If Evans gets cut do you want him back

ALLEN1QB

No I wouldn't want him back. I would rather develop the young receivers we have and also develop the young receiver I expect us to draft. Say what you want to about the Nix regime, but they got value for a guy who only lasted 1 season on his new team, made zero impact, and cost them a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

From Lee Evans standpoint, why would you come back to Buffalo after they gave him away?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Baltimore cuts Evans would anyone like to see him back in Buffalo?

Not sure how to insert one of those voting things. I would like to see what the majority says. If anyone has the time please do one.

If they cut him and we pick him up cool.

He just better not drop any more TD passes. :blush:

We had no speed after Donald Jones who wasn't that good and parrish who is too fragile went down. Why not. He had a year in the offense and knows the team and organization. Unless we are going to get a Vincent Jackson, Dwane Bowe or Marques Colston why not? Torrey Smith came on in Baltimore since Lee was hurt basically all year and Lee was expendable. I never was able to figure out the hate for a class act and good guy. He would come really cheap.

I think he'd be worth a camp invite to compete for the #4 WR simply because of his speed. If we can re-sign SJ13 AND one of the other FA receivers...I'm intrigued by Meachem's combo of size & speed....have Nelson as the #3 then let Evans, D. Jones, Easly and a later round draft pick fight for the #4, 5 & possibly 6, we'd have a decent group. That Aiken kid showed a little promise in the preseason last year too. I do think we need to carry 6 WRs as well since Chan likes to run so many 4 wide sets. CJ is not a WR. I'm not ready to count on a rookie WR to come in and make an impact unless we can somehow get Blackmon and I think I have a better chance at winning the mega millions than the Bills do of landing him. Maybe Stevie can teach Lee how to run another route besides the go route.

I heard one of the football talking heads on FOX sports radio, last night, speculating, should Evans become a free-agent, he may end up playing for his childhood favorite, Celveland Browns.

Playing with RG3 huh, that could be good for him. Almost zero chance he will be back with the Bills.

That trade everyone was complaining about certainly looks genius now... Of course those guys will never admit it.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Playing with RG3 huh, that could be good for him. Almost zero chance he will be back with the Bills.

That trade everyone was complaining about certainly looks genius now... Of course those guys will never admit it.

Hey, just because he got injured and didn't do a single thing for the Ravens even when he was able to play doesn't mean the same thing would've happened if the Bills had kept him! After all, look at all the injuries the Bills had to their receiving corps - wouldn't it have been nice to have Evans around?

Yeah, that line of argument made my head hurt. And I was against the trade, too, but I don't see how anyone can deny that the Bills came out ahead.

If Baltimore cuts Evans would anyone like to see him back in Buffalo?

Not sure how to insert one of those voting things. I would like to see what the majority says. If anyone has the time please do one.

Yes, with no other team in the bidding I would offer him about 2.2M per. - marv