Lee "the magician" Evans....hes dissapeared

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Hairston and Searcy are just starting their careers and are still developing. Evans is only getting older and slower and more brittle.

Evans played in 9 games this year, starting none. Hairston played in 13, started 7. Searcy, 16 and 3.

Yes, our guys played/started due to injuries, but they played solidly for rookies, contributed when called upon, and show upside. Hairston will challenge for a starting OT spot, and will probably develop into our starting RT. Searcy will most likely be taking over the Nickel LB spot from Scott, continue contributing on Special Teams, and provides solid depth behind Wilson.

Any "fan" who values a 2012 Lee Evans over these two kids, or whoever we get in the draft with the Ravens' pick, is just trying to be wallow in past misery.

Both Hairston and Searcy are just starting their careers and are still developing. Evans is only getting older and slower and more brittle.

Evans played in 9 games this year, starting none. Hairston played in 13, started 7. Searcy, 16 and 3.

Yes, our guys played/started due to injuries, but they played solidly for rookies, contributed when called upon, and show upside. Hairston will challenge for a starting OT spot, and will probably develop into our starting RT. Searcy will most likely be taking over the Nickel LB spot from Scott, continue contributing on Special Teams, and provides solid depth behind Wilson.

Any "fan" who values a 2012 Lee Evans over these two kids, or whoever we get in the draft with the Ravens' pick, is just trying to be wallow in past misery.

"Past" misery?

Anyway, the point is that we could have had all 3 on the team this year. All season everyone moaned and groaned about the lack of depth at WR. If Gailey had a problem with the way Evans played, he should have dealt with it and convinced him to go along with the OCs plan. I son't believe Evans ever told the coaches that he refused to go over the middle.

I am not bemoaning the fact that we traded Lee Evans. I am annoyed that we either whiff on high draft picks, or the few times they pan out, we trade them for mid round draft picks, and then end up needing to draft a replacement for them. We need to keep what little talent we have here. If we lose SJ I will be pissed. And if let Byrd and Levitre go I will be thoroughly disgusted

I am not bemoaning the fact that we traded Lee Evans. I am annoyed that we either whiff on high draft picks, or the few times they pan out, we trade them for mid round draft picks, and then end up needing to draft a replacement for them. We need to keep what little talent we have here. If we lose SJ I will be pissed. And if let Byrd and Levitre go I will be thoroughly disgusted

Absolutely agree on this point.

But as far as Evans, I truly believe he is done or near done.

I think in a few years we'll look back on this trade as a good thing.

that 30 yard catch was outstanding. And I think we could of used Lee this year. Trading another first round pick for a 4th rounder. No wonder we suck. We must draft better, and we must hold on to our talent! Sign SJ, extend Levitre and Byrd and quit nickle and diming players already

Wow. Made a great catch, huh? <_<

So, maybe we should pick him up when Baltimore releases him. Afterall, he is a former 1st rounder. :wallbash:

And having Lee this year would have improved our record?

Maybe by 1 or 2 games at most.

Not by a long shot.....he wouldn't have mattered in a single one.

Wow. Made a great catch, huh? <_<

So, maybe we should pick him up when Baltimore releases him. Afterall, he is a former 1st rounder. :wallbash:

Not by a long shot.....he wouldn't have mattered in a single one.

I gave Lee a compliment a nice catch. Way to overreact. Maybe in your eyes we cannot root for an ex Bill. Lighten up Francis

Evans is a good guy and doesn't deserve any venom. That said, here is his status.

Evans is not a moves guy. His thing was to run all out for the long pass. Having lost a step, he no longer is effective.

This season, in 9 games, he caught 4 passes for 74 yards. I hope he invests his pay wisely, because his career is all but over. No venom, just reality.