Rob Johnson!

Coach Tuesday

YES, I DO know WTF:

OUR SPECIAL TEAMS BLEW IT IN TENNESSEE.

Against that Titans D ON THE ROAD, we were ready to WIN, and like it or not, RJ did his part...

***And that Titans team almost won the friggin Super Bowl!!!!***

Proves than any team has a chance to beat any other team in the playoffs.....

BTW, Flutie threw away his opportunity to win a playoff game when he HANDED MIAMI key INT's, so I'd say the track record speaks for itself as far as playoffs go... Drew is better than those two jokers, immoble or NOT.

181593[/snapback]

As far as the Miami game goes, there's plenty of blame to spread around - Reed got himself ejected from the game and Moulds made a fumble on the first play of the game after hauling in a bomb from Flutie. If Moulds doesn't fumble we're looking at least 3 points maybe 7, instead we get nothing and Miami get a field goal from the turnover.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
As far as the Miami game goes, there's plenty of blame to spread around - Reed got himself ejected from the game and Moulds made a fumble on the first play of the game after hauling in a bomb from Flutie. If Moulds doesn't fumble we're looking at least 3 points maybe 7, instead we get nothing and Miami get a field goal from the turnover.

182292[/snapback]

Who turned the ball over THREE times in that game?

Eric Moulds? Andre Reed? Thurman Thomas?

If ROB JOHNSON would have done that, EVERYONE would have roasted his a$$ up and down and all around. The whole point was that RJ performed better than Flutie did in their solo appearances in the playoffs, cut and dry and indisputable.

tell ya what...we had a great time in the endzone seats that day.  - ;)

btw, that was also andre's last game in buffalo...

181512[/snapback]

Heh, I was in the end zone that day too...in front of a guy that shouted, at the top of his lungs all day long "I HATE MANNING!"...in addition to the amazing RJ performance, that game is also memorable for the near 70 degree weather.

Who turned the ball over THREE times in that game?

Eric Moulds? Andre Reed? Thurman Thomas?

If ROB JOHNSON would have done that, EVERYONE would have roasted his a$$ up and down and all around. The whole point was that RJ performed better than Flutie did in their solo appearances in the playoffs, cut and dry and indisputable.

182871[/snapback]

Nothing like comparing two ships sinking and pretending one sunk a little slower and was therefore better. ;)

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Heh, I was in the end zone that day too...in front of a guy that shouted, at the top of his lungs all day long "I HATE MANNING!"...in addition to the amazing RJ performance, that game is also memorable for the near 70 degree weather.

182909[/snapback]

That game was great.. I miss the Colts in our division....

NOT!! hehee

I wish they were the Baltimore Colts, though.. history has left us there ;)

Manning was interviewed at halftime tonight.  He said the team is fired up for this week's game against the Broncos, because they want to end the season on a high note and get Dungy his record 13th win.  He said they learned their lesson AGAINST BUFFALO A FEW YEARS BACK, when they came into Buffalo with nothing to play for, got embarassed, and lost in the first round.  He said they won't let that happen again.

THAT WAS ALSO THE "ROB JOHNSON GAME."  The famous thrashing of the Colts when Iron Rob looked like, um, Peyton Manning, enough so that Wade "Charlie Brown Sweater, No Headset" Phillips annointed him the starter against Tennessee, andwellyouknowtherest!@#$.

Anyway - perhaps, just perhaps, that was all part of the Divine Plan.  Ole' Iron Rob comes thru in the clutch afterall, God willing.

(Go Bills.)

181423[/snapback]

I think HC Dungy was not pleased at giving up 31 points and getting a fortunate OT chance last week. IND will play.

IMO, PHI will lay down against CIN (dumb- this is tune-up time if you are already in, and PIT would have to be nuts to not get some bench time in for the benchwarmers.

And I think STL will knock off the Jets unless their lousy ST squads gives it up. I can see Penny forcing things when they should run Martin 35 times.

My recollection is that there were two keys which drove the amount of efforts the Colts put into that game.

First, a star defender for them got hurt badly in the first series or two and the rest of the team went into a shell rather than make a macximum effort and risk missing the playoffs.

Second, the Colts needed two things to happen to improve their playoff position. They needed a win and needed an opponent to lose and by halftime it was clear that the opponent was going to win making the outcome of their game meaningless.

I think these factors were the two drivers in determining their lack of effort which allowed an RJ led Bills O to walk all over them.

Funny how times change one's thinking. Back then, all that bothered me was whether we were going to win or not.

Today, after reading that recap of the story, the thing that bothered me most was this:

Injured in the fifth game against the Colts last year, Johnson lost his starting job as Flutie led the Bills to the playoffs. Flutie played in the Pro Bowl, was the league's Comeback Player of the Year and signed a $22 million contract extension.

$50M for two quarterbacks. Great fuggin' move.

Funny how times change one's thinking. Back then, all that bothered me was whether we were going to win or not.

Today, after reading that recap of the story, the thing that bothered me most was this:

$50M for two quarterbacks. Great fuggin' move.

182950[/snapback]

If Ralph wasn't so cheap it would have been 80Million. :lol:

182909[/snapback]

LOL :lol::lol: that guy was 3 rows behind me! my friend and i still laugh about that guy every time we get our snapshots out from that day!!