Joe Philbin is the new Fins Head Coach

FluffHead

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, not formally announced as HC just yet, next week probably

I have to wonder if this is another Cam Cameron type hire as Philbin didn't call the offensive plays, Mike McCarthy did .

While the mans record as OC of the Packers is pretty great, the fact that he didn't call the plays would make me think twice about hiring him to run the entire team. I mean how good can he be if the HC doesn't trust him enough to allow him to call the plays. Then again that Green Bay offense looked downright horrible without Philbin against the NY Giants. (He was off last week due to the death of his son.) So are the Giants that good or was it that the team missed Philbin?

This hire also makes me think that the Dolphins also hope to get back up Packer QB Matt Flynn as well.

BTW, this is the guy who's son died two weeks ago tomorrow… his son's body was fished out of a river.

And since that time (and it was the first time I'd heard of Joe Philbin) I've been wondering if he is any relation to the former AFL star with the New York Jets, Gerry Philbin… who was a great football player and who was a college star at UB.

Regardless it's a bit weird to me that he would pursue an NFL Head Coaching job and that one would be offered to him 13 days after the death of his 21-year-old son.

Not sure what angle they were going for here. Philbin didn't call the plays with the Packers: McCarthy did. If it was to get an in with Flynn, it would make slightly more sense. But they'll probably have to outbid the Redskins for him, and he would need to prove he's the real deal.

well, not formally announced as HC just yet, next week probably

I have to wonder if this is another Cam Cameron type hire as Philbin didn't call the offensive plays, Mike McCarthy did .

While the mans record as OC of the Packers is pretty great, the fact that he didn't call the plays would make me think twice about hiring him to run the entire team. I mean how good can he be if the HC doesn't trust him enough to allow him to call the plays. Then again that Green Bay offense looked downright horrible without Philbin against the NY Giants. (He was off last week due to the death of his son.) So are the Giants that good or was it that the team missed Philbin?

This hire also makes me think that the Dolphins also hope to get back up Packer QB Matt Flynn as well.

No, Philbin was working at the game. They showed him several times up in the coaches' box.

No, Philbin was working at the game. They showed him several times up in the coaches' box.

He was at the game, but he was an assistant coach who doesn't call plays, assistants may help with some gameday adjustments but most of their work is done during the week, which he was not present for

Flynn?? Really??? Everyone is worried about him like he's the next Rodgers? This has Kolb written all.over it. Rodgers is phenomenal as is his WR core. It's 75% him 25% system and Mccarthy ran it. I'm sure philbin is capable but him and the combination of flynn doesn't worry me in the least. They will.be calling for his head in a matter of two weeks down here.

That would suck as I think Flynn is the real deal. They'll be a playoff contender with him. Was really hoping theyd land that mud head Fischer

We are doomed. As soon as the Jets reload (probably before next year) the Jets , Pats AND Phins will all be top ten teams and we will get swept every year. Sucks to be a bills fan.

We are doomed. As soon as the Jets reload (probably before next year) the Jets , Pats AND Phins will all be top ten teams and we will get swept every year. Sucks to be a bills fan.

LOL! Yeah the Jets are reloading and the Dols are headed for greatness with Philbin. Please just leave now.

If they sign Flynn they will probably take Honey Badger in the first and have them both.

I don't know if you put a halt to the trolling here on the main board, but...

As much as "Honey Badger don't care / Honey Badger don't give a stevestojan" Mr. Mathieu still just completed his sophomore season and is not eligible to declare for the NFL until next year if he does decide to leave LSU early.

And while it's natural to think Philbin might want to bring some members of the band with him, it's control-freak Jeff Ireland that makes the ultimate decisions there. He may want to stick with Moore.