Fisher chooses Rams

DaveinElma

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Fisher isn't a "God" he is a better coach than Gailey and has gotten a team to the big game. I'd rather him be going to STL so this works out.

Fisher used to be a good coach, until he took an arrow to the knee.

Fisher used to be a good coach, until he took an arrow to the knee.

thats is VERY debatable

What has Fisher ever done to land such glowing reviews? Is it his mustache? If it were not for such a crappy list of retreads out there, he would have never garnished such attention. I was actually hoping he was going to land the Miami gig.

spin it how you want...17 season only five losing seasons...or 17 seasons only 6 play off teams. He owns 5 8-8 seasons and 2 more 7-9. .542 winning percentage Wade Phillips was .581 - Fisher respected as a head coach Phillips typically not.

I for one am glad that he chose the rams b/c we won't have to face him 2 times a year . After the Music City Miracle (man i still get angry when i say it) he would be & always will be a formidable opponent it's just that he won't be in out division so he may not know us as well which will give us a better chance of beating him !!!

You don't get better by playing against lesser competition. The better the coaching in the AFC East the better for the Bills, IMO... that is if you want to win a Super Bowl and not just go to the playoffs and get smoked. Plus it makes the divisional games more entertaining.

Edited by vincec

So, I have to 2nd all of those replies where fans have been bashing the Bills for so long as the only team in the league that this type of thing happens to.

I think that it is very interesting, especially when you add with it the recent meltdown in the Meadowlands locker room whereby certain unnamed Jets players were ripping apart the San-chize and asking for them to trade for Peyton Manning.

This reeks of disarray on the Jets- but I would say that adding tony sporano to the Jets may bring with it some sweet retribution to the Dolphins twice a year when they play the Jets.

So the Jets can't keep their team together, and the Dolphins are in a shambles. And the Patsies aren't getting any younger and have been terrible on defense. As Monty Burns would say on the Simpson: "Excellent".

I'm glad Fisher chose the Rams. I, too, would dread the thought of having to play against Fisher led teams twice per.

His Titan teams were just that...Titan!

They were always tough- physically and mentally- to play against. It wasn't that long ago that Fisher led Titans, with underwhelming talent, were teaching teams like the Steelers and Ravens what smash-mouth football really is.

And given the Bills penchant for injuries...no thank you!

Until these Bills get off of IR on a consistent basis, a Jeff Fisher led Dolphins team would NOT be good for the Bills health.

And anyone who badmouths Fisher as a coach does not know what they are talking about.

I was listening to shefct on espn and he said main reason he didnt go to dolphins was because he couldnt hire his own gm. What Fisher brings in Bill Polian and his son?

Unless he was picked up by somebody else, he was probably looking at Floyd Reese- the GM in Tennessee when he was building those bruising teams.

The Dolpfins are screwed with Jeff Ireland, phins fans h8 the guy. The hired a sky writing plane to implore the Miami owner to fire Ireland. Now that he caused Fisher to choose the Rams they gotta hate him even more, all good stuff for Bills fans :P

Then the Jets are imploding, they went from having the best O line and running game in the NFL to 22nd. they are turning over the offensive staff. The QB is under fire and there are rumors out of Jetville that the FO wants to bring in Peyton Manning. again all good stuff for Bills fans. Wonder where that tool of a jet fan Jimmy Spagnola aka "puffy eye" has gotten off to? :lol:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/137438-jets-game-and-smack-talk/

Now "If only" something could go horribly wrong with the Patriots... ;)

Edited by Fear the Beard

The Dolpfins are screwed with Jeff Ireland, phins fans h8 the guy. The hired a sky writing plane to implore the Miami owner to fire Ireland. Now that he caused Fisher to choose the Rams they gotta hate him even more, all good stuff for Bills fans :P

Then the Jets are imploding, they went from having the best O line and running game in the NFL to 22nd. they are turning over the offensive staff. The QB is under fire and there are rumors out of Jetville that the FO wants to bring in Peyton Manning. again all good stuff for Bills fans. Wonder where that tool of a jet fan Jimmy Spagnola aka "puffy eye" has gotten off to? :lol:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/137438-jets-game-and-smack-talk/page__st__280

Now "If only" something could go horribly wrong with the Patriots... ;)

With our schedule and the turmoil in NY and MIA we better finish 2nd at least.

