Other FA Signings Compared to Stevie's Deal

Mr. T

Man, when I consider what Stevie signed for and I see what other FA WR haved signed for, Meachem, Robinson, Jackson, Colston and so on you can't help feel really good about how Stevie stayed loyal to the Bills. Now Jackson and Colston I can understand getting the big deals. But Stevie is much better than Meachem and Robinson and they were given deals equal to or better than Stevie. Makes me appreciate Stevie all the more! The man stayed true to his team and teammates.

Shhhhh don't make a thread about this. No one is supposed to notice. You don't think the players and their families monitor this board. Stevie may sue his agent and hold out.

No, thats what impresses me the most about Stevie. I suspect he was aware he could get more somewhere else, but wanted to stay here more. Now that doesn't mean that if he has another two big years he won't demand a redo of the contract. But if that happens the Bills owe it to him to cooperate.

Man, when I consider what Stevie signed for and I see what other FA WR haved signed for, Meachem, Robinson, Jackson, Colston and so on you can't help feel really good about how Stevie stayed loyal to the Bills. Now Jackson and Colston I can understand getting the big deals. But Stevie is much better than Meachem and Robinson and they were given deals equal to or better than Stevie. Makes me appreciate Stevie all the more! The man stayed true to his team and teammates.

Yeah - and and add in Garcon's deal with the 'Skins which is also positively rodiculous.

Would you trade Stevie for Garcon?? I sure wouldn't.

dont give too much credit to management.

1.Steve wanted to be here(DIDN'T NEED TO CONVINCE HIM)

2.During the season he said he wanted 7 mil per (NEVER ACTED LIKE A DIVA ...see Deshawn jackson and Vince jackson last year.

3.He chose not to explore Free-Agency when many thought he'd be gone (LOYALTY)

4.He earns 8 million over his first 3 years, he gets a good amount per-year up front, and if his production drops off over time he becauses easier to move.(Didnt wait to see what other WR's got)

Show Stevie Love

dont give too much credit to management.

1.Steve wanted to be here(DIDN'T NEED TO CONVINCE HIM)

2.During the season he said he wanted 7 mil per (NEVER ACTED LIKE A DIVA ...see Deshawn jackson and Vince jackson last year.

3.He chose not to explore Free-Agency when many thought he'd be gone (LOYALTY)

4.He earns 8 million over his first 3 years, he gets a good amount per-year up front, and if his production drops off over time he becauses easier to move.(Didnt wait to see what other WR's got)

Show Stevie Love

Give credit to management. They kept a talented guy from bolting in FA. All hail Lord (Longshanks) Nix!!!!!!!

Why not?

I'm a fan of Stevie but he's had some bonehead moments.... Whether you just need to go read his twitter for awhile, need to review him getting benched vs the pats, etc...

I'm curious, does anyone know why he started at chabot college? I have long assumed academics but there could be a host of other reasons now that I'm actually giving it real thought.

I'm a fan of Stevie but he's had some bonehead moments.... Whether you just need to go read his twitter for awhile, need to review him getting benched vs the pats, etc...

I'm curious, does anyone know why he started at chabot college? I have long assumed academics but there could be a host of other reasons now that I'm actually giving it real thought.

A lot of athletes start at small schools before finishing at major programs, either for academics or just not being noticed in high school. At any rate, I really think the majority of his bonehead moments are the result of a lack of maturity, rather than a lack of intelligence.

Edited by jjmac

The high school he went to didnt even have a football team until his junior year. Mostly he played QB and IIRC CB.

The high school he went to didnt even have a football team until his junior year. Mostly he played QB and IIRC CB.

He also got all-state honors and was first team all conference. That's what led me to academics, although maybe tgere was some sort of family situation.