Tell all farewell from departing Goldman exec

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/opinion/why-i-am-leaving-goldman-sachs.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1

"I attend ... meetings where not one single minute is spent asking questions about how we can help clients. It’s purely about how we can make the most possible money off of them."

It's been that way for...decades, really.

And you have to keep in mind, "clients" is very likely major corporations in this context, not individual small investors.

And you have to keep in mind, "clients" is very likely major corporations in this context, not individual small investors.

So they're !@#$ing over the evil corporations? Holy crap that's going to blow some stoner OWS type's minds.

So they're !@#$ing over the evil corporations? Holy crap that's going to blow some stoner OWS type's minds.

So are evil banks worse than evil corporations? What if it's an evil multi-national corporation, then what??

And what if it's not a Wall Street bank but just Mom & Pop Savings, are they still evil?

Can we get a "progressive" over here to help us sort it out? So confusing!

MSNBC had a huge headline announcing Greg Smith's article caused Goldman Sachs to lose $2 Billion in market value because of what they call "Muppetgate."

And I'm thinking "I'm sure this pleases the MSNBC audience, but Goldman Sachs can get that market value back by lunch on Monday, and Greg Smith will still be left wondering why no one wants to hire him."

Edited by LABillzFan

So are evil banks worse than evil corporations? What if it's an evil multi-national corporation, then what??

And what if it's not a Wall Street bank but just Mom & Pop Savings, are they still evil?

Can we get a "progressive" over here to help us sort it out? So confusing!

I see you got one to come all the way from Illinois, but alas, he can't help.

Very likely?

Very likely?

Yeah...because I don't know what this guy did for Goldman. I know the vast majority - if not all - of Goldman's clients are institutional, but I don't know that this guy isn't the one guy that had to deal with American consumers.

Yeah...because I don't know what this guy did for Goldman. I know the vast majority - if not all - of Goldman's clients are institutional, but I don't know that this guy isn't the one guy that had to deal with American consumers.

Once they're done building his statue at the Huffington Post offices, he'll be dealing with American consumers every day.

"Fries with that? (I sleep well at night Keep telling yourself. I sleep well at night.)"

Once they're done building his statue at the Huffington Post offices, he'll be dealing with American consumers every day.

"Fries with that? (I sleep well at night Keep telling yourself. I sleep well at night.)"

Nah. He's still one of the 1%.

Which these days is the real definition of a progessive, it seems: sympathizes with the pain of the 99%, tweets about it frequently from his house in the Hamptons.

A well publicized (and well timed) "confession" that is being touted only to divert attention from Washington DC, where the real blame lies.

Let me know when this new found "man of conscious" gives back the money he earned over the years...............or recieves his government position.

MSNBC had a huge headline announcing Greg Smith's article caused Goldman Sachs to lose $2 Billion in market value because of what they call "Muppetgate."

And I'm thinking "I'm sure this pleases the MSNBC audience, but Goldman Sachs can get that market value back by lunch on Monday, and Greg Smith will still be left wondering why no one wants to hire him."

and you think this is a good thing? did you cheer for RJR in "the insider"? it's like a scene from "1984" where the audience cheers the ministry of peace propaganda war films showing enemies killed....sound familiar? but at least you'll be cheering for the winning side.

Edited by birdog1960

His self described title was head of equities derivatives for EMEA. In reality, he was a VP (huge difference at the firm) and his department consisted of one person. So, no he never had contact with American consumers.

and you think this is a good thing? did you cheer for RJR in "the insider"? it's like a scene from "1984" where the audience cheers the ministry of peace propaganda war films showing enemies killed....sound familiar? but at least you'll be cheering for the winning side.

haha do you have any idea what the concept of irony is? Which side is willfully engaged in a smear campaign against a small group of Americans, screaming about "corruption" and "fairness", exaggerating and down right lying about what this group is engaged in and their influence, turning said group into a bunch of caricatures hell bent on destroying "The American Way", and above all else, demanding that the government harm this small group for the greater good?