Draft picks at pro bowl

When I was watching the Pro Bowl I noticed that 3 (newton,green,miller) of the top 4 picks were there and Mr. Dareus was not. I know he doesn't play a high profile position but you have to wonder if we might have been better off selecting A.J. Green with our 1st pick. I think that Dareus had a respectable 1st season with the bills and will be a good player for years to come, but would another viable WR threat other than stevie have been what it took to be a contender??? Your Thoughts??

Our run defense was dead last in the NFL last season. Dead last. Dareus was as close to a sure thing as there was in the draft, and our front seven was by far the biggest area of need. Plus, he's shown flashes of being the dominant force that he will no doubt become. This shouldn't even be a question, imo

ehh, these rookies had unbelievable seasons. Now they might become the great players of the future, but they can become victims of the lockout, and the lack of a true offseason. Dareus had a good year as a rookie, in the long run he can be an all-time pro. Not upset with the pick at all.

Our run defense was dead last in the NFL last season. Dead last. Dareus was as close to a sure thing as there was in the draft, and our front seven was by far the biggest area of need. Plus, he's shown flashes of being the dominant force that he will no doubt become. This shouldn't even be a question, imo

Not only was our run defense comparatively horrific compared to the rest of the NFL in 2010, it was one of the worst run defenses in league history. They surrendered more than 200 rushing yards EIGHT TIMES. The 2,714 yards given up over the course of the season is just thirty yards less than what the 0-16 Detroit Lions allowed in 2008.

Counting those Lions, only five other teams since 1985 have given up more rushing yards than the 2010 Bills: the 1985 Oilers, the 1987 Falcons, the 1998 Browns, and (ironically) the Super Bowl champion 2006 Colts.

What it comes down to is the fans !! If we are to lazy to get on the web site & vote for the guys we want in then they won't be there . We had 2 to 4 going but then they got hurt or the season fell apart .

Fitz , Fred ,Wilson & Wood were all in the running for the pro bowl but like i said 2 got hurt & Fitz may have been too from somethings i've read . But i would be willing to bet next year will be a different story !! GO BILLS !!!!!!!

Edited by T master

Id rather have the good player who fixed our biggest weakness, than some fake recognition in the Pro Bowl.

Fixed? :lol: Run stats from '11 and '10

2011- 28th 2224yds 4.8ypc 19tds

2010- 32nd 2714yds 4.8ypc 18tds

Teams had less rushing atts on us this year because they had less offensive plays. 1044 in '10 and 974 in '11 (which means our offense stayed on the field longer). Same ypc and 1 more TD allowed in '11. That's fixed? Bills fans are the best! :thumbsup:

Fixed? :lol: Run stats from '11 and '10

2011- 28th 2224yds 4.8ypc 19tds

2010- 32nd 2714yds 4.8ypc 18tds

Teams had less rushing atts on us this year because they had less offensive plays. 1044 in '10 and 974 in '11 (which means our offense stayed on the field longer). Same ypc and 1 more TD allowed in '11. That's fixed? Bills fans are the best! :thumbsup:

There are still very, very weak links at OLB. Those guys are so pathetic that Dareus can't help them, even being double-teamed most of the time. Replace those guys and we'll be looking at an average run-D in 2012!!! :thumbsup:

Yes, the stats deceive a little bit. In 2010 the league ran right up the middle on us and in 2011, Dareus and Williams were doing a good job of shutting that lane down until Williams got hurt. Even then, I'll bet there were more outside or off-tackle runs in 2011. Brick by brick.

Yes, the stats deceive a little bit. In 2010 the league ran right up the middle on us and in 2011, Dareus and Williams were doing a good job of shutting that lane down until Williams got hurt. Even then, I'll bet there were more outside or off-tackle runs in 2011. Brick by brick.

Thank you. Anyone can find a stat that will back up whatever position they want to take. But if you paid attention during the season, we saw the middle totally shut down.