A Buffalo team that everyone can cheer for

DrDawkinstein

• 2 weeks later...

On a related note....

Oswego County company makes high-tech equipment that will allow cancer vaccine research

A small company in Oswego County is being credited with developing a clean room device that will allow a Buffalo research center work on a new vaccine designed to kill cancer. BioSpherix Ltd., a company about 44 miles north of Syracuse in Lacona, a small village in the town of Sandy Creek, is making a 70-square-foot clean room in a box that costs about $200,000.

Surprised this isnt getting much attention here. Im sure most of our lives have been touched by this horrible disease in one way or another. Very cool that Buffalo is leading the way to prevention.

The money is in treatment, not cures and prevention.

The money is in treatment, not cures and prevention.

I remember saying this once back in '99 when I first started trading stocks. An old-time trader retorted, "Maybe. But if you had the cure to cancer, you could probably set the price pretty high and folks would pay it." That stuck with me.

I remember saying this once back in '99 when I first started trading stocks. An old-time trader retorted, "Maybe. But if you had the cure to cancer, you could probably set the price pretty high and folks would pay it." That stuck with me.

There is that. It'd be interesting to see, if they got the vaccine down pat and patented it, how long it would take for whatever company that holds the patent to start fighting its patent expiration so that they can keep the price high.

Edited by LeviF91