Chanting USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

San Antonio Independent School District officials took the chant as a racial insult to a school with all minority players from a school with mostly white ones.

So the way I'm reading this is that these jerkoffs seem to believe that minorities aren't Americans and took offense to the "USA" chant.

Who are the racist ones again?

Edited by Koko78

Its doesn't make alot of sense to chant USA if both of the team are from the US... racist, perhaps... bad taste, probably.... dumb, yep....

If they were chanting their school, town, district, city.... that might make a little more sense.

We have an out of control debt, wars on multiple fronts all over the world, serious constitutional issues coming up, entitlement and tax system in need of massive and immediate reform...

....and this horseschit is a national story? A story, about highschool kids doing highschool things. Yeah, this is important. Jesus, when I was in highschool we had 3 all out brawls after basketball games, causing a bunch of injuries and two kids charged with illegal weapon possession.

...but chanting is a national story? WTF? Perhaps we are lucky the MSM wasn't so out of control then. Or maybe not. I think our antics at those games were certainly worthy of a national attention, as they were a lot more creative than a USA chant, and significantly more funny.

Although, chanting USA against one rival in particular....yeah, that would have been funny as hell--> because in soccer, 8 of their players were f'ing foreign exchange students.

So the way I'm reading this is that these jerkoffs seem to believe that minorities aren't Americans and took offense to the "USA" chant.

Who are the racist ones again?

Koko, I know you're smarter than this. It's more along the lines of you have the fans of an all white school chanting USA in front of a school with almost all minority students. It's like they were saying that the students from the minority school are all illegals.

It's a good thing the peruvians were there to stop the chant.

You Suck A$$ - apparently you people know no one of high school age.

Not quite sure I get this...

Chanting USA isn't racist. Chanting it in front of other Americans that happen to be of a certain ethnic decent by implying that they are not Americans, or cannot be Americans due to their race clearly is. Context makes all the difference here.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

But, don't fret.

I'm sure DC_Tom is compiling a list of things you don't get. And, if he isn't, rest assured, I am.

All will be explained to you in the most humorous, for us, way possible.

Like in this instance: You don't get that U and You can be interchanged? Have you never sent a text message? Do you have a granny phone? Like was said elsewhere: dense. I will spell, phonetically, it out for you. What if we replace You with U? Then if we say U Suck A$....we get USA. Get it now? Good. :lol: Here have a cookie.

So far, we have:

1. Doesn't get groupthink

2. Doesn't get Occam's razor

3. Doesn't get the difference between objectivity and subjectivity

4. Doesn't get how to properly recognize bias

5. Doesn't get phonetic spelling

we also have

4. Doesn't get basic economics

5. Doesn't get the difference between fiscal and monetary policy

6. Doesn't get the history of American foreign policy for the last 80 years

That's the list I have so far. Anyone else care to add/revise?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

But, don't fret.

I'm sure DC_Tom is compiling a list of things you don't get. And, if he isn't, rest assured, I am.

Like in this instance: You don't get that U and You can be interchanged? Have you never sent a text message? Do you have a granny phone? Like was said elsewhere: dense. I will spell, phonetically, it out for you. What if we replace You with U? Then if we say U Suck A$....we get USA. Get it now? Good. :lol: Here have a cookie.

So far, we have:

we also have

Well, in BFBF's defense he has made a new friend in DIN, speeding up the inevitable explosion in his head.

Koko, I know you're smarter than this. It's more along the lines of you have the fans of an all white school chanting USA in front of a school with almost all minority students. It's like they were saying that the students from the minority school are all illegals.

It's a good thing the peruvians were there to stop the chant.

Chanting USA isn't racist. Chanting it in front of other Americans that happen to be of a certain ethnic decent by implying that they are not Americans, or cannot be Americans due to their race clearly is. Context makes all the difference here.

The students from the other school had called Alamo Heights, "Alamo Whites" at other games in other sports this year. Seems like the "Outraged" school started it.

But, don't fret.

So far, we have:

we also have

Don't include me in your little pissing contest. By Occam's Razor, you're both idiots.

But, don't fret.

So far, we have:

we also have

You are REALLLLLLLYYY stupid. Please post some more about about things I don't get so that I can laugh my ass off. Especially about groupthink, which happens to be in my area of expertise as I am currently writing my masters thesis on it. After you have properly educated me on groupthink you're going to need to call the APA and let them know that they have not properly defined groupthink and bias. Let them know they can rest easy because you have the correct applications of these terms.

God it sucks that I spent the past three years studying this and it was all for naught. I could have just come on here and asked you. man...

Tell us again how Occam's razor includes 8 step explanations of your own personal conspiracy theories rather than finding the simplest explanation of a measurable event.

You are REALLLLLLLYYY stupid. Please post some more about about things I don't get so that I can laugh my ass off. Especially about groupthink, which happens to be in my area of expertise as I am currently writing my masters thesis on it. After you have properly educated me on groupthink you're going to need to call the APA and let them know that they have not properly defined groupthink and bias. Let them know they can rest easy because you have the correct applications of these terms.

God it sucks that I spent the past three years studying this and it was all for naught. I could have just come on here and asked you. man...

Tell us again how Occam's razor includes 8 step explanations of your own personal conspiracy theories rather than finding the simplest explanation of a measurable event.

