EVERY FITZPATRICK HATER

Whats funny is when we were 5-2 i dont remember hearing anyone talking crap about our qb. 8 injuries later our team was weakened. This fall Nix will have the pieces in place to compete and win our division!!!!!!!!!! Then we will see how many people want another qb. Cause i wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats funny is when we were 5-2 i dont remember hearing anyone talking crap about our qb. 8 injuries later our team was weakened. This fall Nix will have the pieces in place to compete and win our division!!!!!!!!!! Then we will see how many people want another qb. Cause i wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He went near full games without 10-15+ yard completions.... I don't even remember offhand... Eagles? That he went 1-4 for 12 yards on throws over 10. Something like that? There were skeptics. He's good not great, even with a healthy team. I don't even remember the stats but roughly during games 4-7 of that stretch there were some atrocious numbers downfield.

Edited by NoSaint

its a valid point when he has actual NFL players to play with he's fine. When he doesn't he forces things and a crappy D never helps

im glad someone else sees this. look at chicago when they lost two starters. Thank god stevey came back. Those two are going to have a kelly/reed type relationship

/yawn B-)

I don't think Fitz is great, but he is far from the Bills' biggest problem. He can get the job done if surrounded by talent.

I'll agree.

I'll get called a hater - I just wish he was the real talent. He's decent though. Good enough til we get the guy

I'll agree.

I'll get called a hater - I just wish he was the real talent. He's decent though. Good enough til we get the guy

Im not saying hes DREW BRESS , ARRON RODGERS OR BRADY but he is efficient when everyone is healthy. JIM KELLY most yards in a season is like around 3,500 yards. Fitz can have that with 28 tds 10 picks this year. Especially if we got MEACHAM or VINCENT JACKSON.

Im not saying hes DREW BRESS , ARRON RODGERS OR BRADY but he is efficient when everyone is healthy. JIM KELLY most yards in a season is like around 3,500 yards. Fitz can have that with 28 tds 10 picks this year. Especially if we got MEACHAM or VINCENT JACKSON.

3500 is barely (if even) top 10 these days and if he gets a 3-1 ratio I'll assume he was hurt for the season after a fast start in week one. I'll take that yardage and maybe 2-1 as a huge success though, and possible.

Not saying he's great, just comparing his stats to Kelly eh?

Edited by NoSaint

Fitzpatrick has a knock of not being able to close - till Oakland and New England in 2011. I liked how his accuracy spiked to 62% completion percentage this year. I said this last year, he reminds me of a Rich Gannon. Chan "Megamind" is putting him into a comfort zone. 2012 will define Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick has a knock of not being able to close - till Oakland and New England in 2011. I liked how his accuracy spiked to 62% completion percentage this year. I said this last year, he reminds me of a Rich Gannon. Chan "Megamind" is putting him into a comfort zone. 2012 will define Fitzpatrick.

Hopefully manning goes to the NFC. It'd leave the AFC pretty open. The qb balance has shifted way towards the NFC leaving a chance for a guy like fitz to fill some of that void at the top.

The NFC has a ton of guys in near every division that are potential gamers, the afc is much more thin.

If Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, and Jeff Hostetler can win super bowls then so can Fitz.

If played in 1989 or with the best defense possibly in the history of football- I'd feel ok. As is, his consistency worries me if forced to win 4 straight vs top teams.

Hi, Hater here. Let's pass judgement on Fitz after his tenth year in the league. He's only been in the NFL for 7 seasons. He has room to grow. Unlike Cam Newton and Andy Dalton, he had no offseason to prepare for last year. Sucks he got hurt last year though, cuz it's not like T. Romo played with broken ribs or a punctured lung or anything like that.

I would love to drink a beer with Fitz. He seems like a great guy. Do I want him as our starting QB? No. Stop gap? No choice. Draft a high round QB? This year? No. Next year? A must.

