Tight Enda

Catmanjax

TE's carry teams w/ out WRs. Pats. 49ers. That's just today. It's well known a QB's best friend is a dominate TE.

And Chandler is not a dominate TE. He is average. It's the truth. Average gets TDs/first downs form time to time and that's what Chandler does.

its been so long since we even had a average TE. These 6-7 athletes that you can't cover, can't run with, can't tackle just make and average QB look so much better.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can bring Scott Chandler back it would be a good start . He's not a stud but he's a real good redzone threat & in his first season he has set records with more TD's than any TE in team history so we should keep him around . He can probably bulk up a bit this off season & become a better blocker & all around TE which is something we need to be a complete offense !!!

The guy gets a little success and he is looked at as more than he really is. Nix hinted at that in terms of his FA market value vs. his value to the team.

Yup. Welcome to the sanity club in this thread. Not that I can really knock other posters for praising a guy that I also like as a Bill. He is solid and gave better production this year than we have seen an a while. But in the scheme of things he isn't anything special by league standards. He's kind of the Trent Edwards of TE's. It's one thing to look good following JP. It's another to look good compared to winning football teams.

It would be nice but besides the Bills having bigger needs, these ultra tight ends are hard to come by.

There's only about 5-6 of these guys in the NFL.

I don't know if there are any in this year's draft but I haven't heard that there is.

Guys like Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis don't come out every year.

Georgia Tight End Orson Charles

We really have two TEs the way Chan uses Nelson and Chandler is the same as NE* with Hernandez and Gonk (at least when they are 5 wide), Nelson is just a tad smaller then Hernandez by 30 lbs but an inch or two taller. And Chandler might be average but he is the best one we have had in quite a while. I want them to resign him even if they get another and copy Belicheat. I would love Fred and/or Spiller behind a 7 man front. It would also be the bomb for play action :)

It's basically true. There are about 3 WRs that I would probably exempt from this but the top 3 or so TE's compared to the 4-10 guys when thinking about Fitz's arm? IDK man

The comparison was "Elite WR" vs "Elite TE". You can't use supporting evidence and say "Except for those three top receivers." you end up winning the argument for me.

The comparison was "Elite WR" vs "Elite TE". You can't use supporting evidence and say "Except for those three top receivers." you end up winning the argument for me.

Man I can do whatever the hell I want this is the internet. :)

yr right.. keep chandler or sign fred davis or carlson or draft clemson dude or eifert...I vote for continuity and keep chandler with an incentive based low guarantee that he may not take.. takes qb's a year to get chemistry and hit them out of their breaks.. LOok at not so dirty sanchez..he was given players and albeit selfish talented children and look how well that went.. not sure what clarks production was with painter.. couldn think of a fa example of a tight end.. And yea, yea... he blows anyway and will be washing cars in his meth dealing detail business with tebow in two years...

Name the good tight ends in the NFL.

I would bet that maybe 1 in 4 teams has a difference-making tight end.

The Bills problem (if you want to complain about something) is not that they don't have a good tight end… it's that they only have one good wide receiver.

An elite tight end is a luxury… especially if you don't have good wide receivers.

If the Bills had Megatron playing opposite Stevie Johnson, there would be no conversation about tight ends.

It would be nice if the Bills had an elite tight end.

I'm a bit more worried about pass rusher, wide receiver...

I think every good team needs 2-3 very good receivers if one or 2 of them were TE's (New England) so be it. If you have a couple of very good big wide receivers you might get away with not having a great TE. It does appear that in the playoffs this year we have seen teams with very good TE's. I would place equal value on guys like Gronk, Vernon Davis, Finley, and Graham with any Wide receiver.

With the Bills I don't think the quality of the tight end is as big an issue as the types of plays that are called. Chan doesn't use the tight ends or fullbacks very much. When Chandler went out, Lee Smith came in and did almost as well. It is hard to get a good read on how good the tight ends on the Bills team are since they are used so sparingly.

Speaking of fullbacks, there are plenty of RBs on these playoff teams that look to be about the same size as Corey McIntyre, and they carry the ball pretty often. Again, is it talent, or play calling?

Name the good tight ends in the NFL.

I would bet that maybe 1 in 4 teams has a difference-making tight end.

The Bills problem (if you want to complain about something) is not that they don't have a good tight end… it's that they only have one good wide receiver.

An elite tight end is a luxury… especially if you don't have good wide receivers.

If the Bills had Megatron playing opposite Stevie Johnson, there would be no conversation about tight ends.

It would be nice if the Bills had an elite tight end.

I'm a bit more worried about pass rusher, wide receiver...

This.

Like it or not this is where we are. Let's get on with filling the gaping holes we have before getting an uber TE.

We really have two TEs the way Chan uses Nelson and Chandler is the same as NE* with Hernandez and Gonk (at least when they are 5 wide), Nelson is just a tad smaller then Hernandez by 30 lbs but an inch or two taller. And Chandler might be average but he is the best one we have had in quite a while. I want them to resign him even if they get another and copy Belicheat. I would love Fred and/or Spiller behind a 7 man front. It would also be the bomb for play action :)

Like NE uses Hernandez and Gronk, you say?

Unbelievable.