Hehe.....useful information...for later. Thanks.

Its doesn't make alot of sense to chant USA if both of the team are from the US... racist, perhaps... bad taste, probably.... dumb, yep....

If they were chanting their school, town, district, city.... that might make a little more sense.

Patriotic pride overcame them! You gotta problem with that!

The students from the other school had called Alamo Heights, "Alamo Whites" at other games in other sports this year. Seems like the "Outraged" school started it.

Tit for tat makes them the bigger rat!

Anyway... If what you said is the case... If this was a hockey game, the second school (Alamo Heights) would get the extra two for retaliating.

Patriotic pride overcame them playing a school from the same country?

Tit for tat makes them the bigger rat!

Anyway... If what you said is the case... If this was a hockey game, the second school (Alamo Heights) would get the extra two for retaliating.

No, typically in hockey it's the instigator that gets the greater penalty

Chanting it in front of Americans of a "certain ethnic descent" who, if THEY won, would have unfurled MEXICAN flags the size of Puerto Vallarta, and started chanting "Osama, Osama" and flashing gang signs.

Yep....Context.

Reminds me of the story of El Duque Orlando Hernandez. Escaped Castro's Cuba on a raft, floated here, was given asylum by the US Government, signed by the NY Yankees, became a sensation and embraced by all of New York City and had a special day in his honor in NYC.

And during that day, during a special mass for him in St. Patrick's Cathedral, whre the US Govt had his wntire family brought in for the event, what were he and his kids waving in their hands?

Cuban flags.

Chanting it in front of Americans of a "certain ethnic descent" who, if THEY won, would have unfurled MEXICAN flags the size of Puerto Vallarta, and started chanting "Osama, Osama" and flashing gang signs.

Yep....Context.

Oh that's what would have happened? Thank god you can see sideways into alternate realities to let us know what would have happened if the other school won.

Glad to know that racism is OK in your book so long as it's the right kind of racism.

What a crock.

Hehe.....useful information...for later. Thanks.

OC, I was a little curious about BFBF, and his propensity to be completely wrong 100% of the time. I took the liberty of looking him up. He has a profile posted, but everything was blank other than his picture. This is who/what we have been debating with?

post-9928-080986900 1331430876_thumb.jpg

OC, I was a little curious about BFBF, and his propensity to be completely wrong 100% of the time. I took the liberty of looking him up. He has a profile posted, but everything was blank other than his picture. This is who/what we have been debating with?

That's a body made by retatta. Truly BF-squared.

That's a body made by retatta. Truly BF-squared.

I did say that his profile was devoid of anything but his picture, but I should come clean. It said he got the Groupiethink Award for the Middle School Masters Program that he mentioned earlier. I still haven't figured it out how that has anything to do with a razor and shaving. Go figure.

There is an actual picture of me posted on my TBD profile if you want to see an actual picture of me. It was taken about 30 minutes after my youngest daughter was born last year.

So you don't have to take pictures of your boyfriend engaged in whatever fetish you like and post a thumbnail of it on here anymore.

Why don't the rest of you post pictures of yourself too?

There is an actual picture of me posted on my TBD profile if you want to see an actual picture of me. It was taken about 30 minutes after my youngest daughter was born last year.

So you don't have to take pictures of your boyfriend engaged in whatever fetish you like and post a thumbnail of it on here anymore.

Why don't the rest of you post pictures of yourself too?

Because I have no need for validation from the rest of you.

The instigator in this case is the team chanting USA for no reason. You just said that it appears they did not do it for patriotic reasons. Why were they chanting it then? Care to explain.

Oops. Replying from the new Kindle... Still working out the kinks. I was replying above to Chef's earlier post.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Having learned a valuable lesson about respecting other people and being tolerant towards all races and creeds, these kids went home to watch Chappelle's Show, Tosh.0, South Park, and Family Guy, then fell asleep listening to rap music. Yep, great lesson we are teaching our kids ain't it?

Oh that's what would have happened? Thank god you can see sideways into alternate realities to let us know what would have happened if the other school won.

Glad to know that racism is OK in your book so long as it's the right kind of racism.

What a crock.

YOU DUMMY...all three examples I posted ACTUALLY HAPPENNED at sporting events that involved the US and Mexico.

But riddle me this....

Why is it when "they" do it, its just "prideful nationalism" but when "we" do it, its "racist?"

Come on, big guy...take a crack at that one....

Cuban flags.

So? They're Cuban. Born and raised. Being Cuban doesn't mean you love Communism or love Castro, anymore than being American means you love Barack Obama or take Barney Frank up the chute.

You imply that they're ungrateful because they still love where they come from. I still root for the !@#$ing BILLS and SABRES despite the fact that WNY politics is probably the closest thing to communism in the U.S.

Stop taking every symbol as some kind of personal affront. It's pathetic.

YOU DUMMY...all three examples I posted ACTUALLY HAPPENNED at sporting events that involved the US and Mexico.

But riddle me this....

Why is it when "they" do it, its just "prideful nationalism" but when "we" do it, its "racist?"

Come on, big guy...take a crack at that one....

Because in this case it wasn't the US vs Mexico.

anymore than being American means you love Barack Obama or take Barney Frank up the chute.

Though I wouldn't be entirely surprised if either or both of those were hidden in some thousands-paged appropriations bill...