QB Ryan Tannehill to Bills at #10 ??

papazoid

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last years #10 overall averaged $3 mil/yr.......Thigpen's salary is $3 mil/year.

Actually Thigpen signed a 3-year, $11 million contract making his annual average $3.67 million per… so the Bills would be paying their first rounder less than they pay Thiggy.

If Manning signs in Denver, that could spell trouble for Denver. Elway declared Tebow to be his guy, so if he cuts ot trades him, who will trust him?

From the very start, Elway's support of Tebow has been lukewarm at best.

His most recent comment was that Tebow would enter training camp as the starter, again a less than ringing endorsement.

I wouldn't hate Ryan tannehill at 10. I have no idea how we can be comfortable with havin only Fitz (who played horribly down the stretch and worries more about his facial hair) at qb this year. Also, his supposed rib injury is no excuse. Thigpen may be te worst backup in the league and tannehill would be good to build for the future.

Bills are not going to go after a QB at 10 mainly because they have so many other glaring needs! They just paid Fitz to be the starter and want to get another reciever to throw to. Plus they need a DE, LB etc. Using a number 10 pick on a QB would be a waste because he will be sitting for awhile behind Fitz.

Edited by BillsfaninSteelerCountry

Washington's blockbuster deal's domino effect will further invigorate the chase of Manning -- Denver, Arizona and Kansas City are front-runners, with Miami in the mix, according to a league source. The deal also will lead to the enhancement in draft status of Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill, as well as the allure of free agent Matt Flynn.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82781141/article/ramsredskins-trade-impacts-more-than-just-teams-involved?module=HP11_cp

the Bills have been close to drafting a QB in the first round in each of the last two years. in 2010 they almost moved up to get Tim Tebow and last year in 2011 would have taken Cam Newton at #3 overall if he was there......is 2012 the year ??

Ranked #11 overall by NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-02-21/nfl-draft-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-top-64/53191320/1

Tannehill waits for chance to prove he's top 10 material:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d82737021/article/tannehill-waits-for-chance-to-prove-hes-top-10-material?module=HP11_content_stream

We Live and die by Fitz right now. 6 yr 60 million says so and if this front office drafts Tannehill with pick 10 I will fly up to Buffalo and kick the everloving s#$t out of Buddy Nix to where when he wakes up he'll have a northern accent

Texas A&M held its pro day Wednesday, but quarterback Ryan Tannehill will not work out until March 28, he is still recovering from foot surgery.

Scouts Inc ranks him #13

NFLDraftScout ranks him #11

Gil Brandt ranks him #7

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d827522a3/article/hot-100-poe-flies-up-the-board-after-dazzling-combine-showing

Texas A&M held its pro day Wednesday, but quarterback Ryan Tannehill will not work out until March 28, he is still recovering from foot surgery.

Scouts Inc ranks him #13

NFLDraftScout ranks him #11

Gil Brandt ranks him #7

http://www.nfl.com/d...combine-showing

Talleywhacker has a boo boo foot?

If Manning signs in Denver, that could spell trouble for Denver. Elway declared Tebow to be his guy, so if he cuts ot trades him, who will trust him?

If they sign manning, they should move Tebow to tight end. That would be amazing. Tebow would hate it, but he would deal with it. I think that would work out well for them.

This isn't a serious question, right?

Trust? He's an NFL GM. This isn't the Boys & Girls club team. It's professional sports.

NO WAY do the Bills draft any QB at #10 or in rounds 2 and 3...

He is a one year wonder... Only has 9 inch hands which are too small for a QB... Remember QB Clauson? He had small hands... It would be nice if the Bills draft a QB in the later rounds, who they can develop. But even then it is not a real hot need in this years draft... I am sure Buddy knows what he is doing ... I like the feel of what is going on right now with Buddy Nix in charge with a lot of money to spend... Between him, Gailey and Whaley the football part of the operation of this team is in good hands...

Tannehill and Stephon Gilmore are pick #42 and #43 in DraftTek's next mock draft. If that's the choice, I'd take Gilmore in the blink of an eye. Tannehill is 2 years away from starting in the NFL, while Gilmore is slightly superior to Williams in ability. Byrd-Searcy-Williams-Gilmore back there will be among the elite.

That would not be wise, IMHO.

Of all the things I don't know, of this one thing I am certain - as an NFL QB, Luck will SUCK!!!

Trading away the opportunity to draft multiple quality players at positions of need, just to draft RGIII and hope he'll be a star, is just dumb - look for him to end up in Washington.

With the possible exception of OSU's Brandon Weeden (to the Dolphins), no other QBs - including Tannenhill - will be drafted in round one. Fitz is our QB in 2012. Period.

Arizona's Nick Foles (6'5", 245 lbs.) had a sub-par performance at the combine - might be worth a look in round 6 as a 'developmental' QB...

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

They walk among us. Look at the date on this post. The Senator a.k.a. Mr. Cleo :lol:

They walk among us. Look at the date on this post. The Senator a.k.a. Mr. Cleo :lol:

Thanks, H20 - but rather than claim extreme prescience or psychic powers, I prefer to think of myself more as a 'Patrick Jane' sort of 'Mentalist', with keen powers of observation! :beer:

IMHO this was a highly-predictable trade and, as usual, Dan Snyder has proven why he is among the most incompetent over-spending evaluators of talent - both coaching and playing - that ever owned an NFL franchise!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

I don't know actually I am starting to turn around to the idea of tannehill at 10. I don't know about anyone else but I just don't really like any of the pass rushers up top I would rather take a top wideout/l.t or trade down. I really want to address pass rush in free agency as I see it being a major weak point of this years draft.

So id rather trade the pick for a tannehill suitor and drop back and grab a wideout

the Bills have been close to drafting a QB in the first round in each of the last two years. in 2010 they almost moved up to get Tim Tebow and last year in 2011 would have taken Cam Newton at #3 overall if he was there......is 2012 the year ??

Ranked #11 overall by NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-02-21/nfl-draft-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-top-64/53191320/1

Tannehill waits for chance to prove he's top 10 material:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d82737021/article/tannehill-waits-for-chance-to-prove-hes-top-10-material?module=HP11_content_stream

We are rebuilding not restocking. We need guys that will play this year and a 1st round pick should be a day 1 starter. Getting a QB to groom on the bench when we have several starters at other positions that need to be gotten rid of or moved to the bench is a bad move for a rebuilding team.

Maybe the Giants, the Pats like last year, the Packers and a few other teams could afford to take the 3rd best QB obviously much later in the 1st round, to put on the bench and groom but we can't. We have holes to fix now and try to make a push for the play offs.

Like it or not Fitz has the full support of the owner, the GM, the coach and his team including his #1 WR SJ. Like it or not it's Fitz's team and it won't change. We need to put a couple pieces around him on offense like a healthy LT and a #1/#2 WR. All other resources need to be spent fixing our putrid defense.

Edited by PDaDdy