We have 9 draft picks and would like 10

Trent Richardson is going to be the key factor in our trade bait... I still say we end up dealing with the Bengals for the 17 and 21

I think the Bengals would rather have Mark Barron AND Doug Martin.

Trent Richardson is going to be the key factor in our trade bait... I still say we end up dealing with the Bengals for the 17 and 21

our #10 pick value = 1300 points

Cincinnati's picks are: #17 950 pts

#21 800 pts

#53 370 pts

So even Cincy's #17 and #53 equal 1320 pts which is more realistic. That is, if Cincinnati even has any interest in trading. Personally, I think they don't.

Edited by turftoe

our #10 pick value = 1300 points

Cincinnati's picks are: #17 950 pts

#21 800 pts

#53 370 pts

So even Cincy's #17 and #53 equal 1320 pts which is more realistic. That is, if Cincinnati even has any interest in trading. Personally, I think they don't.

I'll tell ya, 3 picks in the top 53 would not suck.

I took it as more meaning, "we always want more draft picks, not less" - dont think it means or signals anything

yep. 1st time I agree with you

I'll tell ya, 3 picks in the top 53 would not suck.

True but is there a bigger drop off in talent from 10 to 17 then say 45 to 65 ? I think the bigger drop off in talent is at the top and alot depends on what happens 1-9. If Luck, Griffin, Claiborne ,Kalil and Blackmon are gone then the next fivepicks get very interesting. Then with Reiff, Martin, DeCastro, Coples, Ingram, Richardson, Tannehill,Mercilus, Brockers, Floyd, Kendall Wright, and Upshaw still in the game (probably missing somebody's favorite here) it may be stretching it to get an elite player at a position you want at #17. I'm Torn between adding picks and getting a (Hopefully) terrific player. 10 to 17 seems like a big drop.

I can see them trading out of the 10 slot and moving down to gain an extra pick. Im always in favor of stockpiling picks.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they trade back. As a matter of fact I really think they should if they get the chance.

No one other than the 2 QB's and Blackmon really stand out as special players in this draft. I don't see the "1st round rated" guys being that much better than guys projected later in the draft.

Guys like Floyd, and Zach Brown make more sense later in the first, and fill big needs.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I took it as more meaning, "we always want more draft picks, not less" - dont think it means or signals anything

Exactly. It's Nixinese and that's all it is.

Nix isn't going to tell the media or fans anything of value or anything you don't know already.

I also wouldn't read a lot into the extra pick comment - he's merely saying you can never have enough picks. Especially considering their philosophy, and their only real chance at making this team relevant again - drafting. You're seeing a lot more teams going that route lately, because it's just becoming obvious, the only way to keep a team good without losing a lot of consistency is by drafting and keeping the developed players (Green Bays model comes to mind as a recent example).

Anyway, I'd bet Nix would trade down if the guys he really wanted weren't there at 10. I mean, there are probably only a handful of players projected to be there that could be predicted as being real pro-bowl potentials.

I'm keeping in mind this is the first year with Whaley having a whole season to prepare for the draft, and the whole group - a group that is really quite respectable - that are doing the scouting and even the Free Agency.

This is the year Nix and Whaley and Gailey make the moves to solidify a competitive team. They're gearing up for it. They're rolling over the unspent cap, they're trying to sign their own, and they've got a plan in place.

For me, this is the most exciting time of the year, football-wise, as I've come to be so let down by December...

Cincy's #17 and #53 equal 1320 pts which is more realistic.

It works for both teams. Cincy gets #1 RB and a great CB.

Bills still get Ingram plus two players in RD 2.

1 10 Cincinnati Trent Richardson RBF Alabama P2

1 17 Buffalo Melvin Ingram OLB34 South Carolina P1

1 21 Cincinnati Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama P1

2 42 Buffalo Alshon Jeffery WRF South Carolina P3

2 53 Buffalo Bobby Wagner OLB43 Utah State P2

3 74 Buffalo Brian Linthicum TE Michigan State P3

4 105 Buffalo Matt McCants OT UAB P3

4 124 Buffalo Malik Jackson DE43 Tennessee

5 137 Buffalo Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State P4

5 139 Buffalo Chris Rainey WRS Florida P4

6 169 Buffalo DeQuan Menzie CB Alabama P4

7 199 Buffalo Jeff Fuller WRP Texas A&M P4

7 229+ Buffalo Matt Reynolds OT BYU P4

Edited by Astrobot

I think the Bengals would rather have Mark Barron AND Doug Martin.

On the other hand, they might be satisfied with Mark Martin and Doug Barron.

True but is there a bigger drop off in talent from 10 to 17 then say 45 to 65 ? I think the bigger drop off in talent is at the top and alot depends on what happens 1-9. If Luck, Griffin, Claiborne ,Kalil and Blackmon are gone then the next fivepicks get very interesting. Then with Reiff, Martin, DeCastro, Coples, Ingram, Richardson, Tannehill,Mercilus, Brockers, Floyd, Kendall Wright, and Upshaw still in the game (probably missing somebody's favorite here) it may be stretching it to get an elite player at a position you want at #17. I'm Torn between adding picks and getting a (Hopefully) terrific player. 10 to 17 seems like a big drop.

To me and my still early and superficial evaluation, there are only 5 elite prospects in this year's draft… Luck, Griffin, Kahlil, Blackmon, and Claiborne.

After that it seems like there's a bunch of guys that aren't separated by very much.

Cedric Benson is 29 and was a 1,000 yard rusher last year. Not sure they'll be shopping for RB's so high up

You haven't been paying attention.

Cedric Benson is a free agent and it's being treated as a foregone conclusion that he won't be back in Cinci.

Publicly both sides have moved on.