Lets Talk Free Agency

Is anyone else sick of people on this forum bringing up people that haven't had starter worthy season since bush was still in his first term? Thats an exaggeration but seriously. Lets get guys who are in their prime NOW. Pair one with stevie and you will be surprised that it actually works instead of a thin ****ty bandaid that has blood spilling out after 2 games. It is time to get permanent fixes NOW. Im sick of waiting we have the pieces, we need a few more. Sure there big but they are attainable. Lets actually do this for once.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking around at some possible URFA this year (besides the obvious V Jackson & D Bowe) & picking up a good FA from Dallas last year i saw that one of there WR that had 2 good years with the Boys may be let go via FA .

Laurent Robinson finished his first year with 54 catches for 858 yds receiving , 11 td's & in his second year he picked up 63 catches for 928 yds & 9 td's according to ESPN there might be a good chance that the Cowboys let this guy walk come FA time .

Robinson said he would like to stay in Dallas even if they weren't the highest bidder, but with the Bills looking for a good #2 to Stevie & possibly some one that wouldn't break the bank , could he be another find like Scott Chandler ? I hope that Nix & company have their eyes on this guy .

It wouldn't surprise me because according to the article on ESPN sight the Cowboys picked him up from the Chargers so Buddy may already have him in his sights with that kind of production if he does know Buddy , Buddy may be able to talk him into coming to B-Lo to be another part to put our Bills over the top !!!

So what do you all think do you know any more about this guy ??

Edited by T master

If you think Nix and the Pro Personnel are so outstanding and Pears is a solid RT, how does it explain Nix's signing Cornell Green? I wouldn't give him that much credit with their spotty record in unrestricted free agency. Pears is on his 4th NFL team since entering the league in 2005, so he's no slam dunk starter. Pass protection is pretty easy when your QB has thrown the ball less than two seconds after the snap.

Cornell Green actually played really well at RT for us when he first came here. The problems started with the FO traded Peters and moved Green to LT. Green knew he was not capable of playing the position. He said as much. But he was forced into it and did his best, which ultimately was not good enough. I don't fault him for it and I would have been happy if he stayed and played RT.

Cornell Green actually played really well at RT for us when he first came here. The problems started with the FO traded Peters and moved Green to LT. Green knew he was not capable of playing the position. He said as much. But he was forced into it and did his best, which ultimately was not good enough. I don't fault him for it and I would have been happy if he stayed and played RT.

I think your thinking about Langston Walker.

What people fail to get is that the FO loves Pears.........................or they wouldn't have extended him. Because if they weren't convinced he was thier RT of the next few years, they wouldn't have gave him more money, before his contract was up. Same thing as Kelsay.

They loved Pears so much they desperately tried to sign Tyson Clabo last July. And they were left standing at the altar when he re-signed with Atlanta.

Your history is extremely flawed. Green came in the UFA class of 2010, played 5 games and was cut around mid-season after signing a 3 year 9M contract. Langston Walker was a UFA signing in 2007, played 2 seasons as a RT, then inexplicably was moved to LT before the 2009 season opener (a position he physically was incapable of playing) and was cut to force the cheaper and unproven Demetrius Bell to start.

Walker was cut because the team had already moved Brad Butler to RT, and it would have meant Buffalo would be paying multiple millions to a backup. Sound familiar? Geoff Hangartner also was cut for the same reason: he'd be a decently paid primary backup. Langston Walker and Hangartner, while not great players, were salary purges. Same can be said for Jason Peters.

Pretty solid numbers there on a deep WR roster...I hate to admit it but Ive never heard of him. Good call. I think the Bills franchise Stevie and take a WR in second round...Alshon Jeffery from South Carolina would be great if he is still there...

Pretty solid numbers there on a deep WR roster...I hate to admit it but Ive never heard of him. Good call. I think the Bills franchise Stevie and take a WR in second round...Alshon Jeffery from South Carolina would be great if he is still there...

I'd be shocked if they franchise Stevie. I think they will get him signed long term but if not, I just don't think he is worth franchise money and they would choose to let him walk and sign a replacement for less than the franchise tag value.

Absolutely CRAZY. The Bills Line is HORRIBLE. Outside of Wood and Levitre there isn't a single player on the roster who should be starting in the NFL. Fitz's quick trigger and short passing game is what made the line look good. Bell is an injury risk, Hariston is a good backup. Pears is awful. They have no depth.

The fact that fans here think the O-Line is fine is shocking. Anyone who really watched them play knows this unit is one of the worst, least talented units on the roster -- and that's saying a lot considering how bad the LB, WR and DB corps are.

O-Line NEEDS to be a priority in the draft AND FA.

YOU are absolutely CRAZY if you think the Bills line is HORRIBLE. I am not going to waste my time explaining this to you though but I will give you a nice write up on the Bills that highlights the O-Line.

And FYI, you make your self look pretty dumb saying this.

Here is the right up. http://www.lockerpulse.com/News/Buffalo-Bills-How-2012-NFL-Draft-and-Free-Agents-Could-Make-Them-Contenders-S2828809/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffalo-Bills

Edited by DukeyBomb