STOP ACTING LIKE STEVIE LED THE LEAGUE IN DROPPED PASSES!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

He isn't in ranked in the top 20 for dropped passes....hearing everyone talk up Bowe and he is ranked 2nd most dropped passes.....

Learn to appreciate what we have....

Appreciate what, the TIMES he dropped the ball?

You confuse the number with the timing... and this doesn't even factor into his unsportsmanlike gaffes. No one wants a Ronnie Harmon hands in crucial games out there!

Its not ranting its facts...when people here continue to say stevie drops soo many passes....and then they say get rid of him for another player that damn near led the league in dropped passes...... where's the sense in that?

But if facts are boring.....continue to read the post that aren't backed by stats...and have fun in ignorance!

Nobody wants to get rid of Stevie and I think it is a perception issue. It's when some of the drops occur like when he is wide open with nobody around him and a line to the endzone or all alone in the corner of the endzone. It's not many but it has likely impacted the perception. I am glad he is on the team and want to keep him here.

It's the same guff that Fitz gets with a line that can't afford him anywhere near 3 seconds consistently, losing perhaps the best RB in the league in week 11 and having a rotating cast of truck drivers and grocery baggers every week due to injuries. People like to look at things in a vacuum and B word.

And you are wrong. Your opinion is not based in fact, as a matter of FACT it is contradictory to the FACTS, and therefore you are WRONG.

Right.

How can you say "I don't care what thats stats say....." You sound like a damn fool.

Its like saying, " I don't care what the facts say, the Packers didn't win the SuperBowl last year"

Edited by It's in My Blood

Stevie just drops game winning passes. His drops of easy catchable balls have cost us one game per year since he's been a starter. and counting.

Excellent point. When I watched those very same games (Steelers and Jets) the other 21 starters were not responsible for the outcome. There were no blown coverages by our D and Fitz's only incompletions were to SJ. The offense ran roughly 65 plays in each of those games and as I recall our running game was spectacular as always. Great teams overcome their mistakes to win games, and given SJ's drops, our 4-12 and 6-10 records are on him.

And you are wrong. Your opinion is not based in fact, as a matter of FACT it is contradictory to the FACTS, and therefore you are WRONG.

Disclaimer, once again I state that I am a SJ fan. But it is obvious that hands aren't his strength.

Lol..wow what a statement.

I am wrong that Stevie dropped a game winning pass against the Steelers last year? I am wrong that Stevie missed not one, but two game winning passes against the Jets this year? I am wrong that SJ dropped numerous passes on 3rd down, and a few in the endzone?

No, all those statements are complete and accurate fact. Try again chief...

There are always the "geniuses" such as yourself that want to base all of their opinions on "stats", and rate players based on numbers instead of actual play. The fact is that SJ routinely drops passes in clutch situations. This is common knowledge for anyone that actually watches him.

Making opinions about players based solely on stats is completely asinine. Poz had 151 tackles in 14 games last year...He must have been an amazing pro-bowl LB right? WRONG. Why don't you try actually watching the games...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Excellent point. When I watched those very same games (Steelers and Jets) the other 21 starters were not responsible for the outcome. There were no blown coverages by our D and Fitz's only incompletions were to SJ. The offense ran roughly 65 plays in each of those games and as I recall our running game was spectacular as always. Great teams overcome their mistakes to win games, and given SJ's drops, our 4-12 and 6-10 records are on him.

Your sarcasm is mostly right for the Jets, but not the Steelers game. Even Jim Kelly commented that SJ made several easy drops in that game. We all know about the game winning drop, but everyone forgets about this one.

Your sarcasm is mostly right for the Jets, but not the Steelers game. Even Jim Kelly commented that SJ made several easy drops in that game. We all know about the game winning drop, but everyone forgets about this one.

Nuh Uh! According to the stats he catches almost everything...That must not have really happened...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I am certainly not saying that SJ has not had really bad drops in games, however when I look at the TEAM's performance in those games I tend to see one genuine playmaker and .....? I just feel that if a win or loss comes down to one play at the end of a game that it speaks more to the roster's performance than it does one player, coaching and play calling too of course. The blown coverage to end the Steelers game could be hung on one guy in a similar respect, but again, since I can be more objective watching a Steelers team that I could care less about, that loss was still very much a team effort. Fitz threw 2 awful passes in the Giants game that were most likely easy TDs to SJ and possibly would have lead to a victory. But poor defense and poor pass blocking in the red zone throughout the game was equally culpable. In fact, outside of Fred's first run of the game for a TD, our run game was shut down pretty hard. I digress, I just hope that we keep the guy and get some more talent to compliment him.

