Voter ID

3rdnlng

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Democracies will self-destruct when the non-productive majority realizes that it can vote itself handouts from the productive minority by electing the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury. It's not a theory any longer, it is happening on a daily basis and Obama is their king.

Democracies will self-destruct when the non-productive majority realizes that it can vote itself handouts from the productive minority by electing the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury. It's not a theory any longer, it is happening on a daily basis and Obama is their king.

It's Cargo Cultism brought mainstream.

Which is one of the major reasons our country was founded as a Republic!! Not a Democracy... :wallbash:

This post just reeks of paranoia. The main point in this case is that South Carolina has been unable to give any evidence of voter fraud though they are using this as the base for the law. Why are they trying to fix a something that doesn't seem to be broken?

Not to mention you seem to be backing the inference that voter suppression is okay given that they are suppressing the social group you happen to not like.

This post just reeks of paranoia. The main point in this case is that South Carolina has been unable to give any evidence of voter fraud though they are using this as the base for the law. Why are they trying to fix a something that doesn't seem to be broken?

Not to mention you seem to be backing the inference that voter suppression is okay given that they are suppressing the social group you happen to not like.

Paranoia... Maybe... but sweeping generalizations are just easier......

Yes, suppress those illegal aliens who have no picture I.D.

Yes, suppress those illegal aliens who have no picture I.D.

If the state could prove that that's whats going on there wouldn't be a problem with this law would there. Not to mention the JD was able to prove that minority citizens are less likely to have a picture ID and would be the most likely to be suppressed.

If the state could prove that that's whats going on there wouldn't be a problem with this law would there. Not to mention the JD was able to prove that minority citizens are less likely to have a picture ID and would be the most likely to be suppressed.

What the hell is wrong with having a picture I.D. to vote? What's more important, voting or driving? Or cashing a check? Or getting a drink at a bar?

Furthermore, how can you prove that voter fraud is going on if you can't ask for I.D.?

What the hell is wrong with having a picture I.D. to vote? What's more important, voting or driving? Or cashing a check? Or getting a drink at a bar?

Furthermore, how can you prove that voter fraud is going on if you can't ask for I.D.?

Not all minorities, or even middle class for that matter, own cars. especially if you live in a downtown area and use public transportation. Do I have a problem with showing a picture I.D. when you show up at the voting booth. Not really. I just would like to make sure that doing so does not suppress any demographic of voter.

Not all minorities, or even middle class for that matter, own cars. especially if you live in a downtown area and use public transportation. Do I have a problem with showing a picture I.D. when you show up at the voting booth. Not really. I just would like to make sure that doing so does not suppress any demographic of voter.

Most (if not all) states now issue picture IDs that are not drivers licenses.

This, from the link:

"Under the law, anyone who wants to vote but does not have a photo identification must obtain a new voter registration card that includes a photo. A birth certificate or passport can be used to prove identity."

They'll even provide them with one.

It is stunning to me that any person would have even the slightest objection to showing ID prior to voting. It's single-handedly one of the most important actions you can take as a legal citizen of this country, and every person should vehemently object to even the slightest chance that their legitimate vote would be cancelled out by anything other than another legitimate vote.

The only people afraid of voter IDs are people who fear the consequences to their livelihood.

This, from the link:

"Under the law, anyone who wants to vote but does not have a photo identification must obtain a new voter registration card that includes a photo. A birth certificate or passport can be used to prove identity."

They'll even provide them with one.

If they are willing to provide a pictured photo I.D. then I guess we don't have anything to argue about do we.

How much manpower should the government use to "prove what's going on" instead of passing a common sense law that ensures equal protection for every voter? Liberals love to pass laws based on "what may happen in the most remote of circumstances" but when something like possible voter fraud is charged and the fix is something as simple as having people prove they are you they say, they go full hypocrite.

And picture IDs are just so hard to come by. <_<

How much manpower should the government use to "prove what's going on" instead of passing a common sense law that ensures equal protection for every voter? Liberals love to pass laws based on "what may happen in the most remote of circumstances" but when something like possible voter fraud is charged and the fix is something as simple as having people prove they are you they say, they go full hypocrite.

And picture IDs are just so hard to come by. dry.gif

According to a lot of liberals, blacks CANT....thats right....CANNOT get a picture ID. They are physically unable.

The soft bigotry of low expecations.

Did the quick Google for this....

http://latinodecisions.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/the-disproportionate-impact-of-stringent-voter-id-laws/

We contend that while instilling greater confidence in our election system (the primary benefit of Photo-ID laws) is a worthwhile goal, it is equally important to examine the impact that more rigorous identification requirements may have on the law abiding electorate. In our research we hypothesize that adding photo-identification requirements would create a substantive barrier to voting for racial and ethnic minorities, as well as foreign-born voters. We base our theory on the clearly established relationship that institutional burdens to participation have on individuals who have fewer political resources.

Obviously....taking a bus to a DMV or a local library or Post Office (where easy "ID drives" could be set up) is now an "institutional burden."