We have a ton of reasons why we collapsed last season, but we have to stop offering up excuses. Fitz and his poor play were a major part of why we fell off last year. Even when we were so high because we were winning games early, I was the skeptic waiting expecting for the flop. I wasn't vocal because I don't post very often. Fitz just showed us his true colors. Inconfitztancy.

But alas...I would love if Ryan turned out to be the QB that we need...I do root for the guy, but I have no faith in him whatsoever. Neither do the Bills long term...evidenced by the type of contract they gave him.

I hope I am proven wrong next year and I am accepting crow recipies from this point foward. Don't think i will need them though...

I feel better now.

Edited by 716

3500 is barely (if even) top 10 these days and if he gets a 3-1 ratio I'll assume he was hurt for the season after a fast start in week one. I'll take that yardage and maybe 2-1 as a huge success though, and possible.

Not saying he's great, just comparing his stats to Kelly eh?

I will compare to jim kelly because while at work around week 7 i was listening to the jim rohm show and they brought up with fitz's 9 starts last year and combined it with this years first 7 or so added it up to be his first full 16 game season and across the board identicle to kellys 1st season. Why do u think he got that big contract. It wasnt just because of the first 7games.

Hi, Hater here. Let's pass judgement on Fitz after his tenth year in the league. He's only been in the NFL for 7 seasons. He has room to grow. Unlike Cam Newton and Andy Dalton, he had no offseason to prepare for last year. Sucks he got hurt last year though, cuz it's not like T. Romo played with broken ribs or a punctured lung or anything like that.

I would love to drink a beer with Fitz. He seems like a great guy. Do I want him as our starting QB? No. Stop gap? No choice. Draft a high round QB? This year? No. Next year? A must.

We have a ton of reasons why we collapsed last season, but we have to stop offering up excuses. Fitz and his poor play were a major part of why we fell off last year. Even when we were so high because we were winning games early, I was the skeptic waiting expecting for the flop. I wasn't vocal because I don't post very often. Fitz just showed us his true colors. Inconfitztancy.

But alas...I would love if Ryan turned out to be the QB that we need...I do root for the guy, but I have no faith in him whatsoever. Neither do the Bills long term...evidenced by the type of contract they gave him.

I hope I am proven wrong next year and I am accepting crow recipies from this point foward. Don't think i will need them though...

I feel better now.

U such a hater...

I don't think the fitz "haters" would be upset if he succeeded. I'm a fitz "hater" and I really like him. He's our best right now so that's what matters. I root for the guy just as I rooted for Kelly, emphatically. I just want success for the Bills. Being in the league for 7 years and having only marginal success leads me to believe he will play just as well as all the other QBs that were marginal after 7 years. Marginal. He has games that makes me believe he could be "the guy", but then has another 1 or 2 that makes be think he's a backup at best. I hope you're right OP, I'll be rooting for him along with all the other "Fitz Haters".

There's just no way someone could show such blind optimism if he saw Billy Joe Hobart as his starter. It's not hating if you want to see a full season of promise, not just 5 games.

I like Fitz, but lay off the Koolaid would ya.

I don't think the fitz "haters" would be upset if he succeeded. I'm a fitz "hater" and I really like him. He's our best right now so that's what matters. I root for the guy just as I rooted for Kelly, emphatically. I just want success for the Bills. Being in the league for 7 years and having only marginal success leads me to believe he will play just as well as all the other QBs that were marginal after 7 years. Marginal. He has games that makes me believe he could be "the guy", but then has another 1 or 2 that makes be think he's a backup at best. I hope you're right OP, I'll be rooting for him along with all the other "Fitz Haters".

Perfectly said.

Economical use of exclamation points. We commend you.

I'm more upset about the money we paid backup QBs than Fitzpatricks payday. Fitz had broken ribs, yet we had so little confidence in backup QBs that we stuck with him though loss after loss. What are we paying the other QBs for? Keeping the bench toasty? To make sure the clipboard stays airborne? We need a Fitz alternative just in case.