Dre Kirkpatrick Busted For Marijuana Possession

H2o

I agree it is a stupid stupid move... BUT, I also dont see his stock dropping much.

I mean, he's a DB. If he was a QB, then yes. But he'll still go in the top 20. He'll wow at the Combine and everyone will forget about this harmless incident.

And he still gets to interview with NFL GM's. He should be fine, as long as Jeff ireland doesn't ask him if his mom was a hooker. :devil:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were talking on the DraftTek board about how far he'll fall on the Big Board. I'd like your opinions.

My thoughts are that he now drops to the #28-42 range, below Dennard for sure and maybe below Janoris Jenkins and Minnifield.

We've also changed 57 players who have decided to return to college and avoid the No Fun League.

At most, the teens. Won't put him behind anyone he's better than, but might be a tiebreaker on guys he's neck and neck with. He will slide just a few spots, maybe 5-10 depending on how need works out for the teams in that area.

At most, the teens. Won't put him behind anyone he's better than, but might be a tiebreaker on guys he's neck and neck with. He will slide just a few spots, maybe 5-10 depending on how need works out for the teams in that area.

There's just such a falloff after Clayborne, Kirkpatrick and Dennard (with Stephon Gilmore the wild card who could shoot up past Jenkins and Minnifield).

Eleven teams --that's right, 11-- have CB as their P1 or P2 need in this draft, so I have to agree. Someone in RD1 is stuck with the doobie. :devil:

Arrested for LESS than 20 grams.

Say beer was to be illegal. That's like being arrested for LESS than a pony keg when you had half a can left.

Of course, he MIGHT have been arrested for 19 grams, who knows. There's a chance, though, that it might have just been a nug in his pocket.

No dateline on the article (shocking), so where and when he was arrested and released could be very telling.

Edited by The Big Cat

Weed will be legal in some states in a few years. If this kid can play, it won't scare anyone off.

PTR

I'll say again it's not what he did but that he's dumb enough to get caught that scares people. The idea of what's his next big idea get him into.

FitzPatrick more than likely didn't cost himself, much, if any money. You all keep forgetting about the rookie salary cap. Since teams aren't investing as much money in these guys, there better able to take chances, because a miss won't hurt your cap, to badly.

AHHHH (whisper) :blush: it's Kirkpatrick we already have Fitz .. :oops:

You could tell by his picture that he was a pot smoker ie loser.

Steve Jobs smoked pot !!!

Big deal... Imagine the weed this guy can buy after he is drafted in th first round!

Seriously does everyone understand what a non issue this is? The guy will get grilled by a few gm's but no one will pass on drafting a shut down corner unless there is a lot more baggage beyond this...

And from the tiny windows we get into these guys lives - being dumb enough not just to be caught but to be caught 3 months before the biggest benchmark/evaluation of your career to date - is a huge red flag that there could be more to worry about.

Could be a simple story that is written off in moments as a simple life quirk - could be from the aqib talib school of predraft drama. At the very least, odds are he wasn't thinking much about his future when everything happened.

Probably not. Unless he has a history of failed drug tests it won't effect him that much. The only thing he has to worry about is not testing positive for it between now and the draft or getting caught with anything else between now and the draft. If he doesn't and he performs well at the combine and pro day he will go in the first 15 like he was always going to.

You think he's the only one scouts/executives in the NFL think bake?

Big deal... Imagine the weed this guy can buy after he is drafted in th first round!

Seriously does everyone understand what a non issue this is? The guy will get grilled by a few gm's but no one will pass on drafting a shut down corner unless there is a lot more baggage beyond this...

Are they willing to take a chance on this guy getting suspended?

Two words: Ricky Williams. The guy practically retired just to smoke weed and they STILL gave him multiple chances.

No ones saying he doesn't get a chance. The point is that risking drooping from 5 to 10 is throwing away millions if dollars for being just plain dumb.

Steve Jobs smoked pot !!!

And he dropped acid as well.

I wonder what he could have done if he didn't.

He probably would have listen to his doctor,gotten proper treatment and he would be getting ready for the launch of the IPAD 3