PTR

21 games over .500 in 17 years? McNair was an elite qb in his prime as well as haynesworth being a beast while e was there. I think he routinely underachieved and is only thought of highly due to his longevity. I wouldn't have been upset if he was hired by the phins.

That said I think he made the right choice - already has a (possible) franchise qb, #2 pick in the draft, and an easier decision.

Fischer's a scuzzbag like Shanahan. Theyre both highly over rated too, that's why I wanted Fins to land him

Making a comment like that, sounds like you never watched a Titans game when Fisher was the coach.

His teams were always bruisers. They always beat teams up. I can remember divisional games when they would play the then-equally as physical Jaguars, Steelers, and Ravens. When the Jets were really tough, too.

The Titans, despite not having as good of talent, always hung in with those teams with a hard-nosed, smash mouth, style that could be discouraging to say the least...and I watched the games!!

The Titans would go blow-for-blow with any physical team...and win a good portion of the time.

Now, looking at our Bills roster of IR candidates- yet again- and I breathe a tremendous sigh of relief that we wouldn't have to play a Fisher-led Dolphins team twice a year that would just clean our clock.

Edited by Bruce

Making a comment like that, sounds like you never watched a Titans game when Fisher was the coach.

His teams were always bruisers. They always beat teams up. I can remember divisional games when they would play the then-equally as physical Jaguars, Steelers, and Ravens. When the Jets were really tough, too.

The Titans, despite not having as good of talent, always hung in with those teams with a hard-nosed, smash mouth, style that could be discouraging to say the least...and I watched the games!!

The Titans would go blow-for-blow with any physical team...and win a good portion of the time.

Now, looking at our Bills roster of IR candidates- yet again- and I breathe a tremendous sigh of relief that we wouldn't have to play a Fisher-led Dolphins team twice a year that would just clean our clock.

How many rings in 17 years?

Jeff Fisher was never going to the stinky fish. Two words Jeff Ireland. One of the premier jerks in the league. Miami was Good for leverage though. Rams were always #1, the rumor mongers lose again.

Actually 4 words… Jeff Ireland Carl Peterson.

Jeff did this to spare all of us pain.

A guy named "Fisher" could never be the coach of the Dolphins; just too many puns. Ears would be bleeding across this great country of ours.

Jeff Fisher is a hero for choosing the Lambs.

Ha Ha!!! I hadn't thought of that one.

I was listening to shefter on espn and he said the main reason he didn't go to dolphins was because he couldn't hire his own gm. What if Fisher brings in Bill Polian and his son?

If Fisher "brought" Polian the structure would be that Polian is subordinate to Fisher.

Polian would never stand for being second-in-command to a Head Coach.

BTW, there weren't too many GM openings this offseason but it's worth noting that Polian wasn't mentioned in any rumors.

Between his age, his diminishing performance, and his coattailing son, who would want the guy?

Looks like Chris Polian might have to make his own way in the world now. Maybe he'll get a job as a scout for some team.

If Fisher "brought" Polian the structure would be that Polian is subordinate to Fisher.

Polian would never stand for being second-in-command to a Head Coach.

BTW, there weren't too many GM openings this offseason but it's worth noting that Polian wasn't mentioned in any rumors.

Between his age, his diminishing performance, and his coattailing son, who would want the guy?

Looks like Chris Polian might have to make his own way in the world now. Maybe he'll get a job as a scout for some team.

Maybe the Polians can join the Schottenheimers in Tampa. Yeah nepotism!

The Ram's got a QB right? Isn't that point #1 on how you make your decision with these guys. Throw in the GM thing and it looked pretty obvious.

and the 2nd pick to get another stud playmaker (or QB)

and about $45 mil in cap room

and big input on how to use the above to build the team

The Dolphins have Ralph II as the meddlng clueless owner

am i the only one that is happy fisher did not go to Miami? he got Greg Williams to go with him can u imagine what he could have done to there defense, now it looks like Miami is having a hard time finding a coach like we did :thumbsup:

Yea, greggo would have had a good year then tank the defense like he did in new orleans and everwhere else. LOL!