Chanting USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Because in this case it wasn't the US vs Mexico.

I said INVOLVED US vs Mexico.

So? They're Cuban. Born and raised. Being Cuban doesn't mean you love Communism or love Castro, anymore than being American means you love Barack Obama or take Barney Frank up the chute.

You imply that they're ungrateful because they still love where they come from. I still root for the !@#$ing BILLS and SABRES despite the fact that WNY politics is probably the closest thing to communism in the U.S.

Stop taking every symbol as some kind of personal affront. It's pathetic.

One yeah...becuase youre NOT a one trick pony, Mr. "I dont vote for candidates from either party and Ill critique those who do while cowardly refusing to acknowledge who I DO vote for."

I didnt say they ungrateful becuase they love where they come from. I said they are ungrateful becuase of the way they showed it in this particular circumstance and especially since he floated over on a !@#$ing raft to escape that place he "loved so much." By your dumbassed logic, I should attend my friend's Seder in a few weeks and talk about Christ being nailed to the cross when the time comes to discuss the religious part of the dinner. The hosts cant get upset. right? Im a Catholic and just expressing "the religion I love", right?

Edited by RkFast

YOU DUMMY...all three examples I posted ACTUALLY HAPPENNED at sporting events that involved the US and Mexico.

But riddle me this....

Why is it when "they" do it, its just "prideful nationalism" but when "we" do it, its "racist?"

Come on, big guy...take a crack at that one....

Because they were both American high schools. If they had been playing a school from Mexico it would be a different story. Please tell me you're not serious with that question.

So? They're Cuban. Born and raised. Being Cuban doesn't mean you love Communism or love Castro, anymore than being American means you love Barack Obama or take Barney Frank up the chute.

You imply that they're ungrateful because they still love where they come from. I still root for the !@#$ing BILLS and SABRES despite the fact that WNY politics is probably the closest thing to communism in the U.S.

Stop taking every symbol as some kind of personal affront. It's pathetic.

Where I live on the fith of may there are Mexican flags everywhere since it's a Mexican holiday. Local businesses even put them up. I don't feel offended by that as long as they aren't putting them above American flags or are using it to demean the United States. It's just a symbol of ethnic pride. (or in the case here, an excuse to get drunk) I don't think he gets that.

He must have a shitfit on St. Patties day.

I said INVOLVED US vs Mexico.

One yeah...becuase youre NOT a one trick pony, Mr. "I dont vote for candidates from either party and Ill critique those who do while cowardly refusing to acknowledge who I DO vote for."

I didnt say they ungrateful becuase they love where they come from. I said they are ungrateful becuase of the way they showed it in this particular circumstance and especially since he floated over on a !@#$ing raft to escape that place he "loved so much." By your dumbassed logic, I should attend my friend's Seder in a few weeks and talk about Christ being nailed to the cross when the time comes to discuss the religious part of the dinner. The hosts cant get upset. right? Im a Catholic and just expressing "the religion I love", right?

By your dumbass logic to high schools in a basketball game equals a US vs Mexico sporting event. Seriously, either re-watch the video or stop posting crap that makes you look like a fool.

Such a silly thread. The way it should have been handled is when the more tanned kids started calling them "Alamo Whites" then they should have just called them "Edison Browns". That would have taken all the racial tones out of it.

Where I live on the fith of may there are Mexican flags everywhere since it's a Mexican holiday. Local businesses even put them up. I don't feel offended by that as long as they aren't putting them above American flags or are using it to demean the United States. It's just a symbol of ethnic pride. (or in the case here, an excuse to get drunk) I don't think he gets that.

The funny part is that Cinco de Mayo really isn't celebrated in Mexico. One of their states celebrates it (where the battle took place). It's more of an American holiday than it is a Mexican.

<br />The funny part is that Cinco de Mayo really isn't celebrated in Mexico. One of their states celebrates it (where the battle took place). It's more of an American holiday than it is a Mexican.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Is Mexican Independence Day like the 16th of September or something? Is that their national holiday?