The Patriots beat 1team with a winning record

1B4IDie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets are 3rd on my hate list in the AFC East and I loath the fat mouthed Jets.

Interesting. I used to live for those games against our divisional rivals. But for several years, my mindset has been that I hope we steal one or two of these contests. I know some others feel the same way, judging by their responses after we beat the Patriots early this year. It was as if they proclaimed the year a success no matter what happened afterward. And that uncertainty became fact as even the Dolphins beat us.

This is a very valid point and it makes me think the game

Is going to be a lot closer than most people think. I see New England pulling it out in the end though, because as good as Baltimore's D is going to be, I'm not sure they can shut down all of New England's offensive weapons. Also I don't have faith that Joe Flacco can shred a very maligned Patriot defense. I'm thinking BB confuses the heck outta him and he turns the ball over resulting in a loss.

Don't worry folks... Our best shot as beating the Patriots are the Giants. They've beaten them at home this year and they have a much better defense that can rush the passer. Also Eli Mamming and crew are healthy and might be able to match Brady point-for-point if need be

This is a very valid point and it makes me think the game

Is going to be a lot closer than most people think. I see New England pulling it out in the end though, because as good as Baltimore's D is going to be, I'm not sure they can shut down all of New England's offensive weapons. Also I don't have faith that Joe Flacco can shred a very maligned Patriot defense. I'm thinking BB confuses the heck outta him and he turns the ball over resulting in a loss.

Don't worry folks... Our best shot as beating the Patriots are the Giants. They've beaten them at home this year and they have a much better defense that can rush the passer. Also Eli Mamming and crew are healthy and might be able to match Brady point-for-point if need be

Expect the Ravens to run Ray Rice down the Pats throat, which will open up Boldin & T. Smith.

Beat only one team with a winning record when they played? Or based on their opponents final record? Seems like the former since that makes a weak argument seem stronger and make it seem like thye beta a bunch of 2-14 teams. The three NFC East teams sans the Redskins were 9-7, 8-8, 8-8. Oakland and Denevr were 8-8. Jets were 8-8. They beats the teams they should beat and obviously are better than an 8-8 team if they beat them all.

Still sticking with what I said in a forum a couple months ago... Pats represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. Many here proclaimed them at best the 4th best in the conference. Our hatred (I'm with everyone) of the Pats can be blinding sometimes as people refuse to see them still as a powerhouse. We hate them so much we talk ourselves into the belief they're not that good as opposed to watching them and seeing how good they really still are.

Regardless of who they played, they dismantled their opponents over the last games by an average score of 36-20. So any questions about them beating bad opponents is erased by how handily they did it (on average, there were a few close ones in there as happens week to week in the NFL).

I thought they'd be challenged in the Supoer Bowl by Green Bay but if the Giants get there, that is the only way the Pats lose.

Anyone who thinks Brady will lose to Flacco or Smith is a joker.

Edited by zonabb

To be fair, they lost 3 games, by 15 total points

Can we use that rationale for the Bills? If so, then the Bills lost 5 games by 7 points or less:

BUF 20/CIN 23

BUF 24/NYG 27

BUF 24/NYJ 28

BUF 17/TEN 23

BUF 23/MIA 30

The Bills lost 5 games by 23 points.

I will give credit where credit is due, the Pats are a very good team with a great offense. But they have a bad defense and had a weak schedule this year.

I thought they'd be challenged in the Supoer Bowl by Green Bay but if the Giants get there, that is the only way the Pats lose.

Anyone who thinks Brady will lose to Flacco or Smith is a joker.

Too bad for Brady that Flacco won't be in coverage, eh?

Why oh why do people see every game as QB vs. QB???

The Ravens D has a good chance of dismantling Brady. Their offense should be able to handle the Pats sorry defense.

No gaurantees - but I actually think the Ravens will dismember them. Remember the AFC North was 4-0 vs. the AFC East this year.

Not sure why you don't think the Giants can match up - they have the exact matchup the Pats can't handle - same as the Packers. That front 4 will make your pretty QB look really bad if you don't have a serious run game to keep them honest.