Nuh Uh! According to the stats he catches almost everything...That must not have really happened...

Brady threw 4 picks in our first meeting this year and his stats say he almost never throws a pick...Wait, that really did happen. S*** happens, bad games happen, playing with a groin and shoulder injury happens, and the Bills horrible D can contribute to a mighty comeback from 21 down to the Patriots. Back to back 1000 yard seasons for a Bills receiver, well that's a new one.

Edited by RealityCheck

Brady threw 4 picks in our first meeting this year and his stats say he almost never throws a pick...Wait, that really did happen. S*** happens, bad games happen, playing with a groin and shoulder injury happens, and the Bills horrible D can contribute to a mighty comeback from 21 down to the Patriots. Back to back 1000 yard seasons for a Bills receiver, well that's a new one.

Again, I am a big SJ fan...Resigning him may be the most important thing we need to do this offseason. The guy is a very good receiver...

But there is no doubt about it, he has questionable hands. That's all I am saying...Very good receiver with questionable hands. You are actually making my point above, that stats do not tell the whole story...

Other very good receivers have been known to drop a lot of balls as well, such as TO, and Brandon Marshall. I don't see anyone trashing SJ here, but to ignore the obvious is silly...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Again, I am a big SJ fan...Resigning him may be the most important thing we need to do this offseason. The guy is a very good receiver...

But there is no doubt about it, he has questionable hands. That's all I am saying...Very good receiver with questionable hands. You are actually making my point above, that stats do not tell the whole story...

Other very good receivers have been known to drop a lot of balls as well, such as TO, and Brandon Marshall. I don't see anyone trashing SJ here, but to ignore the obvious is silly...

I am definitely not attacking you bro (not that you inferred it either). It is impossible to ignore Stevie"s big drops, and it is an area that we all know he needs to work on. I just wanted to express my view of the contributions, or lack there of, by the rest of the roster and coaches pertaining to our wins and losses. Right now it seems that when this team needs big plays Fitz and Johnson have only each other to count on. You said it though, stats rarely reflect reality. I loved the Spiller pick from the very beginning and he played well down the stretch, but when you look at his stats from the Fins game for example, they don't reflect that huge drop he had in the back of the end zone.

First up- isn't drops still an unofficial stat? And like tackles, can be accredited similarly in an arbitrary manner at times?

Second- I think he gets an especially hard time not just for timing (which is a huge factor) but because he doesn't get those highlight catches. Somewhere in the back of my head I think there's an element of a guy catching a few balls he has no business getting canceling out a drop. Odds are the injuries hurt that element of his game too, so don't flame for me being some hater of sj13- just trying to outline some factors that might feed the perception.

This.Elda foolishly omits how critical Johnson's drops are for a team in need of talent infusion.

OP, if you start other immature, capital lettered rale, it will be your last one for a while. These folks aren't hanging' with you in your parents basement. Get a grip!

Go get'm, capital letters frighten me too. Just curious though, how do you know he is in his parents basement?

I am definitely not attacking you bro (not that you inferred it either). It is impossible to ignore Stevie"s big drops, and it is an area that we all know he needs to work on. I just wanted to express my view of the contributions, or lack there of, by the rest of the roster and coaches pertaining to our wins and losses. Right now it seems that when this team needs big plays Fitz and Johnson have only each other to count on. You said it though, stats rarely reflect reality. I loved the Spiller pick from the very beginning and he played well down the stretch, but when you look at his stats from the Fins game for example, they don't reflect that huge drop he had in the back of the end zone.

Yeah I think we are pretty much on the same page. My point was more aimed at the guy who suggested that anyone who thinks SJ dropped passes was flat out "wrong" because he found some numbers that suggest otherwise.

The drop stat is not a factual based stat though. It's based on what the stat taker thinks is a pass that should have been caught in the opinion of the stat taker. It's not like yards from scrimmage or completion percentage for example. It's like an error in baseball.

I'll say it, SJ drops too many passes. I don't care what the "stat sheet" says. I watched the beginning of the Patsies Replay and he dropped one in that game before he got benched. It's not just the 2 big ones, it's those and a lot more. He drops at least one almost every week.