Alex Van Pelt joining Packers...

markgbe

I noticed Tom Clements, former Bills OC, is now the Packers OC.

Curious how our trash becomes treasure for others.

If that wasn't the case, every coach would have a job in the same place, unless he died, retired, or decided himself, to move on. Every coach gets fired...

If that wasn't the case, every coach would have a job in the same place, unless he died, retired, or decided himself, to move on. Every coach gets fired...

I think the point to his post was how they are considered trash to everyone when they are here, then they go out sign with other teams and have success like Fewell and Gilbride for example.

I noticed Tom Clements, former Bills OC, is now the Packers OC.

Curious how our trash becomes treasure for others.

He was just promoted to OC.

He was their QB coach last season. He is not yet 'treasure for others'

He was just promoted to OC.

He was their QB coach last season. He is not yet 'treasure for others'

Additionally they won't be using Clements playbook, he won't be calling plays, and he has all the talent in the world on that roster- so let's tread lightly on comparisons between situations.

I think the point to his post was how they are considered trash to everyone when they are here, then they go out sign with other teams and have success like Fewell and Gilbride for example.

How bout Turk Schonert? He was a gem... :thumbsup:

Thanks! That was the point. Just seems like a lot of both coaches and players we've been more-than-happy to jettison have gone on to have success elsewhere.

Admittedly, I was among those happy to see both Clements and Gilbride say goodbye.

Just seems like a lot of both coaches and players we've been more-than-happy to jettison have gone on to have success elsewhere.

I do not think that many coaches jettisoned by the Bills have gone on to have that much success.

Kevin Gilbride is Kevin Gilbride. He can put together a very good offense and at the same time drive you crazy, ask Buddy Ryan.

Aside from Gilbride, none of Buffalo's offensive coordinators have had any real success elsewhere since the superbowl era.

Perry Fewell coordinated a defense that ranked 27th in yards allowed last year.

Jerry Gray's Titans ranked 18th in yards allowed and missed the play-offs.

Aside from those two 'successful' coordinators, none of Buffalo's defensive coordinators have had any real success elsewhere since Ted Cotrell.

I think coaches learn from their mistakes and get better from job to job. You have to factor that in when looking at coaches at new places. Especially 10 years later. They get better after learning what not to do. Or after coming into contact with other coaches and picking up some new good techniques.

By everyone you mean everyone except the few of us who are ridiculed for suggesting that QB and pass-rushers dwarf coordinators in importance by a mile.

I do not think that many coaches jettisoned by the Bills have gone on to have that much success.

Kevin Gilbride is Kevin Gilbride. He can put together a very good offense and at the same time drive you crazy, ask Buddy Ryan.

Aside from Gilbride, none of Buffalo's offensive coordinators have had any real success elsewhere since the superbowl era.

Perry Fewell coordinated a defense that ranked 27th in yards allowed last year.

Jerry Gray's Titans ranked 18th in yards allowed and missed the play-offs.

Aside from those two 'successful' coordinators, none of Buffalo's defensive coordinators have had any real success elsewhere since Ted Cotrell.

funny how you mention Ted Cottrell

he was the worst of the bunch and got fired from 4 different teams

Wade Phillips was the last OC or DC worth a damn