Thoughts...

Alaska Darin

Yet another person that the GM's of the Wall wanted to run out of town when his leg "died" in the middle of his first season (after having played NFLE)...  ;)

180700[/snapback]

I had the pleasure of watching Moorman the following Training Camp and was blown away by his practice kicks. All of them were over 70 yards from the spot he released them and each was well over 4 seconds (unscientific timing) in the air. It was an awesome display.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, because it's an upward move.  In fact, he could be stolen away by a team willing to make him assistant HC & DC because that would be considered an upward move.

180707[/snapback]

The Bills could hold him to his contract, no? They would never stand in his way as it would be the worst possible PR move they could make, but they could hold him to his contract couldn't they? Again, it will never happen, but couldn't it?

Not to take anything away from Moorman, who has been fantastic this year, and one of the Bills MVP's, but Lechler has had a great year, and the stats are very comparable.

180627[/snapback]

Lechler does not punt in the swirly winds in RWS, Moorman does for 8 games

in a season....plus Moorman has to punt in other swirling places like

Giant stadium and Gillete field.

The Bills could hold him to his contract, no?  They would never stand in his way as it would be the worst possible PR move they could make, but they could hold him to his contract couldn't they?  Again, it will never happen, but couldn't it?

180721[/snapback]

No, they can't hold him to a contract if another team offers him an upward move.

Of course, his longest FG is 43 yards.  That's also his only field goal longer than 40 yards.  That's also one of his only two attempts outside 40 yards (the other one...a 43-yard miss). 

So he's the number six in the league.  He should be, considering he's not being asked to kick anything longer than 43 yards.  Personally, I think a pro kicker should at least inspire enough confidence so that his coaches will occasionally ask him to try a kick outside of 45 yards if the occasion calls for it.

180688[/snapback]

I'd disagree with you, but I'd probably be wrong.

1.  Lawyer Milloy is playing at an incredibly high level and it is having a HUGE effect on his secondary teammates.     

180579[/snapback]

I have to believe that the presence of a solid cover guy at FS is giving him more room to play ball the way he wants to. We moved up a notch in the quality of our D when Vincent took up with Milloy as our safety tandem. We'll get to test that out next week with Maddox, a guy who will throw balls at our safeties in play action.

And how many has he MADE? I've seen him kick two 48 yarders, both of which were taken off the board. His long for the year is a 43. And there is not a single game the entire season that was lost by the Bills because Lindell missed a long kick or couldn't make one.

But if you don't like him, you don't like him. At least have a viable reason for not liking him.

180678[/snapback]

It has been nice seeing a few kickoffs into the end zone, and many inside the 10 yard line. I was getting very ill watching the line drives to the twenty yard line from previous years!

signed Mrs. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Lindell

;):)

1.  Lawyer Milloy is playing at an incredibly high level and it is having a HUGE effect on his secondary teammates.  Witness Kevin Thomas' sack/FF.  It looked so much like a Milloy play (setup the blocker and then scrape off just in time to reach the QB) that I actually thought it WAS the LAW on the play.   

2.  Mularkey as a HC has come a LONG way since early in the season in his game management.  Witness the Drew fumble (which WAS a fumble) late in the first half on the drive that put the dagger in the Niners.  Get them to the line and snap the damn ball, making the replay moot.  Led to a TD.  I ripped him earlier in the year (against the Pats) for not having the team prepared to do just that.  Kudos.

3.  Drew is playing with a TON of confidence.  That doesn't mean he's playing great (he isn't) but he's playing alot better than he has in quite some time.  I'm still concerned about his pocket awareness but even that is significantly improved from earlier in the season.  Sam Wyche is obviously having an effect and I'm curious to see what that means over an offseason.

4.  Jerry Gray probably isn't going to get a HC offer this offseason and that's not fair - but it's great for us.  The turnaround of this defense is complete now, with their ballhawking skills FINALLY changing to the good.  I'm sure some of it has to do with the personnel changes and the unselfish move by Troy Vincent to the safety position but it's impressive nonetheless.

