win in the bag! Fruitie had a habit of not being able to put up 17 points consistently all year and you wanted him to start? :blink:

At least I'm objective and give 90% credit to the defense that carried us all year!

Geezus, grow up!

When he left the game, we had the win in the bag!  Fruitie had a habit of not being able to put up 17 points consistently all year and you wanted him to start?  :blink:

At least I'm objective and give 90% credit to the defense that carried us all year!

181472[/snapback]

Yeah, let's start this ridiculous discussion again. It's just so darn fresh. :blink:

Manning was interviewed at halftime tonight.  He said the team is fired up for this week's game against the Broncos, because they want to end the season on a high note and get Dungy his record 13th win.  He said they learned their lesson AGAINST BUFFALO A FEW YEARS BACK, when they came into Buffalo with nothing to play for, got embarassed, and lost in the first round.  He said they won't let that happen again.

181423[/snapback]

I believe there's some revisionism in Peyton's recollection here. This was the final game of the 1999 season and it is incorrect to say that there was no ramification to Indy whether they won or loss. While they were assured a first round bye, a win in Buffalo would've clinched home field advantage for Indy throughout the playoffs. (By losing, they failed to clinch such advantage.)

Furthermore, rather than the Indy starters resting that game, Manning was 18 for 29 and played most of the game. Yes, Manning was replaced by Steve Walsh midway through the 4th Quarter, but this was mainly because the Bills were kicking their a$$es to the tune of 31-6.

For a walk down memory lane, click below to read the recap of this game from the ESPN archives:

Bills end Colts' 11-game win streak

Go Bills!!!!!!

(and go Colts and/or Rams on Sunday!)

I believe there's some revisionism in Peyton's recollection here.  This was the final game of the 1999 season and it is incorrect to say that there was no ramification to Indy whether they won or loss.  While they were assured a first round bye, a win in Buffalo would've clinched home field advantage for Indy throughout the playoffs.  (By losing, they failed to clinch such advantage.) 

Furthermore, rather than the Indy starters resting that game, Manning was 18 for 29 and played most of the game.  Yes, Manning was replaced by Steve Walsh midway through the 4th Quarter, but this was mainly because the Bills were kicking their a$$es to the tune of 31-6.

For a walk down memory lane, click below to read the recap of this game from the ESPN archives:

Go Bills!!!!!!

181484[/snapback]

perhaps, in his mind, he either knew they didn't go all out, or that he just wants to avoid an ass-kicking - which will happen if they dont play to win.

I believe there's some revisionism in Peyton's recollection here.  This was the final game of the 1999 season and it is incorrect to say that there was no ramification to Indy whether they won or loss.  While they were assured a first round bye, a win in Buffalo would've clinched home field advantage for Indy throughout the playoffs.  (By losing, they failed to clinch such advantage.) 

Furthermore, rather than the Indy starters resting that game, Manning was 18 for 29 and played most of the game.  Yes, Manning was replaced by Steve Walsh midway through the 4th Quarter, but this was mainly because the Bills were kicking their a$$es to the tune of 31-6.

Go Bills!!!!!!

181484[/snapback]

Shhhhh - let Peyton believe that!!

I believe there's some revisionism in Peyton's recollection here.  This was the final game of the 1999 season and it is incorrect to say that there was no ramification to Indy whether they won or loss.   While they were assured a first round bye, a win in Buffalo would've clinched home field advantage for Indy throughout the playoffs.  (By losing, they failed to clinch such advantage.) 

Go Bills!!!!!!

181484[/snapback]

tell ya what...we had a great time in the endzone seats that day. - :blink:

btw, that was also andre's last game in buffalo...

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
THAT WAS ALSO THE "ROB JOHNSON GAME."  The famous thrashing of the Colts when Iron Rob looked like, um, Peyton Manning, enough so that Wade "Charlie Brown Sweater, No Headset" Phillips annointed him the starter against Tennessee, andwellyouknowtherest!@#$.

181423[/snapback]

YES, I DO know WTF:

OUR SPECIAL TEAMS BLEW IT IN TENNESSEE.

Against that Titans D ON THE ROAD, we were ready to WIN, and like it or not, RJ did his part...

***And that Titans team almost won the friggin Super Bowl!!!!***

Proves than any team has a chance to beat any other team in the playoffs.....

BTW, Flutie threw away his opportunity to win a playoff game when he HANDED MIAMI key INT's, so I'd say the track record speaks for itself as far as playoffs go... Drew is better than those two jokers, immoble or NOT.

Go Bills!!!!!!

181484[/snapback]

Fans cheered loudly for Johnson, who received his biggest accolade from owner Ralph Wilson. "He was spectacular," said Wilson, one of the original AFL owners. "I won't get into that," Wilson said when asked who should start at quarterback against Tennessee.

Bills coach Wade Phillips was prickly about the subject. "I've already answered these questions," Phillips said. "I'm not mad that Rob played well. I want him to be as good as he can be."

:blink:

Geezus, grow up!

When he left the game, we had the win in the bag!  Fruitie had a habit of not being able to put up 17 points consistently all year and you wanted him to start?  :blink:

181472[/snapback]

Actually I wanted Van Pelt to start. Now go away.