How 'bout a dirty three-way?

#34fan

It is, without question, crazy talk. Still, I'm not so sure Johnson is still their best player. Like I said, since the Peyton thing, I don't see that many sacred cows left.

I dont think you totally understand how many pieces had to fall in place for that. The injury, not winning one more game, the qb coming out, the timing of the bonus.... This idea is nonsense. Nothing comes together for it and I'm amazed that beyond the huge flaws from the texans side that more people haven't mentioned how awful the idea is for the niners to trade their first two picks from less than a year ago.

I dont think you totally understand how many pieces had to fall in place for that. The injury, not winning one more game, the qb coming out, the timing of the bonus.... This idea is nonsense. Nothing comes together for it and I'm amazed that beyond the huge flaws from the texans side that more people haven't mentioned how awful the idea is for the niners to trade their first two picks from less than a year ago.

D_mmit people, work with me here! I give you three teams that can help each other out, and this is what I get? I'm trying to get a hypothetical deal done, and all I hear is nyeah this, and nyeah that!

Let me break it down: I've got one team that's DESPERATE for a pass rush, a 13-3 team that could use the help of a veteran receiver, another team that needs nothing, EXCEPT maybe a reciever that can stay healthy for an entire season.

If you're not into my fantasy three-way trade, then come up with a better one.

-If you dare.

This wouldn't happen in a million years, but It'd be sweet for Bills nation.

We Get: Aldon Smith, and Colin Kaepernick

We Trade: Our #10 pick to Houston

Houston Gives: Andre Johnson, plus a third rounder next year to the Niners.

Come on. It's even money that OBD will blow the ten pick anyway. The Niners need help at reciever, and Houston is literally one guy away from being conference title contenders. IF this were possible, and you were GM, why wouldn't you do it?

-Commence fire.

I'm all for it but why in the world would SF trade a there top pass rusher and Houston their top WR? Who does Houston draft Floyd and SF some uproven pass rusher?

nice to dream but that's all it is. If we wanted Aldon we should have had a better record but we may have drafted JJ Watt instead who is just as good as Dareus. Maybe we should hope the Bills get better records instead of "losing out" so we can get better players (not that I dislike Dareus). If we did better in 09 we could have drafted Clay Mathews instead of Maybin. Sometimes I think there is better talent latter because GMs aren't falling in love with combine stats and "athletic" potential and end up drafting the better players that slide because of athletes that ascend.

I'm all for it but why in the world would SF trade a there top pass rusher and Houston their top WR? Who does Houston draft Floyd and SF some uproven pass rusher?

nice to dream but that's all it is. If we wanted Aldon we should have had a better record but we may have drafted JJ Watt instead who is just as good as Dareus. Maybe we should hope the Bills get better records instead of "losing out" so we can get better players (not that I dislike Dareus). If we did better in 09 we could have drafted Clay Mathews instead of Maybin. Sometimes I think there is better talent latter because GMs aren't falling in love with combine stats and "athletic" potential and end up drafting the better players that slide because of athletes that ascend.

Whatup Barbie,

Glad you could apreciate the "fantasy" aspect of this thread. This particular scenario sounds pretty out-there, but I think free agency could get pretty wild. If the Colts actions and the Redskins deal is any indication, sentimentality will be an afterthought in the next couple of weeks. Part of me also wondered what that ten pick could be worth to a team that's just a piece or two away. Picking at 10 can be a good thing, but perhaps adding a couple veteran starters at key positions could be better. Who knows, maybe a three-way could end up happening after all.

Good question. Personally, I find Johnson's injury history worrisome. I figured with the 10 pick they could grab an OT, or a stud reciever. With Foster healthy they're still a great offense.

Huh? They already have a stud reciever, in fact, he is one of 3 best WR's, if not the best, in the NFL...yet you have them trading him away for the #10 pick to try and get a stud receiver who will never be as good as AJ? Not to mention, they need HELP for AJ, not a replacement. I guarantee you AJ is easily the most untouchable player on the Houston roster.

Wow, this board never ceases to amaze with the bizarre and absurd scenarios people come up with.

Edited by Alphadawg7