Rams, Redskins make a deal for the #2 pick

Now you're just arguing semantics. He's not a pocket passer in the sense that Tom Brady is but he's still a pass first guy who surveys the field and uses his legs when the pass breaks down as opposed to when his first read is covered. I'm still curious what it was you found "ignorant", or was that it?

The entire premise of his post. And your defense of it makes you just as silly.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't even addressed his premise. Misuse of the word "ignorant" is a pet peave of mine. I should probably just let it go, but for some reason it nags at me.

Edited by Rob's House

I haven't even addressed his premise. Misuse of the word "ignorant" is a pet peave of mine. I should probably just let it go, but for some reason it nags at me.

Neutral corners, bot a ya!

Ignorant: Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

That's not a misuse of the word -- it sums up his post. He's making incorrect correlations which demonstrate his complete lack of knowledge and sophistication.

Edited by tgreg99

The Skins are the last team you want to copy, much less for ideas on "winning♦♠."
They gave up 4 unproven draft picks - for a single unproven draft pick, all to move up for slots. 4 slots. I wonder how Washington is going to build their team around RG3 if they have no picks to do so. RG3 has to be a Hall of Fame QB for this to be worth it.
Papazoid, as I've already stated in this thread I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea for a team to bundle high picks to land what they believe is a franchise QB.

But as I said before if that team is missing only a piece or two then it's infinitely more justifiable than for a team like the Redskins who have holes up and down their roster.

Cam Newton got his team four wins last year in spite of playing brilliantly. Luckily for Carolina, they didn't give up a bunch of high picks for the right to draft him and will still be able to build a team around Newton.

Compared to the Panthers it WILL be more difficult for the Redskins to build a team around the quarterback… your free agent argument makes some assumptions that you treat like givens when they are not.

Firstly in any given year, you might have a weak free agent class.

Secondly your team needs might not mesh with that year's free agent class.

Thirdly if you build a roster in free agency you're a) going to occasionally be outbid for a player AND b) when you do get him, you'll be paying top dollar.

This doesn't mean that George Allen/Mike Shanahan can't build a team around RGIII but it does make it more difficult.

The argument that giving up 2 number one picks and a number 2 pick isn't a handicap in team building is absurd.

It is an obstacle.

With good management and good luck it can be overcome but it is an obstacle.

Agree with all of the above. I love RGIII's potential and think the kid has a great demeanor but this was an irresponsible deal by Washington, IMHO. They're not going to win with him this year, anyway. Had they held off on this deal, they likely would have been drafting in the top 5 next year (not that they won't anyway). There are several "franchise" QBs entering the draft next year. The deadskins would probably have been able to land one of them at their own slot in '13 rather than pay the king's ransom that they did. Seems like the typical, splashy, knee-jerk move by 'Little Dummy' Snyder. Only time will tell whether or not this trade works out for them but their history says, "no".

Big blockbuster trade by the redskins, now that the rams got a gew draft picks in up coming years, they can get good players so they can start building their team and making some adjustments. Now that the redskins got the second overall pick in the draft, it`s kind`ve obvious that they will pick RG3. He`s fast, strong and has great intellagance and he also has a big arm. He`s got a good RB to hand off and pass too, and has Ja`barr Gaffney and Chris Cooley to pass too.

Now the rams and the redskins might be a team watch in the fowllowing years. B-)

Ignorant: Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

That's not a misuse of the word -- it sums up his post. He's making incorrect correlations which demonstrate his complete lack of knowledge and sophistication.

Fair enough :beer:

The logic in this trade baffles me....to give up so much for an unproven player at the NFL level is just not even remotely close to a good decision. I understand giving up an additional 1st or two 2nds, but three 1sts and a 2nd is ludicrous!!! However, for those who believe the BILLS should be more like the Foreskins, then you will herald this move as "See, this is what the BILLS should be doing!! WTF??!!"....and all I can say is, thank God we have people in administration that possess more patience and poise than the Snyder's of the NFL....

The logic in this trade baffles me....to give up so much for an unproven player at the NFL level is just not even remotely close to a good decision. I understand giving up an additional 1st or two 2nds, but three 1sts and a 2nd is ludicrous!!! However, for those who believe the BILLS should be more like the Foreskins, then you will herald this move as "See, this is what the BILLS should be doing!! WTF??!!"....and all I can say is, thank God we have people in administration that possess more patience and poise than the Snyder's of the NFL....

It's true. The guys running the Bills have so much patience and poise they've slowly and steadily built a team that's only been able to win less than 40% of its games in the past 12 years. 76 wins to 116 loses.

Slow and steady is fine if it's leading towards something. Slowly and steadily treading water in the basement of the NFL, like the Bills have been doing for over a decade, is something else.

Fair enough :beer:

:beer:

It's true. The guys running the Bills have so much patience and poise they've slowly and steadily built a team that's only been able to win less than 40% of its games in the past 12 years. 76 wins to 116 loses.

And the Skins have done what the past 12 years, while spending probably twice as much money?

And the Skins have done what the past 12 years, while spending probably twice as much money?

You ain't lying. Not defending the Skins at all. Over the same span they've only managed to win 81 games (41% winning percentage) ... but they've also made it to the playoffs twice (both times making a first round exit).

As bad as the Skins have been, the Bills have been worse. Both teams trying opposite approaches, both teams ending up in essentially the same spot.

Edited by tgreg99