QB Ryan Tannehill to Bills at #10 ??

papazoid

Cosell: Tannehill throws on the run better than Luck or Griffin

With talk around the NFL that Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill could be drafted as high as fourth overall to the Browns, more analysts are talking up Tannehill’s tape. And Greg Cosell of NFL Films has offered up an assessment that gives plenty of reason to like Tannehill’s chances of going very high in next month’s NFL draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/cosell-tannehill-throws-on-the-run-better-than-luck-or-griffin/

If Barkley and Landry Jones declared, this guy won't even be considered a 1st rounder. Good for him for declaring and making money, but I'm not that impressed. Especially when a guy named Jerrod Johnson put up better stats in the same system. Johnson went undrafted.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosell: Tannehill throws on the run better than Luck or Griffin

With talk around the NFL that Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill could be drafted as high as fourth overall to the Browns, more analysts are talking up Tannehill’s tape. And Greg Cosell of NFL Films has offered up an assessment that gives plenty of reason to like Tannehill’s chances of going very high in next month’s NFL draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/cosell-tannehill-throws-on-the-run-better-than-luck-or-griffin/

I'm not a Tannehill supporter so this article scares for a couple of reasons.

Cosell has some concerns about Tannehill... a tendency to lock his front leg as he delivers the ball

This screams a knee injury waiting to happen

Cosell says Tannehill compares favorably to last year’s 12th overall pick, Christian Ponder

who the Bills loved

At this point, he would be best in a quick-rhythm, short-to-intermediate passing game

which we run

If the Bills take him I will root like hell that he turns out great but I just don't see it. If Barkley had come out this year Tannehill would not be rated this high and there wouldn't be this lovefest for him imo. He doesn't seem to have the "it" factor to me. I will be hoping he is off the clock before the Bills pick for 2 reasons. 1. I don't think he's very good and 2. It will push someone better down to our pick.

If Barkley and Landry Jones declared, this guy won't even be considered a 1st rounder. Good for him for declaring and making money, but I'm not that impressed. Especially when a guy named Jerrod Johnson put up better stats in the same system. Johnson went undrafted.

I do have to agree that we wouldn't even be talking Tannehill, if Barkley had declared. I am not a huge Landry Jones fan though.

Jerrod Johnson played 3 ranked teams in 2010 at A&M and he was 0-3. Tannehill played three ranked teams, including 2 top ten teams, and was 2-1. Johnson's passes wobbled even more than Tebow's, and while I've been critical of Tannehill of making bad judgments, Jerrod Johnson was much worse at making mistakes. I'm not saying Tannehill should be a first rounder, but I am saying there is no comparison between Tannehill and Johnson as to who throws a better ball. Johnson started 2 1/2 years to Tannehill's 1 1/2, so there's the explanation for Johnson having his number advantage over Tannehill.