Thoughts...

Alaska Darin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lechler is a great punter but his net is less than a yard better than Moorman's and he has nearly TWICE as many touchbacks as Moorman despite having less punts.  Moorman has been as good as any punter since Ray Guy, in my estimation.  That's lofty company.

180634[/snapback]

Well, Lechler has 4 less punts, 6 more touchbacks and yet 5 MORE inside the 20 than Moorman. Like I said, I think Moorman is better, but it's pretty even. I was at the Bills/AZ game which was the worst weather game I have ever been at, and it was, without question, the best punting exhibition I have ever seen live. When Moorman hit 5 punts in a row from around his goal line. straight into the unbelievable wind, and ALL were fair caught or stopped immediately on the other side of the 50, I was completely blown away.

Yes, because having the number six field goal kicker in the league has been a bit of a problem for us this year.

180651[/snapback]

The guy is a bust outside of 40 yards. Cost us more than a few points this year. An upgrade is needed.

Ummmm...Cliff Notes please. ;)

There's something to complain about. Lechler in the Pro Bowl instead of Moorman? Ridiculous. I almost thought they set up that fake punt yesterday with the hopes of the pass being completed and Moorman getting some primetime props...maybe even some recognition for being snubbed.

180589[/snapback]

Oakland's punter had a good year. And for obvious reasons, the NFL wants all teams to have a representative in the Pro bowl game.

Bill's fans had a few All-Pro's to root for in the dead years of the '70's, too. :)

He missed THREE FIELD GOALS THIS YEAR! He cost us NINE freakin' points! What in hell are you talking about?

180668[/snapback]

How many has he made outside of 40 yards? We wont even attempt a long field goal unless it's toward the end of the half. Sorry if that upsetes you, Mrs Lindell.

How many has he made outside of 40 yards? We wont even attempt a long field goal unless it's toward rhe end of the half. Sorry if that upsetes you, Mrs Lindell.

180673[/snapback]

And how many has he MADE? I've seen him kick two 48 yarders, both of which were taken off the board. His long for the year is a 43. And there is not a single game the entire season that was lost by the Bills because Lindell missed a long kick or couldn't make one.

But if you don't like him, you don't like him. At least have a viable reason for not liking him.

And how many has he MADE? I've seen him kick two 48 yarders, both of which were taken off the board. His long for the year is a 43. And there is not a single game the entire season that was lost by the Bills because Lindell missed a long kick or couldn't make one.

But if you don't like him, you don't like him. At least have a viable reason for not liking him.

180678[/snapback]

Well he lost us one game with his leg(wasnt the only reason we lost the game but one of).....and that was the opener

He missed the 42 yard FG in the 1st half then MM had no confidence for him to put us up by 7 from 49 yards out....So we punted, and netted 13 yards in Field position

Yes, because having the number six field goal kicker in the league has been a bit of a problem for us this year.

180651[/snapback]

Of course, his longest FG is 43 yards. That's also his only field goal longer than 40 yards. That's also one of his only two attempts outside 40 yards (the other one...a 43-yard miss).

So he's the number six in the league. He should be, considering he's not being asked to kick anything longer than 43 yards. Personally, I think a pro kicker should at least inspire enough confidence so that his coaches will occasionally ask him to try a kick outside of 45 yards if the occasion calls for it.

180678[/snapback]

My reason is simple really. No confidence in his ability to make a fieldgoal outside of 40 yards. Other than that...

Guest BackInDaDay
I don't give a crap how he actually plays in the goddamn games!

180660[/snapback]

;) Sorry, but that's neither fair, or balanced. :)

If Posey's spot was upgraded next season I wouldn't complain either. Not that I don't like him but he clearly isn't in 59 or 51's league. Barlow zipped right by him on one nice run he had.

180594[/snapback]

Damn near broke both of Posey's ankles. We could use an upgrade there.

Lechler is a great punter but his net is less than a yard better than Moorman's and he has nearly TWICE as many touchbacks as Moorman despite having less punts. 

180634[/snapback]

That should be "despite having fewer punts." Anyway, there is a lot to consider when trying to say who is the "best" at punting. Factor in weather conditions and where the punter is actually punting from makes a difference that is tough to read in the stats. As the Pro Bowl isn't necessarily about being the "best" (it's done by human votes after all) I understand the rationale given about "giving it to" Oakland's punter to give Oakland a participant. It would be interesting to see how the voting turned out...

Yet another person that the GM's of the Wall wanted to run out of town when his leg "died" in the middle of his first season (after having played NFLE)... ;)

Jerry Gray just signed an extension. If I team wanted to make him a head coach, would they have to give the Bills compensation?

180637[/snapback]

No, because it's an upward move. In fact, he could be stolen away by a team willing to make him assistant HC & DC because that would be considered an upward move.

Well, Lechler has 4 less punts, 6 more touchbacks and yet 5 MORE inside the 20 than Moorman. Like I said, I think Moorman is better, but it's pretty even. I was at the Bills/AZ game which was the worst weather game I have ever been at, and it was, without question, the best punting exhibition I have ever seen live. When Moorman hit 5 punts in a row from around his goal line. straight into the unbelievable wind, and ALL were fair caught or stopped immediately on the other side of the 50, I was completely blown away.

180648[/snapback]

That may have been the greatest punting performance I've ever seen. Though because it was punting I may have done a complete memory dump. ;)