5.  It's amazing how bounces go when you're playing with confidence and the other team isn't.

6.  Sam Adams is AWESOME but Pat Williams is just as important in the scheme of this defense.  PW's ability to anchor the middle by himself allows Sam to freelance more and make plays.  It was really entertaining to watch Pat toss a woof here and there at the Niners because he was killing them all by himself.

7.  Jeff Posey's penalty was a crock, as was Lee Evans'.  LE's was even worse considering the LBer hit him out of bounds AT LEAST 20 yards after the whistle blew.  Oh, and BTW refs:  When they hit our QB in the head and our RB 3 yards out of bounds, those are penalties.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  inconsistant NFL officials.

8.  Lee Evans is everything I thought he was going to be.  His reception on the out that Drew got whacked in the grill was spectacular despite how easy he made it look.  I look forward to watching him making defenses sick for a LONG time.

9.  TKO is playing out of his head and right now there isn't a running back in this league who is going to block him one on one with much success.  Bengals fans who think he's overrated know as much about football as Mike Brown.  It's very obvious that TKO and London are watching alot of film together.  Jeff Posey may be in the meeting but he's eating wheat marshmallows or something.  I won't be sad if he's not around next season.

10.  Josh Stamer's  INT yesterday was great.  That guy has been lights out on special teams this season and it was nice to see him make a play on regular defense.

11.  Sam Aiken is a PHYSICAL football player.  He's out of his head on special teams coverage and is our best blocking WR.

12.  We desperately need a tight end (big shock).  Euhus and Campbell are Pro Bowlers compared to what we had yesterday.  I think Euhus is going to be a good one but his penchant for being injured (he's blown out both knees) is a concern.

13.  The biggest reason for this turnaround is field position, a battle we've been losing with great consistancy for 3 seasons.  Defensive turnovers and excellent special teams can really hide slow starting offenses.

14.  It's nice to see directional punting return to the NFL.  A big  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  to anyone who thinks Shane Lechler is a better punter than Moorman.  Oh and BTW Joe Burns, if you don't stop dropping first down passes that are RIGHT TO YOU, you're going to find yourself selling insurance.  That's twice.

15.  How'd you like to be standing across the field facing Bobby April right now?  Good luck with that.  Question for rules afficiandos: Are Lineman allowed to be downfield when the QB (in this case Moorman) has left of the pocket?  I've always thought they were.

180579[/snapback]

Man were did you get the material for this post? Great post this team is a good TE, another OLB allowing a good 3 - 4 look every so often, a solid right guard away from taking it beyond the next level. I stayed away from QB discussion becuase teams have shown in last few years ya dont need a great QB just one that doesnt make dumb mistakes etc. I am very pleased with the turn around of Drew that this coaching staff has created but really want to see a true camp battle.

Man were did you get the material for this post?   

181437[/snapback]

My melon. I try to do it every week but I don't always have time on Mondays and by Tuesday most of my takes have been hit on by the really football smart community we have here.

I'm not looking forward to next year yet. For the first time in awhile, I'm looking forward to week 17 because there might be a week 18!

My melon.  I try to do it every week but I don't always have time on Mondays and by Tuesday most of my takes have been hit on by the really football smart community we have here.

I'm not looking forward to next year yet.  For the first time in awhile, I'm looking forward to week 17 because there might be a week 18!

181442[/snapback]

Agree looking forward to a meaningfull game in Jan and hopefully more. I really think its all up to us because Indy is going to beat Denver but not sure if Jets will lose.

Agree looking forward to a meaningfull game in Jan and hopefully more.  I really think its all up to us because Indy is going to beat Denver but not sure if Jets will lose.

181446[/snapback]

Lord I'm hoping for both. Not that I care who we play when we make the playoffs (beggars who start 0-4/1-5 certainly can't be choosers) but I sure would like to see both the JETS and Denver stay home.