Buffalo Bills Courting LB Courtney Upshaw and WR Marquis Maze

Sniper

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched the practice today. upshaw and couples looked pretty good. both ahead of ingram. but upshaw blew up a handfull of plays today that i saw and had multiple wins on 1-1 drills with different moves bullrush/rips/speed rushes. coples looked good too

watched the practice today. upshaw and couples looked pretty good. both ahead of ingram. but upshaw blew up a handfull of plays today that i saw and had multiple wins on 1-1 drills with different moves bullrush/rips/speed rushes. coples looked good too

guess we saw different practices then. Ingram got back to the passer every time in pass rush drills and upshaw only outside passed rushed and only got back there once, coples was 50/50.

Upshaw has been having GREAT practices and is stronger than most DE/OLBs. He is a Lamarr Woodley clone, and I've been matching up footage of both of them.

Look out for Buddy Nixon's podcasts/profiles for draft knowledge and how it matter to the Bills.

He had 9.5 sacks and the second most takles for loss in the country. How can you say that he can't rush the passer?

It's not as though he's completely incapable and he's a good all around type player, but his main strength isn't as a pass rusher & there are better pass rushers available in this draft class.

It's not as though he's completely incapable and he's a good all around type player, but his main strength isn't as a pass rusher & there are better pass rushers available in this draft class.

Agree. I do think he will be a great LB, and could rush the passer just fine out of the 3-4, but the Bills may not use that scheme. It's unknown how he would fare as a DE.

Personally I don't think this is a very impressive class of pass rushers overall, unfortunately for the Bills. Hopefully the Bills FO will do their homework and pick the guy that can help us the most. Whether that is Upshaw or someone else.

Maze is a less proven version of Roscoe Parrish...Pass....