Kirk Morrison

aussiebills

i'm all for it. bring in a ton of people and have a big competition to try to get three good starters who are good at their craft and have some capeable backups waiting to pitch in when the starters need a breather, the scheme calls for different skillsets, or the inevitabl injury bug hits.

Kirk has been kind of an unknown for us. When we got him there were had some good words to be said and nice enough stats if i recall. smart solid strong. I read that Stache said he played late last year more and did well. I had heard/read he would be good backup to Shepp and also in contention for the strong side starter. I saw a couple of his plays and i thought he could play but never focused on him as a Bill. He was no where to be seen early on. I imagine alot of players will grade up with offseason this year and i think we can keep him without too much cap pain.

you sure? i did watch the games. Was he playing goal line or something? :)

He played special teams and the rare mop up duty including a sack vs Washington. He didn't get many meaningful defensive reps but that's because he was backing up Barnett and sheppard. He is not a 34 OLB but he is a fit outside in the 43 IMO

This is another thing of Roto World, Wany wants him back and he may compete for the starting Strong Side backer or back up Sheppard

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3289&line=227991&spln=1

it would be wise to keep him as we need all the 43 LBs we can get.

That sure would be nice for our switch over. When i read up on him after we got him i figured him to be a run plugger in the 3-4.

It would be nice if we already have a guy suited to play strong side since we know Nick and Shepp have their positions already announced by Dave Wannstache and then can look to improve through the draft!

That was what confused me. He was talked up preety good at one point. is he a secret weapon of sorts? or part of the reason we have decided 4-3 is the new look. Because we have the players to pull it off besides a few key ingredients?

That was what confused me. He was talked up preety good at one point. is he a secret weapon of sorts? or part of the reason we have decided 4-3 is the new look. Because we have the players to pull it off besides a few key ingredients?

Yea - it was 2-3 years ago he was a hot name as an rfa target around the league. Then just fell off the face of the earth. It was strange how quick it all changed for his career. I didn't see much since Oakland but what changed? He was a 100+ tackle, good pass defender, mediocre year in jville then benched here?

Edited by NoSaint